Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, I'm glad your granddaughter is OK and that no one in the bank was seriously injured or killed....but your GD should have been trained to take every threat seriously and hit the panic button immediately. I don't think this was a 'funny side' to the story at all. It could have been deadly.

So the saying goes three strikes and your out.
1.Note...Laughs
2.Has a gun...giggles and walks away:ermm:
3.She just got lucky.Not laughing now.Is she.

Addie:
She could have been a little more professional in her job.The woman actually sat down to count the money after saying she had a weapon.Seriously?
Your GD not only put her life in jeopardy, but the customers lives as well.

Your comments about what the police did.Excuse me? They were walking into a dangerous situation, what did you really expect them to do? Say excuse me Ma'am.Get down please while we hug this situation out? What would you do?

Until you've been or are one or live with one.You have no idea.

In defense of my GD, she is a part timer and has been at this job only a couple of weeks. She actually thought her co-workers were playing a prank on her. She is scheduled for training for emergencies next week. She is presently receiving teller OJT as she works. When she completes all of her training classes she will be full time.

She just had a bank robber pointing a gun at her. And now a police officer is holding an assault weapon just inches from her head. The fact that these people are behind the counter and that they already had the woman in question in cuffs, should have told them something. Screaming in a person's face while holding a gun to their head, hardly creates an atmosphere of cooperation. Did they think the person behind the counter who was sobbing and hysterical was an accessory?

They had the gun and culprit in custody. It was time for them to calm down and remember there are victims to every crime. It wasn't my GD's fault that this woman decided to rob a bank. And the police were acting as if it was. It was akin to blaming the woman for being a rape victim. :angel:

In defense of my GD, she is a part timer and has been at this job only a couple of weeks. She actually thought her co-workers were playing a prank on her. She is scheduled for training for emergencies next week. She is presently receiving teller OJT as she works. When she completes all of her training classes she will be full time.

She just had a bank robber pointing a gun at her. And now a police officer is holding an assault weapon just inches from her head. The fact that these people are behind the counter and that they already had the woman in question in cuffs, should have told them something. Screaming in a person's face while holding a gun to their head, hardly creates an atmosphere of cooperation. Did they think the person behind the counter who was sobbing and hysterical was an accessory?

They had the gun and culprit in custody. It was time for them to calm down and remember there are victims to every crime. It wasn't my GD's fault that this woman decided to rob a bank. And the police were acting as if it was. It was akin to blaming the woman for being a rape victim. :angel:

I'm sorry this happened to your GD, but the police had the gun and the culprit THEY KNEW OF in custody. They had no way of knowing immediately whether anyone else in the bank was an accomplice who had gotten behind the counter by holding someone else at gunpoint. And criminals have been known to pretend to cry hysterically in an attempt to deflect suspicion. Just be grateful no one was hurt.

No wonder FoodieFanatic is confused about what is a Petty Vent and what is an important Vent! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Your defense is admiral Addie, but lacking.I'll buy in training aspect of it.
What I won't buy is she thought it a prank from her co workers.They were there to train her, not mess with her.If that's the actual case they need to be fired!That's not the time or the place to be messing around.

@what GG said yes it's been known to happen.Accomplices can and will get behind that counter,then chicken out, pretend to be a victim.That cop could have been shot.Do you have issues with cops?It's not the first time you've mentioned (pranks your son pulled on one) before.You thought that was funny to.

What happened to her was a terrible thing.To compare it with a rape victim.That's a backhanded slap in the face to those victims.

It wasn't her fault she was targeted..Hold up there Tonto.She's the one who thought it a laughing matter and walked away.It cold have been prevented.

So maybe what you said to FF,to "Get a thicker skin" you should be saying that to you GD.

Last edited:
I'm just going to add one more thing, trailing on GG and Munky's post, then I'm done with this.

Addie, my son-in-law has been a cop for 16 years and I can guarantee you their first priority is to protect the citizens by making sure the crime scene is cleared and the suspect(s) are apprehended. They were actually protecting your GD by not taking the time to coddle her.

If the police arrived at the bank within 2 minutes, was the robbery suspect still sitting there counting the money? Just curious....

I'm just going to add one more thing, trailing on GG and Munky's post, then I'm done with this.

Addie, my son-in-law has been a cop for 16 years and I can guarantee you their first priority is to protect the citizens by making sure the crime scene is cleared and the suspect(s) are apprehended. They were actually protecting your GD by not taking the time to coddle her.

If the police arrived at the bank within 2 minutes, was the robbery suspect still sitting there counting the money? Just curious....

Yes she was. With a stunned look on her face and covered in red ink. The dye package had explodes all over her. :angel:

Addie -
this may sound a bit off key, but put bluntly, your grand daughter needs to find another occupation.

"playing a prank" - seriously, as in next time likely dead seriously - and really dead by gun shot is actually quite serious, anyone who is working at a bank and thinks their co-worker is going to prank them with a robbery note in an open-for-business joint needs to seriously seriously rethink their opinions.

and if she absolutely insists that being a teller is her calling, she needs to find another bank who takes training a whole lot more than BANG you're dead seriously.

sorry - but as explained, the situation is absurd and your GD needs to exit as fast as possible.

oh, the explanation about the cops putting everyone on the floor under weapons - yeah - that's real and that's how it has to happen. which, if the dumbaxx bank had any kind of training, would have been explained to her long before she got behind a counter.

she needs a new bank; what can I say.

I'm sorry this happened to your GD, but the police had the gun and the culprit THEY KNEW OF in custody. They had no way of knowing immediately whether anyone else in the bank was an accomplice who had gotten behind the counter by holding someone else at gunpoint. And criminals have been known to pretend to cry hysterically in an attempt to deflect suspicion. Just be grateful no one was hurt.

