Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Inaccurate photo of shoes you buy

Grrrr. You see a pair of shoes or sneakers you like for sale at places like Amazon. You order them, receive them, then open the box and the shoes look a completely different color than the ones that were depicted when you ordered them. On top of that, I have to pay the shipping to send them back. :mad:

These are the shoes as depicted in the ad when I ordered them (overexposed picture).
shoe1.jpg

These are what I received.
shoe2.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered a pair of sandals from Zappos once. I got a pair of men's size 12 beige boat shoes instead in the sandals box. Thankfully Zappos paid for me to send them back.

Last edited:
I've returned items back to Amazon that weren't up to my satisfaction. I never had to pay return shipment. In fact, they email you a return authorization form and a carrier will pick up your return package.
This is one thing I like about Amazon. For an online merchant Amazon may not have the best prices but their return policy is pretty much hassle free so I use them for most of my online purchases.

Last edited:
I've returned items back to Amazon that weren't up to my satisfaction. I never had to pay return shipment. In fact, they email you a return authorization form and a carrier will pick up your return package.
This is one thing I like about Amazon. For an online merchant Amazon may not have the best prices but their return policy is pretty much hassle free so I use them for most of my online purchases.

I ordered them from Amazon's site! Then printed out the return shipping label and at the top right of that printed return label it says, "Attach postage" !!! I didn't realize I was buying from a shoe store called MSS Shoes thru Amazon. MSS Shoes is some snooty small fashion online site. I need to more carefully read the return policy on some Amazon items. :(

Unfortunately pictures on line do not always show exact color. Personally, I hate buying on line.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Unfortunately pictures on line do not always show exact color. Personally, I hate buying on line.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

There is a song by Gilbert and Sullivan from H.M.S. Pinafore called: Things Are Seldom What They Seem. I think of that song every time I order anything on line. :angel:

Who Said No Good Deed Goes Unpunished?

The neighbors are still at it.They do have some will power in them.It's just a shame they can't use it to help themselves.

It's been more requests.I've graduated up to being asked to do yard work now.They've also upped the anty to actually paying me to $30, but didn't say if it's per hr or not.

When I said no.I got a quick txt back "Thank you!"
An hour later she responded again to my reasons why I can't with a load of...
We can't do this, that or the other because..Completely disregarding me.Can your sons do it instead? NO they can't!

I've never read so many lies, or manipulations in a txt before.
I'm still sneaking out of the house.Keeping a low profile and not answering the phone or txts from them.This is fun!:ermm::LOL:

The neighbors are still at it.They do have some will power in them.It's just a shame they can't use it to help themselves.

It's been more requests.I've graduated up to being asked to do yard work now.They've also upped the anty to actually paying me to $30, but didn't say if it's per hr or not.

When I said no.I got a quick txt back "Thank you!"
An hour later she responded again to my reasons why I can't with a load of...
We can't do this, that or the other because..Completely disregarding me.Can your sons do it instead? NO they can't!

I've never read so many lies, or manipulations in a txt before.
I'm still sneaking out of the house.Keeping a low profile and not answering the phone or txts from them.This is fun!:ermm::LOL:

Absolutely! Make a game out of it all and protect your sanity at the same time. :angel:

Well! @#!$^%!!!

I called the number to check the balance on my debit card and was told there was "an important message" regarding my account. then I was transferred to a customer service representative where a recording saying that they had a heavy volume of calls and to call back later and then they disconnected my call.

According to their website, their response time is 78 minutes!

Since today is a Social Security payday for so many people, I don't think I'll be able to get through today at all.

Now I'm stuck waiting to call back and have to wait and worry.:mad:

Of course, I'm ready to go shopping, but I don't dare leave until I know what's going on.

Last edited:
I finally decided to check my mail (I don't bother going every day).

There is a letter from Direct Express Fraud Services Department.

There was a different phone number and this time it's letting me hold.

Of course, after holding for 10 or 15 minutes it disconnected. I called back immediately, but lost my place in the queue. GRRRRRrrrrr!:censored:

I don't think today is SS day. They have a new system now that you get your SS on Wednesday's going according to your BD or name. I think only people on SS disability get theirs on the first day of the month.

I hope you get through soon and find out what's going on. That's very annoying. For the fraud department, there should be more open lines. For your sake, I hope it's something stupid, like wanting to sell you fraud protection or something similar.

Check the credit you receive from them. I'm not sure if it's Amazon or someone else, but even though they give you the label to use that does not require you to pay at the time of pickup, they deduct the amount from the credit they issue to you.

I no longer order anything online if there's a chance I will want to return it, unless it's something I can return to a local brick and mortar store.

I think for Amazon, the difference is whether Amazon is fulfilling the order or if they are acting as an agent for another retailer.

When Amazon is acting as an agent, the cost of the item does not count towards the $35 minimum for free shipping and there are different return policies.

You have to be on your toes with them, it can be confusing.

Last edited:
I've discovered that when SS tells you your check will arrive and when it actually arrives are not related. My check is supposed to arrive on the third Wednesday of the month. I receive it on the first Friday after the 2nd of the month.

Z, I hope it's something that can be cleared up quickly and easily. What a PITA, especially since you were going to go shopping today.

Well! @#!$^%!!!

I called the number to check the balance on my debit card and was told there was "an important message" regarding my account...Of course, I'm ready to go shopping, but I don't dare leave until I know what's going on.
There is no pain in the butt like a government-induced pain in the butt. Sure hope you're able to clear this up fast and that there isn't any problem with your account.

I usually make sure the items are Amazon stocked warehouse items and not third party. If they are third party, Ebay is usually cheaper for that same free shipping item (and often from same vendor on Amazon) and on top of that, no sales tax added in most cases.

And I think with Amazon returns if you are returning simply because you changed your mind they probably will charge you return shipping. I always check defective or deceptive description when returning something as they are always the case when I decide to return something.

Last edited:
Went to visit my mom down in SC this weekend. Started getting a scratchy throat on Wednesday, which turned into a very sore throat by friday with blister like lesions forming up both sides of my tongue. Apparently there was a lesion on the back of my throat causing the discomfort. I couldn't take anymore so I went to urgent care on Sunday morning tested negative for strep, and negative for viral. Said it was likely bacterial. I was expecting her to prescribe an antibiotic, but instead she prescribed Prednisone which I thought odd, but it seems to be working. I feel better today.

Drove home dosing with Cloraseptic spray, (still better than driving home from Florida with the flu..). I've been eating mashed potatoes, jello and pudding for the last couple days. Today I ate some ham without much pain. Hopefully I'm on the upswing.

It becomes a bit easier with Prime. Things marked with Prime include free return shipping. Even without prime, Amazon is likely to give a courtesy credit if you receive something unsatisfactory even if they aren't the seller, it would be worth a try.

I really enjoy Zappo's for shoe shopping (now owned by Amazon). It's much easier to shop, having to sift through multiple listings to find the combination of color, size, width etc.. is a pain on Amazon, but very straight forward on Zappo's. Zappo's includes free return shipping on everything, no membership required.

Back
Top Bottom