"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-31-2015, 10:50 PM   #4581
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
I've returned items back to Amazon that weren't up to my satisfaction. I never had to pay return shipment. In fact, they email you a return authorization form and a carrier will pick up your return package.
This is one thing I like about Amazon. For an online merchant Amazon may not have the best prices but their return policy is pretty much hassle free so I use them for most of my online purchases.
I ordered them from Amazon's site! Then printed out the return shipping label and at the top right of that printed return label it says, "Attach postage" !!! I didn't realize I was buying from a shoe store called MSS Shoes thru Amazon. MSS Shoes is some snooty small fashion online site. I need to more carefully read the return policy on some Amazon items.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:32 AM   #4582
Master Chef

Unfortunately pictures on line do not always show exact color. Personally, I hate buying on line.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Old 08-02-2015, 02:43 PM   #4583
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Unfortunately pictures on line do not always show exact color. Personally, I hate buying on line.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking
There is a song by Gilbert and Sullivan from H.M.S. Pinafore called: Things Are Seldom What They Seem. I think of that song every time I order anything on line.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:11 PM   #4584
Honey Badger

Who Said No Good Deed Goes Unpunished?

The neighbors are still at it.They do have some will power in them.It's just a shame they can't use it to help themselves.

It's been more requests.I've graduated up to being asked to do yard work now.They've also upped the anty to actually paying me to $30, but didn't say if it's per hr or not.

When I said no.I got a quick txt back "Thank you!"
An hour later she responded again to my reasons why I can't with a load of...
We can't do this, that or the other because..Completely disregarding me.Can your sons do it instead? NO they can't!

I've never read so many lies, or manipulations in a txt before.
I'm still sneaking out of the house.Keeping a low profile and not answering the phone or txts from them.This is fun!
Old 08-02-2015, 04:08 PM   #4585
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
The neighbors are still at it.They do have some will power in them.It's just a shame they can't use it to help themselves.

It's been more requests.I've graduated up to being asked to do yard work now.They've also upped the anty to actually paying me to $30, but didn't say if it's per hr or not.

When I said no.I got a quick txt back "Thank you!"
An hour later she responded again to my reasons why I can't with a load of...
We can't do this, that or the other because..Completely disregarding me.Can your sons do it instead? NO they can't!

I've never read so many lies, or manipulations in a txt before.
I'm still sneaking out of the house.Keeping a low profile and not answering the phone or txts from them.This is fun!
Absolutely! Make a game out of it all and protect your sanity at the same time.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:52 AM   #4586
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
I've returned items back to Amazon that weren't up to my satisfaction. I never had to pay return shipment. In fact, they email you a return authorization form and a carrier will pick up your return package.
This is one thing I like about Amazon. For an online merchant Amazon may not have the best prices but their return policy is pretty much hassle free so I use them for most of my online purchases.

Check the credit you receive from them. I'm not sure if it's Amazon or someone else, but even though they give you the label to use that does not require you to pay at the time of pickup, they deduct the amount from the credit they issue to you.

I no longer order anything online if there's a chance I will want to return it, unless it's something I can return to a local brick and mortar store.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:02 PM   #4587
Certified Pretend Chef

I think for Amazon, the difference is whether Amazon is fulfilling the order or if they are acting as an agent for another retailer.

When Amazon is acting as an agent, the cost of the item does not count towards the $35 minimum for free shipping and there are different return policies.

You have to be on your toes with them, it can be confusing.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #4588
Master Chef

I usually make sure the items are Amazon stocked warehouse items and not third party. If they are third party, Ebay is usually cheaper for that same free shipping item (and often from same vendor on Amazon) and on top of that, no sales tax added in most cases.

And I think with Amazon returns if you are returning simply because you changed your mind they probably will charge you return shipping. I always check defective or deceptive description when returning something as they are always the case when I decide to return something.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:43 PM   #4589
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

It becomes a bit easier with Prime. Things marked with Prime include free return shipping. Even without prime, Amazon is likely to give a courtesy credit if you receive something unsatisfactory even if they aren't the seller, it would be worth a try.

I really enjoy Zappo's for shoe shopping (now owned by Amazon). It's much easier to shop, having to sift through multiple listings to find the combination of color, size, width etc.. is a pain on Amazon, but very straight forward on Zappo's. Zappo's includes free return shipping on everything, no membership required.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:49 PM   #4590
Sous Chef

If my neighbor's puppy keeps escaping, I'm going to start charging a return fee!