"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-01-2015, 09:59 PM   #4191
Master Chef

"But you SAID 'short'! I cut it "short". And that's how you got your special haircut, PF.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:05 PM   #4192
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
"But you SAID 'short'! I cut it "short". And that's how you got your special haircut, PF.
She did "snip,snip, snip..." then asked how it looked. I said I had no idea, I needed my glasses to see it. That was an "Oh No!" moment. When Shrek saw it, it was an "OH NO!!!!!" 30 minutes.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:33 AM   #4193
Executive Chef

PF, I'm sorry to hear about your haircut! What was she thinking? I like the way my hairdresser cuts my hair, but I have to keep on her to go short enough to suit me. This recent haircut is a little too long on top, and I will be going back sooner than usual. Maybe that's why she does it? More haircuts, more $$$$$. My hair is very thick and if not cut short enough it gets too bushy.

Cell phones. One time I was walking around Target and my cart started ringing. LOL I looked down and there was a cell phone in it. I couldn't figure out how to answer it and it stopped. I took it up to Customer Service and she said the guy had been up there and called his phone trying to locate it. I don't know if he ever came back for it.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #4194
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I always have kept my hair on the long side. I learned long ago not to let anyone else cut it because they always got scissors happy and cut it too short.

I figured out how to even it up and remove split ends myself; even after my stroke where the surgeon shaved part of my hair and had to chop off the rest because it was left so tangled and sticky that I couldn't undo the mess.

I just part my hair in the middle then comb it all toward my face and trim shorter in the middle tapering to long on either side. Job done!

The reason for the sharp point in the middle is because I have a habit of twisting my hair up and clamping it, When I take it down, the middle hangs short because of the deeper curl from twisting it up.

Hey, PF - are there pictures of your new place that I can see? If you already posted them, I must have missed it. Pretty please show me the link again. XOXOX

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #4195
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

My hair goes to the middle of my back, sometimes longer. DH is my beautician, a few whacks straight across with my sewing scissors does the trick. He works for food.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:17 AM   #4196
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I always have kept my hair on the long side. I learned long ago not to let anyone else cut it because they always got scissors happy and cut it too short.

I figured out how to even it up and remove split ends myself; even after my stroke where the surgeon shaved part of my hair and had to chop off the rest because it was left so tangled and sticky that I couldn't undo the mess.

I just part my hair in the middle then comb it all toward my face and trim shorter in the middle tapering to long on either side. Job done!

The reason for the sharp point in the middle is because I have a habit of twisting my hair up and clamping it, When I take it down, the middle hangs short because of the deeper curl from twisting it up.

Hey, PF - are there pictures of your new place that I can see? If you already posted them, I must have missed it. Pretty please show me the link again. XOXOX
When my youngest daughter was murdered, my oldest daughter went into shock. She developed alopecia. Every time she put her hand to her head, a hunk of hair would come out. She ended up wearing a wig for almost a year. Finally her hair started to come back after a serious of steroid shots. She looked great in short hair. But that experience left her so shook up that she still wears it as long as it will grow. Then when she developed the brain cancer, she thought for sure she was going to lose her hair again. But fortunately the chemo she was on, didn't cause that to happen.

Me? I tell my hairdresser the same thing every time. Off! Take it all off! I have a cowlick right at the left side of the back of my head. And all my kids have it. (The curse of my family) So when my hair starts to grow back in, it just sticks up there like the flag of the family name. I get an extremely pixie short cut to the scalp. Wash and wear.

I have thick bushy hair. A pain to take care of. Off! Take it all off!
Old 05-04-2015, 11:25 AM   #4197
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post

What are you doing? Post 24574

Z, you will find them there.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:16 PM   #4198
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
What are you doing? Post 24574

Z, you will find them there.
Actually, you won't You'll find them here: What are you doing?
Old 05-05-2015, 06:27 AM   #4199
Master Chef

We have a freight trains go thru our neighborhood. It used come at 7:30, now at comes at 4:30 and sounds horn. It is absolutely crazy. This is heavily populated area. It wakes me up and I cannot go back to sleep. Then my whole day is messed up. There are other parts of the city where they have sign at crossings that says "no horn sound" or something like that. I do not know where to complain.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking
Old 05-05-2015, 08:30 AM   #4200
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Trains sound like home to me, it should take me a day to get used to them. Mom and Dad live right next to the tracks, with a train every 20 minutes during the day, you learn to pace your conversations and the TV is always loud. With us being 2 blocks away, it will be a bit muted. During the night they come back empty about every 40 minutes.