Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FF, I myself an not a coffee devotee but DH is and he feels that the bolder the better and the hotter the water the better the coffee, in HIS opinion.

The thing about coffee is that the water needs to be FORCED through the grounds to make that 'perfect cup'. Such as with a French Press, same idea.
If your cup is like dirty water, you may want to look for a better brand of beans.
JMO

The K Cups are what I was referring to . No matter which one I've tried far too weak. It was created out here but PNW coffee lovers don't use them. We have 7 Starbucks within two miles, Dutch Bros., the Peets coffee places and numerous independent places. We grind our beans before brewing, dark roast usually Italian. I love the coffee we make. The joke locally is as soon as you finish one cup stop at the next corner and buy another!

Okay, so for the past couple of years, DH and I have been visiting with Dear Niece-In-Law, she's such a doll!
Anywhos, she has a Keurig Coffee Maker and got my husband HOOKED on that style of coffee. So much so, that he asked Santa for one last year. (and yes, I realize the eco-pact of those stupid K-Cups, so much so that I use the re-fillable K-Cup, DH doesn't care for it).

So here's my vent:

I shopped around for sometime, looking for the prefect/best priced K-Cups that I could find. What I found is at Costco, Pacific Bold for approximately $0.03USD per cup. I've been buying this brand for about a year now.

The vent?
This most recent box of 100 count are EXPLODING in the machine!
As it shoots that super-heated water through the K-Cup, the foil top is blowing it's seam and making quite the mess.
Now mind you, it's not EVERY pod, but most.
We're just about done with this box, so I'm hoping that this was simply a fluke in the manufactoring, `cuz I've got three other boxes in my pantry that I hope I don't have to return, I don't thave the receipt from them!!!

Okay, I'll drop the mic now :LOL:

If the tops are rounded and firm, push them onto the bottom pin until the bottom spike goes through, that will relieve the pressure. I got that tidbit from a Keurig rep when I had the same problem.

Petty Vent:

Got a text that DH's med refills were ready for pick up.

Now I may have made mention in the past that we live out in the sticks, ie-the drug store is 15 miles away, so I combined my trip to Walmart.

I go to the drug store first, as I'm going to buy ice cream at Wal-mart.
I give the nice young lady behind the counter my information and my credit card.
She hands me the injectables with no sharps :huh:
She says to me that it's now the stores policy that they must have a separate prescription for needles and syringes :ermm: umm, sooooo how are we to administer the drug then?

So now I'm going to have to wait another week for the doctor's office to fax over a prescription for the needles and drive another 15 miles to pick them up.
Don't you think that the personnel who asked the doctor's office in the first place to refill this `script would have SAID that they needed two different `scripts in the first place ? I mean, I know they're young and inexperienced in life but really, really? :wacko:

Hunted Again.

I thought sucker season was over already.It's been really quiet and peaceful around here for the last month.Until last night.

Here we go again.Neighbors long txt, about the neighborhood gossip that I could really care less about.She goes on with an attempt (gearing herself up) again to ask me to Mom sit probably.Or if I REALLY needed anything from them to txt back.That's not going to happen.

I didn't appreciate her snide comments about my garbage cans left on the street.Which was a total lie.The garbage man had refused to pick up my can.
They were brought back into the driveway.

She also commented on not being able to talk to as she put it (can't remember his name) when I saw him come home from work yesterday.

He's hiding out to.:ROFLMAO:
Today I'll have to sneak out of the house again.:rolleyes:
I just want to move.TODAY!!!

Wanna change neighbors, Munky? Won't be any better, but it will be different.

Our Monday viewing of the season premier of "Castle" was interspersed with checking outside our front door. Himself took a quick glance out the door's sidelight when he kept hearing car doors closing and an engine running. Says to me "that's a funny place to put your car". I checked, and then said "not when your car is black-and-white". :ermm: :wacko: We checked every commercial break to see what was happening, and except for a growing number of police cars and SUVs (maximum number at one time was 5), "Castle" was still looking like it was the more exciting option. Until the end of the outside drama: a male unrecognized by us was led to a cruiser in handcuffs and put into a car. I told Himself that was a good thing, since I actually was afraid that crime scene tape would be around the house right after a bus took a body to the morgue. :ohmy: I swear one of our neighbor's is going to kill the other before we move. I'm cheering for the husband to come out the survivor. :ohmy: :LOL:

Well, I'm annoyed. I made a nice crockpot lasagna with some frozen and then defrosted Jimmy Dean Extra Hot Sausage, which I browned. Problem is, the sausage is freezer-burned. Cooked the lasagna most of the day on low, the noodles are perfect, the cheeses are just right, but the sausage just tastes nasty to me. Thankfully DH thinks it's great. I can't eat it.

Last edited:
Well, I'm annoyed. I made a nice crockpot lasagna with some frozen and then defrosted Jimmy Dean Extra Hot Sausage, which I browned. Problem is, it's freezer-burned. Cooked the lasagna most of the day on low, the noodles are perfect, the cheeses are just right, but the sausage just tastes nasty to me. Thankfully DH thinks it's great. I can't eat it.

Ok, so just to get that nasty flavor out of your mouth, gently fry up a perfect pork chop, with sweet spuds dressed with butter, and a side of your favorite green veggie. Season the pork chop with salt, pepper, and sage, and maybe top with a little apple sauce. There your go. Problem solved. Yoru hubby already likes the lasagna. Let him enjoy it. No reason you should suffer.:D

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Ok, so just to get that nasty flavor out of your mouth, gently fry up a perfect pork chop, with sweet spuds dressed with butter, and a side of your favorite green veggie. Season the pork chop with salt, pepper, and sage, and maybe top with a little apple sauce. There your go. Problem solved. Yoru hubby already likes the lasagna. Let him enjoy it. No reason you should suffer.:D

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Sounds like a plan, Chief!

I should Have Sent It Back!

If I had known it would take Eureka to send the repairman the part needed I wouldn't have bothered to call them to begin with.Send that defect back.Refund my money.Pick another.

I just called the repairman to see if my vacuum was ready.I was rudely told that it will be fixed and ready when Eureka gets around to sending them the part.It's almost been a month.The guy sounded irritated that I had asked if it was ready to be picked up.

All I want is a clean house.Is that asking just a little too much?

Munky ain't happy.It's like when Mamma isn't happy, nobody's going to be happy! We all know that's a fact Jack!:glare:

Last edited:
Have you noticed that customer services have gone down? Way down? It is disgusting what is going on. Used to be be you walk in a store a sales person runs to you. Nowadays you walk in a store, two of them are running away from, so they would not be bothered answering questions or even worse have to help you. Where is this country going?

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Have you noticed that customer services have gone down? Way down? It is disgusting what is going on. Used to be be you walk in a store a sales person runs to you. Nowadays you walk in a store, two of them are running away from, so they would not be bothered answering questions or even worse have to help you. Where is this country going?

It's bad at home improvement stores too. One lone employee pages someone to come to aisle 14 to assist me. 10 minutes later, noone showed. I just moved on.

I agree Charlie!

I try to do as much of my banking as possible at an ATM rather than deal with a human inside the bank. I also find myself doing more and more research on the computer before I go shopping instead of just walking into a store and asking for help. My assumption is that this is a calculated shift in the way we do business being developed by some highly paid corner office guys way up in the clouds of some gigantic office buildings in a land far far away! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

While I'm on a rant I also get upset when a cashier just plops my change in my hand instead of counting it back to me properly. I was always taught to state the price of the item and then count back the change to total the amount of the bill that was offered for payment. I suppose the cashiers are no worse than those automated checkout machines that just spit your change back at you and order you to "PLEASE REMOVE YOUR CHANGE FROM THE SLOT BELOW"!!! :mad:

It won't be long before cash is a thing of the past, we will do all of our business on a mobile device and every new home will be equipped with a landing zone for drones to deliver our purchases. I can't wait for that day to come, we will all need to wear helmets when we leave the house! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
personally i think it is the move away from decency as a whole. not just service, everything. modesty, honesty, you name it.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Back
Top Bottom