"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-21-2015, 10:18 PM   #4571
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

Sad story. I've worked in the schools for 35+ years, and have seen what you've seen, Chief. The neighbor kids have always been welcome here. They also love Beagle, and she loves them. The family has had two dogs, and the dad has gotten rid of both of them, to the distress of the kids. I just don't get these people.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:23 AM   #4572
Master Chef

Dawg, your stories keep making my EN look sweeter and sweeter! Actually, since her boy went into the military, she' been rather...human! Needless to say, I pray for the safety of her son every night. And he needs it. Last I heard he was probably shipping out to the Middle East. He's an Army Ranger. Tough on his Mom, but at least this all has scared her nice.

I hope Karma finds your EN real soon. Whenever he gets on your nerves, just channel this thought in his direction:

Old 07-22-2015, 10:12 AM   #4573
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

A very useful phrase, CG, thanks!
Old 07-22-2015, 03:32 PM   #4574
Master Chef

Hey, let me tell you about neighbors. We have this Pakistani family, a religious one at that. The wife wears full garb, well all 3 times that I have seen her in the last 6-7 years that they been living next to us. My old neighbors, an Indian couple, the nicest people there is, and us bought a swing set together and put it right in the middle of our two yards, when they sold the house the new Pakistani neighbors were told that play set is mine. However his kids, and he has few, would not only occupy the whole set, they would kick my kids out telling them that it is their set, "our father told us it is ours” they would tell my kids. Then they started telling my kids “you Jews have everything wrong” and so on and so forth.
For the last year he send them back to Pakistan for school, so in summer they came back even nastier. I finally told him that my kids do not use the swing and he can buy it if he wants or I will sell to somebody else.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:49 PM   #4575
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
That's a shame Charlie. I would love to see their faces when you sell that swing set.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:24 PM   #4576
Master Chef

well, i did sold to them. He ran with money as soon as I posted for sale sign. So, no funny faces. But that's just shows want kind of people they are.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:31 PM   #4577
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
well, i did sold to them. He ran with money as soon as I posted for sale sign. So, no funny faces. But that's just shows want kind of people they are.
shakes head
Old 07-31-2015, 05:52 PM   #4578
Head Chef

Inaccurate photo of shoes you buy

Grrrr. You see a pair of shoes or sneakers you like for sale at places like Amazon. You order them, receive them, then open the box and the shoes look a completely different color than the ones that were depicted when you ordered them. On top of that, I have to pay the shipping to send them back.

These are the shoes as depicted in the ad when I ordered them (overexposed picture).

These are what I received.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:58 PM   #4579
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

I ordered a pair of sandals from Zappos once. I got a pair of men's size 12 beige boat shoes instead in the sandals box. Thankfully Zappos paid for me to send them back.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:31 PM   #4580
Master Chef

I've returned items back to Amazon that weren't up to my satisfaction. I never had to pay return shipment. In fact, they email you a return authorization form and a carrier will pick up your return package.
This is one thing I like about Amazon. For an online merchant Amazon may not have the best prices but their return policy is pretty much hassle free so I use them for most of my online purchases.