"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #4501
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 20,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I went to Costco for some groceries. While I was there, I looked at the jeans, 'cause I desperately need new jeans. I found some for ~$14. They are even stretchy. I checked that the back pockets weren't just decorative, and found they were real (a real problem with women's clothes). I bought two pairs in two sizes, 'cause you can't really try them on at Costco. The smaller pair is snug over long underwear. The bigger pair fits fine over long underwear. But, the fly and both front pockets are just for show!

I will have to try somewhere else. In the meantime, they are in a bag with the receipt, in case I can't find anything other jeans I like in my size. I have 30 days to bring them back to Costco for a refund.

I need my pockets. I put car keys in my front pocket and my phone in a back pocket.

Everyone needs to receive a butt call. Mostly those that drive you crazy.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #4502
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I went to Costco for some groceries. While I was there, I looked at the jeans, 'cause I desperately need new jeans. I found some for ~$14. They are even stretchy. I checked that the back pockets weren't just decorative, and found they were real (a real problem with women's clothes). I bought two pairs in two sizes, 'cause you can't really try them on at Costco. The smaller pair is snug over long underwear. The bigger pair fits fine over long underwear. But, the fly and both front pockets are just for show!

I will have to try somewhere else. In the meantime, they are in a bag with the receipt, in case I can't find anything other jeans I like in my size. I have 30 days to bring them back to Costco for a refund.

I need my pockets. I put car keys in my front pocket and my phone in a back pocket.
I agree, pockets are a necessity! I've never understood why manufacturers short women's wear on pockets. And then the pockets they do have in jeans and jackets are dinky compared to those in men's clothes.
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #4503
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,899
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I agree, pockets are a necessity! I've never understood why manufacturers short women's wear on pockets. And then the pockets they do have in jeans and jackets are dinky compared to those in men's clothes.
They claim that woman don't want to look lumpy because their pockets are full of stuff. Okay, let me decide whether or not to put enough stuff in my pockets to make me lumpy.

But, thank you for reminding me that I probably want a pair of men's jeans. Some of the men's ones come in stretchy now.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #4504
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
They claim that woman don't want to look lumpy because their pockets are full of stuff. Okay, let me decide whether or not to put enough stuff in my pockets to make me lumpy.

But, thank you for reminding me that I probably want a pair of men's jeans. Some of the men's ones come in stretchy now.
I already look lumpy.

I wore men's dress pants and jeans for years. Great pockets, and the hips and seat fit me better. They also came in longer lengths, which women's did not at the time.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #4505
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,899
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I already look lumpy.

I wore men's dress pants and jeans for years. Great pockets, and the hips and seat fit me better. They also came in lengths, which women's did not at the time.
On me, the waist in men's jeans is always way too big, if I can fit my hips into them. But, after a few washings and dryings (preferably in the dryer) and stretchings by wearing, they fit fine.

I have big hip bones, really. I had 37" hips when I was underweight and I'm only 5'4".
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #4506
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,199
Yeah, Tax, I'm a pear too!
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #4507
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 37,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Twice in 6 months the jumper cables are in the wrong car....

Upside, both cars have new batteries, so we won't have to deal with this again for a while.
Buy a second set of jumper cables, splurge and get a really nice set! I have never had to jump my own car, but everyone at work knows I have them and we've jumped numerous cars over the years to their owners relief!
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #4508
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 37,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I agree, pockets are a necessity! I've never understood why manufacturers short women's wear on pockets. And then the pockets they do have in jeans and jackets are dinky compared to those in men's clothes.
No kidding, I found a scrub top that was really cute...no pockets...what the????? I don't know any nurse who doesn't need pockets.
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #4509
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 20,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
No kidding, I found a scrub top that was really cute...no pockets...what the????? I don't know any nurse who doesn't need pockets.
Remember the nice white uniforms nurses had to wear? They always had deep side pockets so you could carry your scissors around with you. And they weren't a short pair either.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #4510
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 37,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Remember the nice white uniforms nurses had to wear? They always had deep side pockets so you could carry your scissors around with you. And they weren't a short pair either.
No, I don't remember them, I have never worn a white nursing dress or skirt. I have worn white tops and pants. I won't buy anything for work that does not have deep pockets. Where else am I supposed to carry my screwdriver, scissors, etc, etc.
__________________

__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.