Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Time to go old-school with the ice trays, Dawg. IF you can find room in the freezer, that is! I'd be doomed right now if I had to make room. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Grrrr. My in-fridge icemaker is not working. I've done the usual stuff, pulling it out, jamming it back in, jostling, poking, pleading and begging. I've flipped the on/off switch and let it sit for awhile.

Next I may have to do some electrical work, it's been awhile. I am not happy with my lukewarm, iceless screwdriver.

That's no bueno, for sure! :ohmy: Hope you can get it fixed soon.

Thanks CG and Cheryl. I realize this, and I have no room in my freezer for anything.

Right now I'm having a glass of wine. I miss my screwdriver! With ice!

I will take that scoundrel apart, and find out why it's messing up! It will not beat me!

Grrrr. My in-fridge icemaker is not working. I've done the usual stuff, pulling it out, jamming it back in, jostling, poking, pleading and begging. I've flipped the on/off switch and let it sit for awhile.

Next I may have to do some electrical work, it's been awhile. I am not happy with my lukewarm, iceless screwdriver.

Lets hope it's a simple remedy.Let Youtube be your guide:LOL:

We just replaced ours glad to finally get that done.Just in time.Expected high today is 105.Low to medium 90's for the rest of the week.

Lets hope the repairman that I got up early for will have some good news about my dishwasher.If not maybe I'll call Whirlpool and ask them if replacing it would be cheaper than to have the repairman they chose to come out again next time something goes on it.They are really expensive.

The ice maker in our old fridge failed twice so I too it out and used ice cube trays. Worked for us. Have since bought a new fridge and the ice maker works great so far.

Last edited:
Petty Vent? I am not sure. Upset? You bet!

My granddaughter is a teller at a bank up on A1. Probably one of the busiest stretches of road in the state. No matter what you need, you will find it on that stretch of road.

Unfortunately they also have plenty of banks. And my granddaughter was the chosen teller to hold up today. Someone had to drive her home. She was shaking too bad to drive and couldn't stop crying. Understandably. :angel:

My granddaughter is a teller at a bank up on A1. Probably one of the busiest stretches of road in the state. No matter what you need, you will find it on that stretch of road.

Unfortunately they also have plenty of banks. And my granddaughter was the chosen teller to hold up today. Someone had to drive her home. She was shaking too bad to drive and couldn't stop crying. Understandably. :angel:

Not a petty Vent Addie.
I'm glad she wasn't hurt.She has a lot to be thankful for.Remind her of that.
Without going into details about what could have happened.

We have never installed the ice makers that come with our refrigerators. We don't use many ice cubes so trays work fine for us.

Kenny, DH and I comment on the .9 on the gas prices all the time. He goes to the same gas station all the time no matter the price. He knows the guy. One time he asked how much he was going to pay if he bought 1 gallon. He was told $3.50 (or whatever the going price was at the time.) DH said, "But the sign says $3.49.9. That went right over the guy's head.

Anytime we sell something, DH has me price it lower. Instead of selling something for $100, he tells me to price it $99, saying that it will look like a lot less to people. I tell him people are not that stupid, but he doesn't believe me. We are the stupid ones, cheating ourselves out of $1. Also, no matter what price you advertise, they will make a lower offer. So I always try to price things $5 more or so than what I really want. Do people realize that, too?

We just had that happen and the ice maker gears burned and melted! We had no idea that had happened. Had to get the entire unit replaced and it's working great.

However, here is a tip the technical support gave us. Do you use a filter on your fridge for the water and ice? If it is at 10% or lower, they suggest replacing it and within 24 hours the ice maker will start to work. Honestly, we did that last year and that was all it took. Worked like a charm!

Good luck!

Thanks, FF! Yes, I do have a filter, and the fridge lets me know when to replace it. I'm wondering if the new well we had to dig for the subdivision last year, with lots of iron in the water, may have jammed it up even more and confused the system. I have an extra filter, and will try that.

Right now I have an ice cube tray in place of the maker. I can live with that, but we have company coming tomorrow, so it might end up being the old-fashioned "buy a bag of ice and stick it in the cooler" method.

Last edited:
Ours tells us when to replace it as well, however, for some strange reason when the filter gets low, long before you need to replace it, it effects the ice maker. We had to buy bags of ice for a week before they were able to get here. The weather had been 90+ and we went through ice like crazy. Of course, it goes out during the hottest days....Murphy's Law, right?

DH is all set to sell the house and its acreage. Mowing the lawn is like mowing a lumpy sponge cake due to the mole tunnels. He's really PO'ed.

I've told him that I'm not ready to move into the old folks home yet, fer Pete's sake!

A good laugh, for a bad beginning!

She did manage to get the dye package in the bag. Now the police are patrolling past her home every ten minutes or so. :angel:

I just talked to my daughter. My GD was hysterical by the time she got to the bank. The police had the bank surrounded within two minutes. The stupid woman actually sat down in a chair to count the money and make sure there was the $20,000 she demanded. The dye package went off on her in the bank.

The police demanding that everyone get down on the floor when they entered the building, did nothing to calm my GD down. Her manager had to yell at the officer that my GD was the victim, not the perpetrator. The fact that she was behind the window and not in front should have told him something.

If it is possible, there is a funny side to this. When the woman handed her the note, my GD thought it was a joke and started to laugh. She turned to go show her manager and the woman yelled at her that she has a gun. GD still thought it was a joke and started to walk away. Her manager heard the woman and immediately came to my GD's rescue.

Today, GD is still very upset. But there is a good side. She is moving into her very first own apartment in the basement of her parents building. They totally renovated it for her. All new flooring, painted from top to bottom, etc. Today all her new furniture (a present from her parents.) is being delivered and she will be sleeping in her own new home. Right now they are waiting for the furniture truck. :angel:

I just talked to my daughter. My GD was hysterical by the time she got to the bank. The police had the bank surrounded within two minutes. The stupid woman actually sat down in a chair to count the money and make sure there was the $20,000 she demanded. The dye package went off on her in the bank.

The police demanding that everyone get down on the floor when they entered the building, did nothing to calm my GD down. Her manager had to yell at the officer that my GD was the victim, not the perpetrator. The fact that she was behind the window and not in front should have told him something.

If it is possible, there is a funny side to this. When the woman handed her the note, my GD thought it was a joke and started to laugh. She turned to go show her manager and the woman yelled at her that she has a gun. GD still thought it was a joke and started to walk away. Her manager heard the woman and immediately came to my GD's rescue.

Today, GD is still very upset. But there is a good side. She is moving into her very first own apartment in the basement of her parents building. They totally renovated it for her. All new flooring, painted from top to bottom, etc. Today all her new furniture (a present from her parents.) is being delivered and she will be sleeping in her own new home. Right now they are waiting for the furniture truck. :angel:

Addie, I'm glad your granddaughter is OK and that no one in the bank was seriously injured or killed....but your GD should have been trained to take every threat seriously and hit the panic button immediately. I don't think this was a 'funny side' to the story at all. It could have been deadly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom