"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-21-2015, 05:40 PM   #4561
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Strangest thing. DH told me, "You've got to see this," the other day. "This" was a 3 foot pile of gravel blocking off a part of our cul de sac driveway from the garage. We thought one of our nice neighbors just cleaned out his grate and was helping to fill a rut in our gravel driveway. But I'd just talked with him, and he never mentioned doing something like that. We ran into the nice neighbor when we were coming back from our walk today. He said he did NOT put the gravel in our driveway. It was the evil neighbor. NN told EN that we wouldn't be able to back our cars out, and to not dump the gravel there. EN said, "Well, the gravel has to go somewhere."

What a jerk! My first thought was to wheelbarrow it all back and dump it in EN's driveway. DH has plans for the gravel though, we'll smooth it out and fill a few ruts. Guess it beats paying for a load of gravel.
What a jerk, " EN said, "Well, the gravel has to go somewhere." yeah, somewhere on his property or at the dump.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:05 PM   #4562
Master Chef

I'm always buying gravel. I could use some of that.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:07 PM   #4563
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

Isn't that something,Taxy? Same guy who's taken out our tree branches and mailbox on a few occasions and won't admit responsibility, even though we've seen him do it.

We're making lemonade from lemons, or rut fillers from free gravel.

Yeah, Roadfix, we figure it's a bonus. Just wish he would have asked before he blocked our driveway with it!
Old 07-21-2015, 06:40 PM   #4564
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Just think how differently you would have felt if he had asked. What a doofus for not asking.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:44 PM   #4565
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

Just glad we saw the gravel mound before we backed over it to get out of our driveway!

The guy is certifiable. Not sure where the gravel originally came from, but it's not ours. Nice neighbor did say evil neighbor was very angry while he was dumping it on our property. Then again, he's usually angry.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:53 PM   #4566
Master Chef

Wow, Dawg....unbelievable that a neighbor would behave that way. He must be a really miserable person to try to make everyone around him as miserable as he is.

Maybe you should send him a thank you note for the gravel....that ought to make his day!
Old 07-21-2015, 08:04 PM   #4567
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

Cheryl! Ruts are filled, another nice neighbor on the other side got a big kick out of the story, he's also watched the drama and has been a recipient of the guy's wrath.

The evil neighbor is out of his element. His parents bought him the house. He couldn't afford it otherwise. He sided 3 sides of his house, can't afford the back. Didn't pay the sider guys so they stopped. We do love their kids though, have no idea where they got their sweetness.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:46 PM   #4568
Master Chef

He's married with children?! I pictured this guy as a crotchety and bitter old man. My brother has a C&BOM for a neighbor.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:05 PM   #4569
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

What I found funny, from what the other nice neighbor told us, was the guy making his 13 year old son, and his wife shovel the gravel onto our driveway! He was just pointing and dictating. The dude is at least 400 pounds, probably could have used the exercise.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:57 PM   #4570
Master Chef

As many of you know, I'm part Native American, though I don't look it. I once had a neighbor who was full blood, and with an angry attitude, or at least a superior attitude. He used to shovel the snow from his driveway onto mine. I'm a peaceful guy, but eventually got tire of it. I asked his to stop. He said, why? He said that I never shoveled my driveway anyhow.

I did shovel my driveway, but as I worked for a living, I couldn't shovel it until I got home from work.

This guy had no problem with his kids playing in our yard, but not the other way around. His bad attitude rubbed off on his youngest boy, who was very cute, playful, and lovable, as a toddler. As a young teen, he and two others of the same age group beat a man to death with a ball bat because he wouldn't give them the passcode to his debit card. All three were tried as adults and given life sentences.

I hope those kids of you angry neighbor grow up better than my EN's kids did. He taught his children to disrespect everyone by his own example.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote