Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't get this $%$@!!!! Loom.! :mad:

Usually if it's something that's hard and really intricate I can master it no time. Give me something as simple as this weaving loom and everything goes to pots! :huh:

I can't get it to pick up the yarn to weave. The warping is correct. Tension is ok. (My Tension is through the roof):mad:

It has to be something simple. I just don't see it.

Taking classes for it are out of the question for a while.

Munky, I thought this loom was to help you relax. :ermm:

Have you checked Youtube for videos on weaving? I ask this seriously, because they have videos for practically everything. When I took a pottery class, I had trouble holding my hands "just so" in order to mold the clay as it spun on its disc base. Watching a couple of videos (and looking like a fool at the laptop, cupping my hands around air) helped me a lot when I went back the next week. And it's how Himself has found out the best ways to replace the headlight in his Milan (there is a little trap door you access from under the car, I think) and the best way to drop in a new garbage disposal when your old one dies.

Youtube! Good luck. AND relax!

The bain of my existance. Beagle is not doing her job.

Turns out the dogs (Allie, a border collie and the baby-10 weeks, an Aussie Shepard) next door to Mom's are frequent yard visitors (Baby can squeeze through the fence). No critters stand a chance in the two yards. Poor Jethro:(, he was so excited to see me, he scratched my arm all over, Mom had a fit and he came to me for comfort, we sat in the shade and hugged each other. Baby is soooo soff and floofy...Dad let Allie in and I was covered in dog bodies and slobber.

I also hunted the wild blackberries while I was there...

Munky, I agree with CG, check Youtube. I know it's certainly easier for me to learn something new when I can SEE it being done rather than reading how. I picked up crocheting watching my grandmother easily. Nobody in my family or friends knitted so I tried to book learn it. Finally managed to.get 1 project done but had a horrible time doing it and have never used knitting needles again except to use them as poking tools. Tried to teach myself to tat, gave up on that!

Dawg, have you considered letting Beagle stay out during part of the time tied up near the garden patch? If there is any shade there for him. Or if they are visiting the garden at night, taking him out at dusk for his evening walk.

My thinking is evidentially the rabbits will start to stay away from there, not knowing if the dog will be there. :angel:

Munky, I agree with CG, check Youtube. I know it's certainly easier for me to learn something new when I can SEE it being done rather than reading how. I picked up crocheting watching my grandmother easily. Nobody in my family or friends knitted so I tried to book learn it. Finally managed to.get 1 project done but had a horrible time doing it and have never used knitting needles again except to use them as poking tools. Tried to teach myself to tat, gave up on that!

As a teenager I had friends whose grandmother taught them to tat. Too difficult for me. I am quite happy with crochet, knitting and embroidery. Enough to keep my hands busy. :angel:

Munky, I thought this loom was to help you relax. :ermm:

Have you checked Youtube for videos on weaving? I ask this seriously, because they have videos for practically everything. When I took a pottery class, I had trouble holding my hands "just so" in order to mold the clay as it spun on its disc base. Watching a couple of videos (and looking like a fool at the laptop, cupping my hands around air) helped me a lot when I went back the next week. And it's how Himself has found out the best ways to replace the headlight in his Milan (there is a little trap door you access from under the car, I think) and the best way to drop in a new garbage disposal when your old one dies.

Youtube! Good luck. AND relax!

Relaxing was the general idea. I spent close to an hour at the yarn shop where we bought this loom just playing around with it. But of course it was already set up, people were also practicing with the shaft. (See I'm warped already! just had a dirty thought run though my mind.) SORRY...OK,... I'M SORRYYYY!...:ohmy::ermm::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I've been looking all over youtube. Might have found a video that might help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QgJxS7VAG8

Her loom looks almost identical as mine. I did buy a book. It's not for newbies like myself. Passed on buying yarn for it. I think 6 fully boxed cases in my stash is enough.

I think the problem was I had been keeping it in the neutral position.
It was preventing it from doing the actual weaving. We'll see. Need to practice and find out. A little WFI won't hurt me much.:ermm:

Great now I have to relearn a stick shift all over again.

I've always cancelled my free 30-day Prime trial about mid way through the deal. But they will still honor your free trial for the full 30 days, regardless.

I think it was a glitch on their part but last month when my free 30-day trial was up they immediately offered me another free 30-day trial. This may be their tactic for you to order more stuff. And I tend to spend more money during these free trial periods.

Ok, so my last free trial ended on Aug 20. Yesterday, Aug 21, I was looking for an axe on Amazon and when I placed the item in my shopping cart they offered me another 30-day free Prime trial.... Now, that's 3 straight months in a row of Amazon Prime free trials....
I think they're baiting me to spend more.... :LOL:

Ok, so my last free trial ended on Aug 20. Yesterday, Aug 21, I was looking for an axe on Amazon and when I placed the item in my shopping cart they offered me another 30-day free Prime trial.... Now, that's 3 straight months in a row of Amazon Prime free trials....

That's a good thing right? Cool.

I LOVE Amazon Prime and have had it for nearly 10 years. I can't imagine how much I've saved over and above the membership fee.

The two huge (weighty) items that immediately come to mind that we've bought via Amazon Prime are a 15-foot above ground swimming pool and a 5-cubic foot chest freezer.

Also, those two items were purchased from vendors who lived where we didn't have to pay sales tax. That's another 6% bonus for us.

We have 16, soon to be 18, grandchildren who live scattered all over the country. Sure is nice to have things sent to them without having to pay shipping and/or go to the package store or post office. Both of those outlets here are at least 18 miles away and are usually "stand in line" capacity no matter what time of day or day we go.

We've appreciated the 2-day shipping feature several times when time mattered for something that broke or need a replacement part, pronto. In a few of the cases, we would have had to have ordered from a local retailer and waited no fewer than 5 days to a week to get what we needed.

Another positive thing we partner with Prime is that both of us have Amazon VISA cards, which allow us to earn "points" toward purchases.

REALLY paid off in May when we ordered a $500 Dyson vacuum cleaner and paid $84.16 for it.

Just my take on Prime. We love it.

I agree with you Katie. If you can't get to the brick and mortar store, then you sit at home and order on line. And in some cases, the savings in gas alone makes it work for them.

It is no wonder so many of the big stores like Sears, Macy and others are cutting back and closing some of their stores. They can't compete with online shopping. Jet.com is just more competition for them along with Amazon. :angel:

I live overseas and have for many years and Amazon Prime is a lifesaver especially for Christmas time.........I start lining up gifts in November and by Christmas when we return to the US it's not a nightmare of mall traffic, headache highways, restaurant waits, etc.........those who can't think of anything get ca$h.........everyone is :)

Walmart just purchased Jet.com. :LOL:
And they paid a pretty penny. 3.3B dollars. Ouch! :angel:
That means it probably does not bode well for those of you who love Jet. With Wal-Mart coughing up that much money, they'll have to recover the cost somehow. Just like when Market Basket came back from their non-strike strike, pricing probably won't be as good as it was before.

Wonder how long it will be before Amazon buys out Wal-Jet, or vice-versa.

That means it probably does not bode well for those of you who love Jet. With Wal-Mart coughing up that much money, they'll have to recover the cost somehow. Just like when Market Basket came back from their non-strike strike, pricing probably won't be as good as it was before.

Wonder how long it will be before Amazon buys out Wal-Jet, or vice-versa.

I just placed a very large order with Jet. Saw no difference this time. Next month I will place a much small one of household cleaning products and will see if there is any difference. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom