"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-03-2016, 11:08 PM   #4831
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I keep finding "Just one more load!" of laundry...

Old 01-04-2016, 10:17 AM   #4832
Master Chef

Shhh. Don't let everyone know. Loads of laundry are like Tribbles, you know, from StarTreck - The Trouble with Tribbles. They multiply until they suffocate you because they take up so much space. You have to eliminate all of those loads. They breed five times faster than rabbits. Don't let them multiply for a day. You will have wall-to-wall-to ceiling, in every room of the house, filled with laundry loads. If it looks like you can't keep up, Run!

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:36 PM   #4833
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
Shhh. Don't let everyone know. Loads of laundry are like Tribbles, you know, from StarTreck - The Trouble with Tribbles. They multiply until they suffocate you because they take up so much space. You have to eliminate all of those loads. They breed five times faster than rabbits. Don't let them multiply for a day. You will have wall-to-wall-to ceiling, in every room of the house, filled with laundry loads. If it looks like you can't keep up, Run!

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
And above all...keep it away from the quadrotriticale.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:49 PM   #4834
Head Chef

UPS, USPS and other package shippers must still be hungover from Christmas shipping.
I have at least 5 orders placed around or well before Dec 25th that still haven't been delivered. Not only that, but the tracking information on some online orders list Dec. 19th as the last update on tracking. A word of warning when ordering online. Check what shipping company the seller is using. DHL shipping has the worst reputation of them all. I ordered something off eBay on Dec 14th from a USA seller. My last DHL tracking update shows Dec 19th as the latest from a shipping point that is less than 150 miles away from me. Some days it says my package has been handed off to UPS (which DHL does), then the next day that line of data has been removed from the tracking update.

This Christmas season was said to be the busiest for online buying ever, maybe that's why.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:55 PM   #4835
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
UPS, USPS and other package shippers must still be hungover from Christmas shipping.
I have at least 5 orders placed around or well before Dec 25th that still haven't been delivered. Not only that, but the tracking information on some online orders list Dec. 19th as the last update on tracking. A word of warning when ordering online. Check what shipping company the seller is using. DHL shipping has the worst reputation of them all. I ordered something off eBay on Dec 14th from a USA seller. My last DHL tracking update shows Dec 19th as the latest from a shipping point that is less than 150 miles away from me. Some days it says my package has been handed off to UPS (which DHL does), then the next day that line of data has been removed from the tracking update.

This Christmas season was said to be the busiest for online buying ever, maybe that's why.
If everything is dated the 19th, you might want to restart your computer or refresh the window

Some items I ordered for DH that were backordered for Christmas were just delivered yesterday, as was my new laptop I ordered last Saturday. And today I got a delivery I ordered Sunday.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:06 PM   #4836
Head Chef

Okay. One thing I noticed today is that you get much more accurate tracking information if you go to that companies shipping site and enter your tracking number there instead of using the email notice tracking button from a seller. I went to UPS's site and they predicted an updated arrival date of Jan 8th, not Jan. 5th as that email tracking link from an Amazon seller reported.

I stand by my comment about DHL shipping. Worst shippers of any. They have a one star rating and hundreds of complaints.
DHL is cheaper and is used by sellers who ship mass quantities of low cost merchandise. They hand it off to UPS for the local delivery.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:36 PM   #4837
Senior Cook

To be blunt DHL stinks. I had a small package help up there for about 10 days with no movement.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:10 AM   #4838
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm not sure I've ever noticed whether something I've bought has been shipped with DHL. I'll take your words for it
Old 01-07-2016, 01:44 AM   #4839
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I'm not sure I've ever noticed whether something I've bought has been shipped with DHL. I'll take your words for it
When buying online low cost items, and that seller offers Free shipping by "Economy" shipping, you take your chances.
First Class shipping is basic low cost and has good reliability, but DHL offers volume sellers a cheaper shipping rate.

It's not a huge loss to me, it was a low cost item from a big volume seller. They use DHL. Lesson learned.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:33 AM   #4840
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I keep finding "Just one more load!" of laundry...
My brother-in-law's stackable washer-dryer was going 24/7 almost. They had young ones.