"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #451
Cook

Lol Addie,

Sometimes I think with some people it does take awhile for things to register. I have a friend whom seems to do the same thing. She would slice onions and always keep cutting herself, I was scared one day she would lose a finger. I eventually got her to bang a nail into a small board and said " Pop the onion onto this and slice away"..It seems to have worked because she hasn't cut herself since.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #452
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasroc View Post
Lol Addie,

Sometimes I think with some people it does take awhile for things to register. I have a friend whom seems to do the same thing. She would slice onions and always keep cutting herself, I was scared one day she would lose a finger. I eventually got her to bang a nail into a small board and said " Pop the onion onto this and slice away"..It seems to have worked because she hasn't cut herself since.
Great idea. That should be added to the 'Tips' thread.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #453
Cook

Thanks Addie,now where is the tips thread? I lose myself in this place
Old 11-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #454
Chef Extraordinaire

I had a scare early this evening. I woke up and the TV was on along with four lamps. The room was well lighted. I went to sit down at the 'puter and all of a sudden my eye started to tear up really bad and was hurting. I put a patch over it, but the pain continued. So I put the pain drops in along with the other two. and I took two vicodin. I shut off all the lights and TV and laid down for about twenty minutes. When I got up the room was still completely dark. I turned on the lamps one at a time with a few minutes between. Then I turned on the TV. That was the brightest. No pain. But the real test was to come. The screen of the 'puter was the brightest of anything else. Was I going to be able to sit there and read? Voila! No pain. No tears flowing.

What had happened was when I woke up within about five minutes I went to the 'puter and sat down at the brightest light in the room. I didn't give my eye time to adjust to the light in the room never mind the 'puter. If I was still in pain, I would have headed right for the ER. It was like coming out of the movies during a bright hot sunny day. I won't make that mistake again.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #455
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I have no idea. I have been here for a year and I still get lost. Hopefully an admin will come on line and let us know.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #456
Cook

Oh good,I do feel better now knowing I'm not the only one whom gets lost on here

Im sure if I sit on here long enough I should find it sometime soon,one day maybe
Old 11-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #457
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Oh good,I do feel better now knowing I'm not the only one whom gets lost on here

Im sure if I sit on here long enough I should find it sometime soon,one day maybe
I suppose you could file it under Veggies/Onions.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #458
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
She was trying to open a frozen hot dog bun. Her hand slipped down the length of a long blade. When the doctor was stitching her up, she wanted to know when he started. I turned her head away and he went to work. When he was done, I told her, "All right, get ready. He is going to start now." She started screaming. A week after she got the stitches removed, she did it again trying to open a frozen hot dog bun. If she wasn't bleeding so bad, I would have killed her.
Yes, that does sound nasty....you have to be ever so careful with knives
Old 11-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #459
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasroc
You can always do a search. That is what I do when I can't find something.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #460
Executive Chef

Wow Addie. TMI comes to mind when I read your post on the last page. I can't believe your grandson didn't problem solve on his own, I can't believe your daughter called you and informed you about it, and I can't believe you posted it here. Good thing no one knows the guy.