Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fine print of that kind is nothing more than an overt attempt to deceive you. Not something a reputable business should do.

My eyes are old. I have trouble reading the fine print with my reading glasses.
They should do away with putting restrictions like that in fine print. They bait you.
"Cannot be combined with other offers" or "coupon expires on 6/30/2015" are acceptable in fine print.

Last edited:
That district manager who manages the owners 3 El Pollo Loco stores emailed me a very sarcastic reply too. She probably won't even bother to send me a coupon for a free 2 pc. meal.

It used to be district representatives of major companies would try and do anything to avoid bad public relations.
She pretty much replied to me with an insult condescending email reply, and asked me.."what will please you?" Really sarcastic like. I'm not getting any free meal coupon in the mail.

I said her off with the joke about the genie who grants 2 workers and a manager their wishes at their lunch break. The first two wish for their hearts desire and it is granted by the genie. The manager uses her wish that the two be back after lunch as usual. Cruel !

Last edited:
Most upper management of El Pollo Loco got rid of their company stock since it went public almost a year ago. That says a lot about the company.
As a retail investor I own a bunch of shares of LOCO. At this point in time I wish I didn't own any. But I do like their chicken.

Nope. This is the same guy who parked all his 6 landscaping trucks in his driveway. The County Attourney had to ban his equipment after we all complained as we're zoned residential, not business, and even though the sheriff banged on his door every day, he refused to answer. They also don't pay the rec assoc. dues, but still use the pool, they just show up with the family when someone else is there and the gate is unlocked. He's also wiped out a number of my pine tree branches with his trucks and he and his wife have both taken out my mailbox several times, though his wife is the only one to admit to it.

Lovely folks :LOL:

Ugh, what a nightmare neighbor, Dawg. :mad: Hopefully the law will catch up to him before he does any more damage or tries to skate under the radar. Can't stand it when people get away with stuff like that, when everyone else is following the rules.

We don't have an HOA here in my neighborhood, but I (and other neighbors close by) are so frustrated with the guy who lives directly behind me. We share a common fence, his back yard is next to mine. He is in love with his godforsaken leaf blower and uses it EVERY SINGLE MORNING between 8 and 9. That's not particularly 'early', but he is the only one on the block who disturbs the quiet enjoyment of this neighborhood. I dislike those things so much. :rolleyes: :LOL:

That's so irritating, Cheryl. Some people just have no respect. I remember the previous guy (who lived in the house before the neighbor from hell) using his leafblower at 6:30 am on a Sunday morning. I did go out in my jammies and ripped him a new one, and it never happened again. The current guy couldn't care less, and just does whatever he wants. And takes no responsibility for his actions.

Last edited:
Our idiot neighbor decided to mow his lawn with his huge rider at 7:30 this morning...
Suddenly, the Wicked Witch to my north doesn't seem so evil. Dawg, I'm sorry to hear you have to put up with such a...jerk.

I had to admit that my neighbor-from-hell has softened up a bit. We talk pleasantly to each other. Almost friendly-like. It's amazing what happens to a person when a big change occurs in their life. For my neighbor, her son decided to go into the military after one year of college. He told her college seemed too easy, he wanted a challenge, and he figured it wouldn't hurt to have the advantage of financial support for college from his military service. He wanted to be a Marine. She was afraid for him, so she talked to a friend who is an Army recruiter. He, in turn, convinced the young man that the Army was good...and he then trained to be a Ranger! :ohmy: After a year in Korea he came home for a few weeks leave. Sadly, it looks like he'll be part of the group being sent to the middle east on this latest round of deployments.

Early in the morning and I have a case of severe frustration. I am looking for the post that I think taxlady made about removing the top of the McCormick grinder for the peppercorns. Someone please come to my rescue.

How can I use the peppercorns in the McCormick grinder for my personal grinder? I asked my son to pick me up some peppercorns. :mad: And he brought home the more expensive one. I just wanted some peppercorns. My personal grinder has a nice handle on it and is so much easier to use for my old, very old hands.

SO HOW DO I GET THE DANG GRINDER OFF THE MCCORMICK JAR? Help Please!! :angel:

Early in the morning and I have a case of severe frustration. I am looking for the post that I think taxlady made about removing the top of the McCormick grinder for the peppercorns. Someone please come to my rescue.

