"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-27-2015, 10:05 PM   #4811
Master Chef

I'm all silver now, but I started going silver (it's never been grey) in my 30's. It was silver and pepper in those days, and I was actually stopped by strangers asking where I got my hair colored so beautifully. It was kinda fun in those days with a 30yr old face and hair like mine. When I got to be in my 50's it wasn't so fun anymore and I thought being an ash blonde would be nice. I colored it myself for several years and although I liked it, I never got any more compliments about by beautiful hair. My late husband had always loved my silver and pepper hair and he wanted me to again have the hair he loved. Sadly he died when we were both 61 yrs old, and I've never colored it again. Once more, I get compliments on my sliver hair from strangers, and people I love.
I don't like talking about myself much, but there you have it.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:20 AM   #4812
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
Because of my heritage, I look WAY WAY WAY younger than I am (only Miss Clairol knows for sure ).
I don't have that much gray, which I inherited from my Dad, who is Hawaiian, nor do I have thinning hair that my Mother does.... so thanks Dad, all the way around.
Wrinkles? None here, again, thanks Dad.
So, coloring my hair is simply to "enhance" that "Hawaiian Beauty"...
Attachment 24075
SHAKA!
Except for one streak on top of my head that is salt and pepper grey, the rest is all silvery white and I love it. Once I noticed some grey hairs, I just let it all come in at will.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:36 AM   #4813
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Shrek made the grey hair, so he has to look at it. Okay, that was for a funny. He loves my grey hair and comes unglued when I think about coloring it.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:09 AM   #4814
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Shrek made the grey hair, so he has to look at it. Okay, that was for a funny. He loves my grey hair and comes unglued when I think about coloring it.
I'm always OK with natural. If it's gray it's OK. Overall, if it's not my hair, I have no say in the matter.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:24 AM   #4815
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I did laugh.

My hairdresser told me that a lot of her clients say that as long as they are working, they color their hair. But once they retire, they stop. They tell her that they don't get the promotions or biggest pay raises with their hair grey. Nothing like silent discrimination.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:14 PM   #4816
Master Chef

When I signed up to come down here to mortality, and straighten all you people out, I knew what I was signing up for, a body that would wear out, hair that would turn grey (though it hasn't yet, but the beard is nearly all white), and body parts that would just not work as well, after time had passed. So the rest of you, suck it up and get down and give me fifty, on your fingertips. And do it quick!

Oh, wait, I came down here to do the learning, not the teaching, but the part about the aging body is true, and my hair color is not showing much grey yet. No hair color has ever, nor will it ever touch my head. If you can't love me for my good looks, then you will for my pancakes. Now is that humble or what?

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 02:51 PM   #4817
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Well, this truly makes me very unhappy. I apparently caught something, and have been napping for four days straight. I haven't napped since I was a baby, and even then reluctantly. I'm dizzy, exhausted, and don't trust myself to stand upright for long. I usually zip around like crazy.

DH brought me some coconut ice cream as I haven't felt like eating for a few days. I like coconut ice cream.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:00 PM   #4818
Chef Extraordinaire

I still have that Nordic hair that turns blonde in the summer...darker in the winter. Some of the blonde is more white than blonde...the purple highlights are the wild side I can't control...
Old 01-03-2016, 03:01 PM   #4819
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I hope you feel better soon.

Airplanes + strangers =
Old 01-03-2016, 03:17 PM   #4820
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
I hope you feel better soon.

Airplanes + strangers =

Thanks! I keep telling people not to breathe on me. I also wipe everything down with homemade Dawgwipes (aloe and rubbing alcohol on half sheets of Bounty Select-a-Size.)