"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #4771
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Dang! Today is football again. I am so sick of hearing about the Patriots. I know. I am an ungrateful citizen of Boston. But today I just don't care about football.

Here it is the 20th of the month. My package was supposed to arrive on the 18th. I sent an email to the vendor. They answered me with the explanation that FedEx is having problems in their Northeast facilities with deliveries. So now the date has been changed to the 23rd. I ordered this item on the 12th.

The next time I order on line, I will make sure they don't use FedEx for delivery service.

And I am still sick with this cold. And nothing that Winthrop has given me is helping. I am better off with OTC meds. They work on me. Winthrop sent me a nasal spray. I looked it up at several sites. They all said the same thing. Consult your doctor or pharmacist. All it would tell me about side effect is that it is highly addictive. Oh joy! I have a cold that it seems I have become addictive to. Now they want to add another problem to my life. Drug addiction!

I want to be standing right now in Africa right in the middle of a stampeding herd of Wilderbeasts. That sounds like more fun than the way I am feeling this morning.

Can you tell that I am not in a good mood today? Please pick a fight with me so I can let off some steam!
Maybe a Snickers would help!

Old 12-20-2015, 11:58 AM   #4772
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Maybe a Snickers would help!

LOL! I get cranky when I'm hungry, too

Old 12-20-2015, 12:02 PM   #4773
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
LOL! I get cranky when I'm hungry, too
I never got cranky until I got old, now I'm cranky most of the time!
Old 12-20-2015, 12:09 PM   #4774
Chef Extraordinaire

I hate being cranky. It is so not me. I am usually always in a good mood. Even when I am sick. But this dang cold is beginning to wear thin with me.

So just stay away from me for today. I don't think even a Snickers would help. I am giving the word "bitch" a whole new meaning.
Old 12-20-2015, 01:03 PM   #4775
Chef Extraordinaire

I have shrunk several sizes since 2012. I would never ask s/one how he/she gained so much weight...I don't mind when people ask me how I shrunk 5 five sizes... What I do mind is when people call me skinny. I would never tell a person that he/she is fat. Why is it okay to call S/one skinny in that Tone?
Old 12-20-2015, 01:17 PM   #4776
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I have shrunk several sizes since 2012. I would never ask s/one how he/she gained so much weight...I don't mind when people ask me how I shrunk 5 five sizes... What I do mind is when people call me skinny. I would never tell a person that he/she is fat. Why is it okay to call S/one skinny in that Tone?
I get "you have lost so much weight. Are you sick with something?" And it is always someone who could stand to lose 20 or more pounds. I certainly don't comment on their size. I personally think it is jealousy that they haven't lost any weight.

It is called "eating sensibly.
Old 12-20-2015, 01:39 PM   #4777
Chef Extraordinaire

Stress and changing my eating habits. I didn't "need" to lose weight. Just glad a friend is a Tailor!
Old 12-20-2015, 01:43 PM   #4778
Chef Extraordinaire

I am on a "rant" today. Thursday someone wished me a "Happy Holiday."

"Which holiday?" asked. "Christmas, New Years, Quanza? Which one."

All I got in return was a stare. "Well I guess I mean Christmas."

"Then wish me a Merry Christmas. If I am not Christian, I will let you know. Stop worrying about being so PC. It is not becoming to anyone. Remember, it 'tis the reason for the season."

All I see on the TV is Happy Holiday. I want to see Merry Christmas.
Old 12-20-2015, 02:29 PM   #4779
Master Chef

Quote:

"Then wish me a Merry Christmas. If I am not Christian, I will let you know. Stop worrying about being so PC. It is not becoming to anyone. Remember, it 'tis the reason for the season."

I'm not surprised at the 'stare'. If someone cares enough to wish me a holiday greeting (no matter how it's worded), I respond in kind and with a smile. Happy holidays, Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad...etc....whatever, doesn't matter to me!
Old 12-20-2015, 02:49 PM   #4780
Master Chef

Quote:

I've been complaining about this for a few weeks now. I reiterate what another said, paraphrasing here, When I wish someone a Merry Christmas, I am wishing that Christmas day, even the Christmas season is a time when they will be merry and joyful, no matter what holiday suits their beliefs. If someone wishes me a Happy Hanukkah, I expect that they are wishing good will and joy. If someone gets upset because I wish them a Merry Christmas, then it's their problem. I'm simply hoping they have a great day.

I believe it's absurd that people can get angry about someone wishing them a good day, no matter the holiday.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote