"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-13-2015, 01:23 PM   #4761
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Heh. Was making DH lunch, turned on TV, it was on ABC, and guess what's on!

Old 12-13-2015, 01:42 PM   #4762
Chef Extraordinaire

Supercalifragilisticespialidocious!

Old 12-13-2015, 01:48 PM   #4763
Certified Pretend Chef

I actually watched a bit of it last night. As a much younger guy I had a crush on Julie Andrews.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:51 PM   #4764
Master Chef

Crazy Drivers

Himself and I went for a test drive today. Not that we're buying a new car, but he wanted to make sure he could drive for long periods of time and not have his back hurt. That part of today was a success, and our planned trip to OH for Christmas with the Kids is a go.

No, what I'm complaining about is inattentive, impatient, reckless drivers. Please do NOT make that right turn in front of me from the lane to the left of me! Came real close to losing the front-left fender on that one. Also, put the danged phone down! You should not be looking at the phone screen, but you should be watching the backside of our car that you are gaining on. If you were paying attention, you would not have had to stand on your brake in lieu of hitting our rear bumper. And let's not talk about that year or two you took from my life span, either.

Most times when we drive through the busier parts of this state, a good deal of my time is spent watching my life pass before my eyes. Sadly, what I see most from the last 15 years is watching myself watch my life pass before my eyes. *sigh*
Old 12-16-2015, 12:28 AM   #4765
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
CG, I feel for you. I hate inattentive drivers.

I lost a very dear friend because of an inattentive driver.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:27 AM   #4766
Master Chef

Oh, don't even start me on the way people drive. Two days ago I am parked on the street. I get in the car put on my left signal and start pulling out. I am about half way out, but there is traffic so I'm waiting. I see red light com up and the last car is coming up. Guess what that b**** doing. She stops right next to me so I can't pull out even though there is at least two cars open space in front of her. So I hunk, do you think she moved ? No, sh just looked at me like she did not know what was going on. Good thing I don't have a bat in my car.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking
Old 12-16-2015, 07:28 AM   #4767
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
CG, I feel for you. I hate inattentive drivers.

I lost a very dear friend because of an inattentive driver.

That is absolutely horrible, I'm so soy to hear that.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking
Old 12-16-2015, 07:50 AM   #4768
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Carol, I don't know what kind of phone you have, but my Samsung Galaxy has an icon in the bar right above the keypad. It's a little arrow pointing to the right. When I type a name or word and then press it, it allows me to enter that word in my predictive text. I discovered that a couple of years ago when I was trying to abbreviate my grandson Tyler's name to Ty, and it kept trying to change it to "To".

I'm not real smart phone savvy, but I text a lot. Maybe your phone has something similar to instruct it to change Dean back to Sean.

Cheryl, I have a Samsung phone but it's a cheap model. I will have to look for that feature next time. I am so not tech savvy! LOL
Old 12-17-2015, 08:03 AM   #4769
Chef Extraordinaire

Okay, now I am starting to get upset. I still have this stinking cold and a sore throat has decided to join in the fun. I have an appointment with Winthrop today and that creates another problem.

My granddaughter is driving down from Aroostook County with her friend. They live way up by the Canadian border. The headed out the door at five last night. I don't know how long it will take them to get here. But it is supposed to be a surprised and I am not supposed to know about it. So I need to be here so they can surprise me.

I haven't asked Winthrop for any meds for the cold. Time to speak up.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:03 AM   #4770
Chef Extraordinaire

Dang! Today is football again. I am so sick of hearing about the Patriots. I know. I am an ungrateful citizen of Boston. But today I just don't care about football.

Here it is the 20th of the month. My package was supposed to arrive on the 18th. I sent an email to the vendor. They answered me with the explanation that FedEx is having problems in their Northeast facilities with deliveries. So now the date has been changed to the 23rd. I ordered this item on the 12th.

The next time I order on line, I will make sure they don't use FedEx for delivery service.

And I am still sick with this cold. And nothing that Winthrop has given me is helping. I am better off with OTC meds. They work on me. Winthrop sent me a nasal spray. I looked it up at several sites. They all said the same thing. Consult your doctor or pharmacist. All it would tell me about side effect is that it is highly addictive. Oh joy! I have a cold that it seems I have become addictive to. Now they want to add another problem to my life. Drug addiction!

I want to be standing right now in Africa right in the middle of a stampeding herd of Wilderbeasts. That sounds like more fun than the way I am feeling this morning.

Can you tell that I am not in a good mood today? Please pick a fight with me so I can let off some steam!