No wonder FoodieFanatic is confused about what is a Petty Vent and what is an important Vent! :rolleyes:

Yes, it was a horrible event and happy your GD is ok. I've had a couple of friends who work at banks experience a holdup and it is a difficult thing to ever get over. Both were transferred to different branches after it happened so they wouldn't have to relive it everyday walking into work. Hope they do that for your GD.

In regard to my confusion as to where to post, there are way too many threads to have to search to find the right one. I think I find the right one only to find out I was wrong! I wouldn't mind being directed to the right one, I don't appreciate the "Oh, Lor...y!" remarks, like I'm some kind of nut that can't read. Please be kinder to us newbies, we are just trying to participate and contribute. Sarcasm isn't necessary, thank you.

Addie -
this may sound a bit off key, but put bluntly, your grand daughter needs to find another occupation.

"playing a prank" - seriously, as in next time likely dead seriously - and really dead by gun shot is actually quite serious, anyone who is working at a bank and thinks their co-worker is going to prank them with a robbery note in an open-for-business joint needs to seriously seriously rethink their opinions.

and if she absolutely insists that being a teller is her calling, she needs to find another bank who takes training a whole lot more than BANG you're dead seriously.

sorry - but as explained, the situation is absurd and your GD needs to exit as fast as possible.

oh, the explanation about the cops putting everyone on the floor under weapons - yeah - that's real and that's how it has to happen. which, if the dumbaxx bank had any kind of training, would have been explained to her long before she got behind a counter.

she needs a new bank; what can I say.

They have online banking.That's an option.If and I mean IF that's her calling.

Glad my money isn't at THAT bank.I'd be closing out all accounts in a heartbeat.If the Teller can't tell (no puns intended) a prank from reality I see some problems.Especially if the Teller says that person had a "gun" to saying having an "Automatic Weapon" The police don't show up at a situation like that carrying a Red Ryder B-B-Gun! They bring the bad boys in.

No worries, FF. We were all once newbies. I've been enjoying your contributions!

Regarding my previous petty vent, apparently my ice maker goes on vacation during Labor Day week. I'd pulled the unit and put in a couple of ice cube trays, and it decided to start working again this morning. I wondered why the plastic recycling bin was in front of the fridge. DH said it had been shooting ice cubes on the floor. Of course, he didn't think to put the original ice bin back in...

Good example of a dumb criminal. Now, why didn't she run with the loot to the waiting getaway car instead of wasting time counting the money? :LOL:

You answered that question yourself. The percentage of bank robberies on that highway is high. Only because you can head out onto the highway really quick and make a fast getaway.

My question would be, "Why did she want $20,000 specifically?" She even sat down to count it to make sure she got what she specified. :angel:

My Petty Vent

Okay, so for the past couple of years, DH and I have been visiting with Dear Niece-In-Law, she's such a doll!
Anywhos, she has a Keurig Coffee Maker and got my husband HOOKED on that style of coffee. So much so, that he asked Santa for one last year. (and yes, I realize the eco-pact of those stupid K-Cups, so much so that I use the re-fillable K-Cup, DH doesn't care for it).

So here's my vent:

I shopped around for sometime, looking for the prefect/best priced K-Cups that I could find. What I found is at Costco, Pacific Bold for approximately $0.03USD per cup. I've been buying this brand for about a year now.

The vent?
This most recent box of 100 count are EXPLODING in the machine!
As it shoots that super-heated water through the K-Cup, the foil top is blowing it's seam and making quite the mess.
Now mind you, it's not EVERY pod, but most.
We're just about done with this box, so I'm hoping that this was simply a fluke in the manufactoring, `cuz I've got three other boxes in my pantry that I hope I don't have to return, I don't thave the receipt from them!!!

Okay, I'll drop the mic now :LOL:

Last edited:
That's an unbelievable price for K-Cups. We buy Starbucks House Blend at Costco for about $0.54 per.

You don't need a receipt for a return at Costco. They'll have it on their computer.

Great, right Andy M?
Sometimes, alot of times, there's a "Instant Savings" which will bring them down a touch, $3 off or so per box. You certainly need room to stow these large containers though.
I was paying over sixty cents per K-Cup at Walmart and then we went to a dinner party last winter and the hostess set out her Keurig machine with a variety of flavors. The host asked DH if he liked really dark roast coffee, "SURE!"
He plunks a Kirkland Brand Pacific Bold in and DH was in love!

Good to know that I don't need a receipt Andy, Mahalo, thanks for that!
We'll see what happens with the next 100 count box... OY!

I realize many people love the K-Cup but what is the fascination? You can make small amounts of coffee in any coffee maker and they taste like coffee. I've tried the K-cups and they taste like dirty water, no real deep, intense coffee flavor. I'll stick with my coffee make. I like coffee to taste strong and robust. JMO

K-Cup Vent

FF, I myself an not a coffee devotee but DH is and he feels that the bolder the better and the hotter the water the better the coffee, in HIS opinion.

The thing about coffee is that the water needs to be FORCED through the grounds to make that 'perfect cup'. Such as with a French Press, same idea.
If your cup is like dirty water, you may want to look for a better brand of beans.
JMO

kgirl, I was wondering if you meant to say 30 cents per cup instead of 3 cents. Glad you clarified that, I was wondering where in the world you'd get such a great deal! :LOL: :)

FF, I really enjoy my Keurig and dark roast kcups, they don't taste like 'dirty water' to me at all. Guess it's just a matter of opinion. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom