Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Trader Joe's refillable grinder looks like the ticket, but not everyone has a store near them.
One YouTube video shows this big black guy who looks as strong as an ox and is able to muscle the grinder top off the McCormick bottle with one hand. Not everyone is that strong. Here's a link to another method.

Reuse a "disposable" spice mill

Thanks Caslon. I will let my son play Strong Man when he wakes up. I just want to get the pepper out so I can put it in my own grinder. I have no desire to use the McCormack one again and again. My own grinder is much easier for me to use. It has a big knob on it that my small hand can fit around with out the arthritis acting up. :angel:

Thanks Caslon. I will let my son play Strong Man when he wakes up. I just want to get the pepper out so I can put it in my own grinder. I have no desire to use the McCormack one again and again. My own grinder is much easier for me to use. It has a big knob on it that my small hand can fit around with out the arthritis acting up. :angel:

You like them McCormick pepper corns do ya? :LOL:

I'm gonna to see if my local store stocks that McCormick jar that has pepper and red pepper flakes mixed in with it, for my beef jerky.

Last edited:

I'm gonna to see if my local store stocks that McCormick jar that has pepper and red pepper flakes mixed in with it, for my beef jerky.

I don't care what the peppercorns are. I just want to get them out of the jar and into my own grinder. It is so much easier to use. I can't use pepper. Really tears up my stomach. :angel:

You could always mix your own pepper and red pepper flakes if you can't find that premix.

Early in the morning and I have a case of severe frustration. I am looking for the post that I think taxlady made about removing the top of the McCormick grinder for the peppercorns. Someone please come to my rescue.

How can I use the peppercorns in the McCormick grinder for my personal grinder? I asked my son to pick me up some peppercorns. :mad: And he brought home the more expensive one. I just wanted some peppercorns. My personal grinder has a nice handle on it and is so much easier to use for my old, very old hands.

SO HOW DO I GET THE DANG GRINDER OFF THE MCCORMICK JAR? Help Please!! :angel:

I remember a post from Kayelle about this refillable grinder from Trader Joe's.

81W64z8p7QL._SY679_.jpg

Thanks Aunt Bea. Hopefully she will come on today and see my plea. Thanks. If not I will send her a personal note. :angel:

Here I am. ;)

I don't know about getting the grinder off the top of a McCormick jar, it's likely you can't.

I was tickled to find Trader Joes grinder spice jars are refillable for other uses simply by unscrewing the top.

Now I'm really confused :wacko: If Pirate wants pepper, let him grind his own in the McCormick grinder!

So true. Great idea. If he had his way, he would put pepper in everything. I have to remind him no pepper when he cooks something that both of us will eat. He made me scrambled eggs and was reaching for the grinder. I almost had a fit. I think he has learned though. I told him he would be the one to take care of me when I get sick and am vomiting. That thought made an impression. He saw me through the Noro Virus. Doesn't want a repeat of that. :angel:

Are turn signals on some cars optional these days? Or have people forgotten how to use them?

I just love it when people just stop in the middle of the road and make me assume they're turning. It's like, "Well, are you turning or did your transmission just fall out?"

Gaaaaaahhhh!!

Are turn signals on some cars optional these days? Or have people forgotten how to use them?

I just love it when people just stop in the middle of the road and make me assume they're turning. It's like, "Well, are you turning or did your transmission just fall out?"

Gaaaaaahhhh!!
Someone did a survey of why drivers don't bother to use their turn indicators. The majority didn't want to make the effort. Good grief! You just move a finger. How much effort is that?

Along with grinding his own pepper, I bet he can cut up his own food too.;)

:LOL: That is more than I can do now. My fingers cannot stand the pressure required to push with the knife. He has to cut up my meat. My two index finger are now useless. :angel:

I wish the Princess would hurry up and get settled. I miss her so much. :(

Hey princess!! Yoo Hoo! Are you out there? We need you. Hurry up and come back. :angel:

PF mentioned that her internet service would be limited to her mom's house for awhile, so she'd be checking in very sporadically.

Yeah, things are a little less magical with PF being incommunicado. I'm sure hoping that everything is moving along smoothly so they can get into that new house she showed us, get settled, and GET INTERNET! :LOL:

I miss PF too.

I wish I could lug some boxes or wash some windows to help her get settled!

Trust me, I don't have those thoughts very often or for very many people! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm really upset right now. I've been feeling really crummy all day - weak, jittery and my feet hurt more than usual. So I can't attend the memorial service for my neighbor who passed away last week. DH is going, but I'm really unhappy that I can't go. At least I took the family some food yesterday and DH will let his wife know why I'm not there. But it sucks. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom