Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Robert Barnett said:
My doctor and I have tried 20 different drugs and they have all have had bad side effects. So for now I am dealing with it on my own.

Robert

I work with special needs kids, many with the same diagnoses, along with ADHD. The meds change daily. My cousin is on Risperdol, along with other stuff, with the major side effect being weight gain for him. What kind of side effects do you have? Am wondering if there is something new for you? You might want to check with another doc.

Gack! I feel really bad for you.

Beware of FedEx SmartPost service.
Unfortunately many online vendors do not tell you they will be using Smartpost. Following is the routing info for a purchase I made from WeberStephens. Weber said they will re-ship using a different shipping service. FedEx has not provided a meaningful explanation in response to our telephone inquiries.

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location

Date/Time Activity Location
Jun 29, 2011 5:22 AM Departed FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST EDISON, NJ
Jun 29, 2011 12:25 AM Arrived at FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST EDISON, NJ
Jun 25, 2011 7:46 AM Departed FedEx location HOLBROOK, NY
Jun 25, 2011 7:44 AM Arrived at FedEx location HOLBROOK, NY
Jun 25, 2011 4:45 AM Departed FedEx location KEASBEY, NJ
Jun 24, 2011 10:09 PM Arrived at FedEx location KEASBEY, NJ
Jun 24, 2011 7:57 PM Departed FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST EDISON, NJ
Jun 24, 2011 2:58 PM Arrived at FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST EDISON, NJ
Jun 24, 2011 4:54 AM Departed FedEx location HOLBROOK, NY
Jun 24, 2011 4:35 AM Arrived at FedEx location HOLBROOK, NY
Jun 24, 2011 1:07 AM Departed FedEx location KEASBEY, NJ
Jun 23, 2011 9:12 PM Arrived at FedEx location KEASBEY, NJ
Jun 23, 2011 8:26 PM Departed FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST EDISON, NJ
Jun 23, 2011 5:54 PM Arrived at FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST EDISON, NJ
Jun 23, 2011 7:27 AM Departed FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST NEW BERLIN, WI
Jun 23, 2011 12:00 AM Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
Jun 22, 2011 2:10 AM Arrived at FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST NEW BERLIN, WI
Jun 21, 2011 1:45 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Last edited:
Unfortunately many online vendors do not tell you they will be using Smartpost. Following is the routing info for a purchase I made from WeberStephens. Weber said they will re-ship using a different shipping service. FedEx has not provided a meaningful explanation in response to our telephone inquiries.

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location

Date/Time Activity Location
Jun 29, 2011 5:22 AM Departed FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST EDISON, NJ
Jun 29, 2011 12:25 AM Arrived at FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST EDISON, NJ
Jun 25, 2011 7:46 AM Departed FedEx location HOLBROOK, NY
Jun 25, 2011 7:44 AM Arrived at FedEx location HOLBROOK, NY
Jun 25, 2011 4:45 AM Departed FedEx location KEASBEY, NJ
Jun 24, 2011 10:09 PM Arrived at FedEx location KEASBEY, NJ
Jun 24, 2011 7:57 PM Departed FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST EDISON, NJ
Jun 24, 2011 2:58 PM Arrived at FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST EDISON, NJ
Jun 24, 2011 4:54 AM Departed FedEx location HOLBROOK, NY
Jun 24, 2011 4:35 AM Arrived at FedEx location HOLBROOK, NY
Jun 24, 2011 1:07 AM Departed FedEx location KEASBEY, NJ
Jun 23, 2011 9:12 PM Arrived at FedEx location KEASBEY, NJ
Jun 23, 2011 8:26 PM Departed FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST EDISON, NJ
Jun 23, 2011 5:54 PM Arrived at FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST EDISON, NJ
Jun 23, 2011 7:27 AM Departed FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST NEW BERLIN, WI
Jun 23, 2011 12:00 AM Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
Jun 22, 2011 2:10 AM Arrived at FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST NEW BERLIN, WI
Jun 21, 2011 1:45 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx
Yikes! It's kind of like sitting at center court and watching a tennis game! It would be easier to understand if it at least kept moving toward the final destination, and not back and forth. Ridiculous!

Unfortunately many online vendors do not tell you they will be using Smartpost. Following is the routing info for a purchase I made from WeberStephens. Weber said they will re-ship using a different shipping service. FedEx has not provided a meaningful explanation in response to our telephone inquiries...

It must have been a spherical package because it keeps going around and around...

somebody at the post office apparently didn't get the memo USPS is now delivering Fedex packages . . .

somebody at the post office apparently didn't get the memo USPS is now delivering Fedex packages . . .

Following is an example of a "Successful" :rolleyes: FedEx delivery
I've sold my FedEx stock and bought more UPS.

May 12, 2011 5:57 AMDeparted FedEx locationHOLBROOK, NY
May 12, 2011 5:53 AMArrived at FedEx locationHOLBROOK, NY
May 12, 2011 12:42 AMDeparted FedEx locationKEASBEY, NJ
May 11, 2011 9:42 PMArrived at FedEx locationKEASBEY, NJ
May 11, 2011 7:59 PMDeparted FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST EDISON, NJ
May 11, 2011 12:35 AMArrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST EDISON, NJ
May 10, 2011 11:07 PMDeparted FedEx locationKEASBEY, NJ
May 10, 2011 9:59 PMArrived at FedEx locationKEASBEY, NJ
May 10, 2011 8:23 PMDeparted FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST EDISON, NJ
May 10, 2011 12:00 AMShipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
May 9, 2011 8:06 PMArrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST EDISON, NJ
May 7, 2011 4:17 AMDeparted FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST GROVE CITY, OH
May 6, 2011 8:46 PMArrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST GROVE CITY, OH
May 6, 2011 1:27 AMDeparted FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST SOUTHAVEN, MS
May 6, 2011 12:14 AMArrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST SOUTHAVEN, MS
May 5, 2011 8:04 PMShipment information sent to FedEx

Last edited:
well, here i am once again, all ready to go shopping. the mom of the little girl i am buying for called. they will be later, on way to costco. now we set the time yesterday for one p.m. i make it a point to be ready to go at the time stated. apparently no one thinks my time is valuable. this isn't the first time. gotta say it really ticks me off. will i say anything, probably not. she knows it is bad manners and doesn't seem to care. one day she put it off several times and then i just told her, to tired to go. she said "oh now i feel bad" evidently not bad enough as she repeats this behavior.

wow, now i feel better. young people sometimes think only of themselves.

I'm still steaming about my computer ink purchase. I checked for HP 60, and grabbed the two-pack, but when I got home, I found I had two color cartridges. Sneaky HP. Now I have to go back and purchase a black cartridge. (or two).

At least the printer runs with only one cartridge, but now my recipes are printed in green.

I adore my next door neighbour and her family. While we were away, we, as usual, let her use our parking spot right out front for any of her visitors. A nephew with a 5 ton parked in the spot but when he was leaving he accidentally backed into a tree across the street. This is the beautiful ball cedar that I always photograph each season to show the snow, sun, etc. and have put in threads here.

It was an accident, plain and simple. She went to the office and reported it saying she would pay any expenses. She feels terrible and I feel bad for her.

My vent is that I loved that bush and I cried when they chopped up today but I didn't want my neighbour to see because she feels bad enough. I am angry that the tree is gone, but am also concerned with her because other neighbours are not being so nice and I feel the need to defend her.

I know it is only a tree and I shouldn't get worked up about it.

I adore my next door neighbour and her family. While we were away, we, as usual, let her use our parking spot right out front for any of her visitors. A nephew with a 5 ton parked in the spot but when he was leaving he accidentally backed into a tree across the street. This is the beautiful ball cedar that I always photograph each season to show the snow, sun, etc. and have put in threads here.

It was an accident, plain and simple. She went to the office and reported it saying she would pay any expenses. She feels terrible and I feel bad for her.

My vent is that I loved that bush and I cried when they chopped up today but I didn't want my neighbour to see because she feels bad enough. I am angry that the tree is gone, but am also concerned with her because other neighbours are not being so nice and I feel the need to defend her.

I know it is only a tree and I shouldn't get worked up about it.
There is nothing wrong with crying over a tree (as long as it doesn't turn into an ongoing thing)! I feel bad for you, but you at least have pictures (I loved your tree too!). I feel bad for your neighbor, that the others are not being very nice about it. They need to remember that it was a tree, not a child or pet, and get over it. :flowers::flowers:

it got worse today, i had a plumber scheduled to unplug the kitchen sink. when i got up, had no power. i remembered the office said they would be working on it today. supposed to be back on at eleven, didn't come back on til 2 pm. i rescheduled the plumber till tomorrow.

it was very very hot in here with no a.c. my kitties really were suffering. me too. it is still 83 here at 6 pm. the air has had a hard time catching up.

at least my sewing went well once the power was back on. going out to water plants, then a shower. maybe that will cool me off.

i am hoping for a better day tomorrow. being hot makes me cranky.

it got worse today, i had a plumber scheduled to unplug the kitchen sink. when i got up, had no power. i remembered the office said they would be working on it today. supposed to be back on at eleven, didn't come back on til 2 pm. i rescheduled the plumber till tomorrow.

it was very very hot in here with no a.c. my kitties really were suffering. me too. it is still 83 here at 6 pm. the air has had a hard time catching up.

at least my sewing went well once the power was back on. going out to water plants, then a shower. maybe that will cool me off.

Do you want my "Hot Grandma" t-shirt???:)

I hope today is a much better day for you! I know what you mean about heat making you cranky. The heat and humidity here have me cranky too!

my vent is a plugged up kitchen sink. you can envision the mess and all that.

Sorry to hear about your sink drain. What a pain. Although it's not always possible to tell when a plug-up will strike, I try to notice if the drain starts acting sluggish. When it get too slow, I get some of that drain cleaner with the charming name of "foaming pipe snake" :ermm: and that has worked so far, fingers crossed.

I get so frustrated with our system sometimes. I bought an old truck off of a friend last week. Had some work done on it, got the safety check, and now it is in pretty good shape. Today I went into town to get the ownership changed over and the plates changed. Well, due to the fact that it is over 20 years old, I have to go and pay$35 for a separate appraisal so they can tax me on the value. Then, the old plates I had on a vehicle can't be transferred because they are not truck plates, so I need to cancel them, then wait for a refund in the mail for the remaining cost I paid for the sticker. Then I need to buy new stickers for the old truck. She offered me a temporary permit for 15 dollars. I said no thanks. The truck is still under my friends name and insurance so thankfully I can drive it anothe 35 miles to get an apprasal at a certified apraiser. You know, the one that is going to cost me 35 dollars so they can calculate how much tax I have to pay on a 20 year old vehicle.

Man! I hate the bs sometimes! OK, I hate the BS all of the time.

Last edited:
I don't like my new Whirpool clothes washer. It's load sensing gizmo takes too long to do its thing. By the time the wash cycle begins my old washer would have been done with its entire load, ready for the dryer. This sucks.

I don't like my new Whirpool clothes washer. It's load sensing gizmo takes too long to do its thing. By the time the wash cycle begins my old washer would have been done with its entire load, ready for the dryer. This sucks.

Of course. And you probably had to pay extra for a feature that does less. Like a dehumidifier I bought a while ago. Twice the price and features as the old one, but does half the job.

OK. I should step away from the computer for a while.:mad::mad::mad::LOL:

Of course. And you probably had to pay extra for a feature that does less. Like a dehumidifier I bought a while ago. Twice the price and features as the old one, but does half the job.

Actually no. I got it at Lowes and paid $339 on sale ($159 off) over the holiday weekend so I got a really good deal on a large capacity washer.
All these new energy saver appliances come with these stupid time-wasting, water-saving devices. I can't even set my own water level. I can't even open the lid in the middle of the wash.
Had I known this I would have looked for a washer with the traditional mechanical dial type switch on the console....if they still made one.

Back
Top Bottom