"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-15-2012, 01:23 AM   #441
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Today's petty vent was all about driving.

Last night I had to move my car out of the garage because they changed the oil tank for the heater in our garage today. There were going to be several hours this morning that we wouldn't be able to get in or out of the garage.

I spent a half an hour looking for a parking spot on the street. I didn't pay attention to the sign that said "No parking Wednesdays 09h00 to 12h00. I'm pretty sure it used to be from 11-12 or from 12-13. So, when I went to get in the car, there was a parking ticket. At least it's only for $32.

One of my tires looked awfully low on air, so I went to the gas station for air. Gas was a good 10 cents a litre cheaper than it has been, so I wanted to add some gas. There were a lot of cars at the gas station. One guy was so eager to get my spot, since I was done, that he was crowding me. Then, when I started to leave, he immediately started into my spot, so I could hardly get out of it. He had an out of province license plate. And the tire, it was at less than 20 lbs. I really should remember to check tire pressure more often. I forgot to put the caps back on the tire valves, so I had four metal caps in my pocket all day.

Drivers were crazily aggressive today. It was scary and I'm used to aggressive Quebec drivers. Cutting me off, tail gating, scary sudden lane changes. Honking at me because I won't tailgate the guy in front of me. Then, when I finally get home, the guy coming into the garage behind me, wouldn't let me back up. Misunderstanding, but as he put it, "We managed to have a traffic jam at home."

Old 11-16-2012, 03:11 AM   #442
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
if you were shorted on a prescription drug, and if that drug was vicoden, would you think it was a deliberate steal, or an honest mistake? then, if you were shorted on another prescription medication in the same exact way, what would be your thinking then? if you knew it was the pharmacist himself/herself that filled both rxes, would that change your perspective? if changing drug stores was not an option, what if anything would you do in order to make sure of a correct count in your future prescriptions?
the above is one of my posts from about a month ago. at that time, a number of us had quite an interesting discussion about my having been shorted on two prescriptions. i have an update of this unpleasant experience that i thought i'd share with you. this took place today.

i had another delivery this afternoon, of medications from the drugstore where i'd received 20 pills less than what had been prescribed--10 pills short in each of two rxes.

when my delivery arrived, i asked the delivery girl to sit down with me at the dining table and help me do a count of my pills. she had been on duty on the previous occasion also. her reluctance was evident by her hesitation and look of discomfort, but then she gamely joined me at the table, and we proceeded to count out 280 pills.

well, this time we actually came up with 285 pills instead of 280. that was a big surprise to me. because of last month's pill shortage, and the dispute over it with the pharmacist, my prescriptions were to be double checked from now on, with a notation to that effect at the station. besides, i assumed the pharmacist, who had been

Old 11-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #443
Executive Chef

haughty and had treated me nasty throughout, would do everything in her power to avoid being put in a compromising position again,--over a mistake.
wrong again....

i no longer believe the shortage of pills last time was deliberate, or a theft. my thinking now is that i have been dealing with a small, privately run drug store, with a sloppy pharmacist, and possibly an incompetent one.

once all of this is behind me, and i have sufficiently recovered, my plan is to transfer all of my prescriptions from this pharmacy back to kroger's a major chain. and now i am left with a final question: i wonder why it is that the only two drug stores delivering meds in this town are two small independent ones. why aren't any of the major pharmacies offering this service? in some way or other, it must all come back around to money, to profit margins....

* part one of this post got printed before i was finished writing it--another glitchy day for my computer. i kept losing posts all through the night. but thankfully, this very vitally important post was finally able to be completed. :)
Old 11-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #444
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm sorry you have to deal with that Vit. I don't know why major pharmacies wouldn't deliver. I get my 'scripts from a Canada wide chain and they deliver. I don't know if other outlets do, but the one near me does.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #445
Chef Extraordinaire

I just received the dumbest phone call from my daughter.

Her son , who lives downstairs called her.

"Ma, come here, quick!"

She rushed down the stairs as fast as she could.

"Come here Ma. Look at this. What do I do?"

It seems that my 30 something grandson had a bowel movement so long and large that it came above the waterline and was resting against the toilet seat.

Daughter calls me. "Ma what do we do?"

"Flush the toilet."

"Flush the toilet son."

Problem solved.

I just want it on record that this line of stupidity does not come from my side of the family. My kids never ceased to amaze me with their total lack of intelligence. Or they just want me to have a continued feeling of being needed. I am still sitting here shaking my head in disbelief. (I can hear you laughing!)
Old 11-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #446
Chef Extraordinaire

Old 11-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #447
Cook

OH MY GOD Addie!!

That had me in stitches of laughter!

Did you know there is a site on the internet called "Rate My Poo"?

Maybe your daughter could have entered it into there
Old 11-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #448
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasroc View Post
OH MY GOD Addie!!

That had me in stitches of laughter!

Did you know there is a site on the internet called "Rate My Poo"?

Maybe your daughter could have entered it into there
One time my daughter sliced open her palm twice doing the same thing a second time. You would have thought she learned the first time. Dumb!!! But this one even tops that.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #449
Chef Extraordinaire

OUCH!

What was she cutting Ads?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #450
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
OUCH!

What was she cutting Ads?
She was trying to open a frozen hot dog bun. Her hand slipped down the length of a long blade. When the doctor was stitching her up, she wanted to know when he started. I turned her head away and he went to work. When he was done, I told her, "All right, get ready. He is going to start now." She started screaming. A week after she got the stitches removed, she did it again trying to open a frozen hot dog bun. If she wasn't bleeding so bad, I would have killed her.