"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-04-2016, 11:45 AM   #4881
Master Chef

It is work comp. insurance. I got hurt at work. And was getting Phisical therapy. But the insurance claims that they never received the doctor orders and never have approved the treatment. That's why they are denying the payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Old 02-04-2016, 11:50 AM   #4882
Proud American

Of pets, I do remember of a time when Azia was as of a puppy and I took away of a toy and she bit of my hand.

It did bleed much but she had of her shots. I hit her very hard of her head and her rear and put her in the crate for of a very long time. She has never done this again.

Perhaps some discipline is necessary, yes?

Love,
~Cat

Old 02-04-2016, 12:36 PM   #4883
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Because I am 77 years old and here it is February 4th, and it is still healing. I am diabetic and a simple little injury turns into a major problem for me.

Secondly, because it is the law. My skin was broken. It was broken with the teeth of the animal. Not from his claws. The incident is now on record. The dog belongs to my son. If the wound should turn into something more than it has, I do not want to leave my child with regrets for having this animal. I want him to know that I did whatever was necessary and required of me.
Addie,
You were the one at fault with Teddy. You chose to play with him at your age. Assume the risk. You've allowed your son to bring him to your home many times and this is the first time an incident has happened?

How is your relationship with your son after reporting him and his dog with the authorities? It would be down right chilly with me.

Did you file a an incident report for future purposes to possibly sue your son if it doesn't heal when you want it to. Do you know by filing you just opened up that that gate for future problems for your son?

It would be a cold day in H...! before I'd ever let my dog around you again. As a daughter the only regret I'd have is not getting my parent under control starting with all the early stages of Dimentia tests.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:28 PM   #4884
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Addie,
You were the one at fault with Teddy. You chose to play with him at your age. Assume the risk. You've allowed your son to bring him to your home many times and this is the first time an incident has happened?

How is your relationship with your son after reporting him and his dog with the authorities? It would be down right chilly with me.

Did you file a an incident report for future purposes to possibly sue your son if it doesn't heal when you want it to. Do you know by filing you just opened up that that gate for future problems for your son?

It would be a cold day in H...! before I'd ever let my dog around you again. As a daughter the only regret I'd have is not getting my parent under control starting with all the early stages of Dimentia tests.
I did what was right. And I would do the same thing again. Spike was all for it. The only thing that happened with the report was it became a statistic for the number of incidents in the city with dogs. There was no need for a follow up with the police or the animal officer. I made it clear that I was following the law and just reporting it. I have no intentions of suing my son. And he knows it. He still brings Teddy here every night. And he will continue to do so. I still play with him. In fact when he comes through the door he runs to me right away and then up on my bed so I can give him his scratchies. Teddy knows if I have slacks on, he can put his front legs on my thighs. If I don't he pulls on my skirt so I can tell him "up". Which means up on the bed. We have a routine and I broke the rules the day he bit me. And he let me know it.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:48 PM   #4885
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Addie,

It would be a cold day in H...! before I'd ever let my dog around you again. As a daughter the only regret I'd have is not getting my parent under control starting with all the early stages of Dementia tests.
Not just the dog - it would be a cold day in H... before I'd come around again. What a mean thing to do!
Old 02-04-2016, 06:48 PM   #4886
Master Chef

Petty Vents

Wait, am I missing something or are you attacking Addie? Thing is if you go to doctor and it is dog bite, you either have to present the dog or get rabies shots and those are not pleasant to put it mildly. I am sure it was easier to bring all the dog paperwork from doctor rather than get those shots.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:08 PM   #4887
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Wait, am I missing something or are you attacking Addie? Thing is if you go to doctor and it is dog bite, you either have to present the dog or get rabies shots and those are not pleasant to put it mildly. I am sure it was easier to bring all the dog paperwork from doctor rather than get those shots.
The doctor doesn’t need anything from the police. They get information about the dog from the veterinarian.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:08 PM   #4888
Master Chef

Love ya and all Charlie, but I don't think anyone is 'attacking' Addie. She brought it up on her own and in my very humble opinion, reporting a slight bite from a family pet to the authorities (who govern too much of our lives anyway), is a little over the top.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:22 PM   #4889
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I did what was right. And I would do the same thing again. Spike was all for it. The only thing that happened with the report was it became a statistic for the number of incidents in the city with dogs. There was no need for a follow up with the police or the animal officer. I made it clear that I was following the law and just reporting it.
This sense of what's right seemed to be missing when you were selling your Internet access to your neighbor.

Whatever you think you're "making clear," once you report something to the police, you have no control over what happens next. I don't understand what you think you were accomplishing by doing this.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:07 AM   #4890
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I think it's a bit much to report a small bite to the police too. She did say Spike was "all for it". But, we don't know all the details. Addie is on medicare. I think that is why she mentioned the diabetes. I don't know, but is it possible there could be repercussions with medicare if she doesn't report an injury immediately? Especially if it doesn't heal properly and needs to be taken care of later?