"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-08-2015, 01:32 PM   #4491
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
And never walk away from the grill, even for a minute. Those fat flare-ups happen so quickly. Glad to hear your ribs were such a success Chief, they sound really good.
Yep, you took the words outa my mouth. I do all the grilling, and keep the house phone out there with me. That way I can use the intercom mode to have Steve bring me something or check the oven. Never ever leave your grill!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:44 PM   #4492
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Yep, you took the words outa my mouth. I do all the grilling, and keep the house phone out there with me. That way I can use the intercom mode to have Steve bring me something or check the oven. Never ever leave your grill!
Since my surgery, DH and I have our cell phones with us all the time. So we text each other when we need something, or just want to say I u

Old 07-08-2015, 01:50 PM   #4493
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Since my surgery, DH and I have our cell phones with us all the time. So we text each other when we need something, or just want to say I u
That sure works too GG. We aren't so modern though. We don't even have a clue how to text anyone. Thumb typing just isn't for me.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:16 PM   #4494
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
That sure works too GG. We aren't so modern though. We don't even have a clue how to text anyone. Thumb typing just isn't for me.
On my smartphone, the electronic keyboard anticipates sentences and supplies up to five words that I just have to tap on to put in a sentence. It took me a while to get DH to want and then buy a smartphone, but now he loves it. It's especially handy when he goes to the grocery store and has a question about something on my list
Old 07-08-2015, 02:17 PM   #4495
Chef Extraordinaire

My only petty vent is that I have so many veggies from the garden to put up before we leave for our NC beach trip Sunday! Lots of Roma tomatoes picked by our cat/plant caretakers, but they're not ripe enough to roast yet! Hopefully by Saturday.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:28 PM   #4496
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
On my smartphone, the electronic keyboard anticipates sentences and supplies up to five words that I just have to tap on to put in a sentence. It took me a while to get DH to want and then buy a smartphone, but now he loves it. It's especially handy when he goes to the grocery store and has a question about something on my list
Isn't that a handy feature? I love predictive text and use mine all the time. My local daughter and I text more than we talk unless we're together, of course - my out-of-town daughter and I talk more than we text. LOL
Old 07-09-2015, 08:22 AM   #4497
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Now that's sound good!

I wish I had neighbors like that, but this being L.A. neighbors rarely associate with one another, and we've been living in this house for 25 years. We hardly know our neighbors beyond our immediate next door folks.

I had neighbors like that. Actually they were Indians. They were the nicest, the friendliest couple, so we're their kids. Unfortunately now we have Pakistanis living there and they are not jus opposite, they are openly hateful, because we are Jews. We had a swing set in between two properties that we bought with previous couple half and half, we never had problems kids sharing. Not so these days. I finally told kids not to go there if neighbors are there.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking
Old 07-10-2015, 11:38 AM   #4498
Executive Chef

I am missing one of my favorite serving spoons. Unless someone threw it in the garbage by mistake, the only place it could be is at my son's, where I took several dishes on Easter. I always take serving spoons when I bring a dish. If I ask them, they will say they don't have it, but the next time I'm there I'm going to ask to check their downstairs kitchen, where they cooked and served Easter dinner and keep a lot of their odds and ends. I'm hoping I find it there. It is old, and a little bit smaller than my other serving spoons. It fits well into small jars.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:58 AM   #4499
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Good luck finding that serving spoon Carol. Yeah, sometimes people don't bother to check carefully for something like that. You are more motivated.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:26 PM   #4500
Chef Extraordinaire

Carol, I know it would be presumptive of you, but can't you check her silver drawers yourself? It would probably border on being rude. But I am just gutsy enough to do just that if the spoon were very important to me. I have a silver spoon that belonged to my great grandmother. It has a Gregorian A engraved on it. I don't let it go anywhere outside this house. My kids know about it, and my daughter wants it at the end.