How can I use the peppercorns in the McCormick grinder for my personal grinder? I asked my son to pick me up some peppercorns. :mad: And he brought home the more expensive one. I just wanted some peppercorns. My personal grinder has a nice handle on it and is so much easier to use for my old, very old hands.

I remember a post from Kayelle about this refillable grinder from Trader Joe's.

81W64z8p7QL._SY679_.jpg

Thanks Aunt Bea. Hopefully she will come on today and see my plea. Thanks. If not I will send her a personal note. :angel:

The Trader Joe's refillable grinder looks like the ticket, but not everyone has a store near them.
One YouTube video shows this big black guy who looks as strong as an ox and is able to muscle the grinder top off the McCormick bottle with one hand. Not everyone is that strong. Here's a link to another method.

Reuse a "disposable" spice mill

Last edited:
I think that coupons like that are very poor marketing. What's the chances that Caslon goes to a Polo Loco soon?

I like their chicken tho! I'm still doing a slow burn about the email reply sent to me by the manager of 3 owned Loco franchises. Did I mention that I emailed her with the amount I was charged with that coupon in order to explain my case to her? She replied that yes, I was overcharged by 1.444 cents!
SARCASTIC AS ALL GET OUT!

Has anyone had bad experiences with a bad property management company manager or an apartment complex manager? This El Pollo Loco manager representative treated me exactly like that. I'm almost sure she had a previous job as one of those.

Anyways, I've saved her sarcastic reply to me. I'm looking into finding a regional district manager that represents El Pollo Loco at a corporate level, not some hired management company hired by the owner of 3 of their stores.

Let me give you a contrasting experience with other company reps who are true public relations rep types.

I lamented to a local major bakery public relations rep about how the bread I've been buying was small and really spongy. As some may recall, I posted a topic about here. Many of you replied.
He not only called me and talked with me about it (very sympathetic too) but he brought over a box with 7 loafs of bread by different brands to try. 7 loafs for free!

Another example of how a good public relations rep should act...
I got a six pack of 7 UP with one of the cans totally empty. We have a 7UP bottling plant here and I took it to their public relations guy. He apologized and came out with a free CASE of 7 Up! 24 cans!

Now contrast that to that sarcastic email I received from that El Pollo Loco rep for a franchise owner.

I need to bump this issue and her sarcastic reply upstairs more, if I can. I'm looking into doing so. A truly corporate regional public relations rep, if I can contact one. Not necessarily about the coupon issue, but rather, her response to me.

Thanks for letting me vent about it here.

Last edited:
We picked up one of the worst pizzas ever last year from one of our local pizza franchises whose quality had always been consistently good. I emailed their website, and the manager got right back to me, apologized profusely, and gave us $20 credit on our next purchase.

Last edited:
We picked up one of the worst pizzas ever last year from one of our local pizza franchises whose quality had always been consistently good. I emailed their website, and the manager got right back to me, apologized profusely, and gave us $20 credit on our next purchase.

Funny you should mention pizza. I bought a Dominos medium 12" pizza last night. When I opened the box, it looked kinda small. I measured it and it wasn't 12" but rather barely 11" in diameter. I'm not saying it was intentional, but I'm taking my tape measure next time I go for a carry out pizza at that Dominos store. Remember the controversy Subway got into when it was discovered their "foot long" subs weren't 12" long?

I just sent an email form to Dominos describing this occurrence along with the store address and time I walked in. That site says "A representative will contact you shortly." I'm waiting to see what type of response I get.

Last edited:
A few years back, maybe 8 years or so, I bought 2 lbs. of Farmer John bacon for our family Christmas breakfast. The strips were so thin they wouldn't pull apart without breaking, and were almost all fat. I emailed the company, and 2 weeks later I got a handwritten apology letter with 6 $5 off coupons good for any Farmer John product.

I got a reply email from corporate Dominos thanking me for my concerns and that he will contact the owner of that store and let him know about it. It seems that franchises that are locally owned don't exactly bend over backwards to keep you happy. You could send corporate a photo of the worst looking restaurant product and all corporate will do is thank you and send along your concerns to the local owner of that franchise, nothing more, not even an apology or maybe a gift coupon to make up for it. It's just feedback to them. I wonder why they ask for your address on that form? We'll see if I get anything in the mail from them. I doubt I will.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom