"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-19-2016, 05:42 PM   #4901
Master Chef

Another bad night's sleep, another lazy day for me. If I get any lazier I'm going to turn into a cat.

Meow...

Old 02-19-2016, 06:16 PM   #4902
Chef Extraordinaire

I've always said, I want to be reincarnated as a beloved house cat

Old 02-19-2016, 06:32 PM   #4903
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Grumble. It's either Verizon or me, but our internet is shot. Can no longer get LTE to work for DC, though it works for everything else.

I have to poke at this teeny iPhone screen.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:00 PM   #4904
Master Chef

Had a terrible night's sleep last night, too. Sheesh. I used to be able to sleep at least 4-5 hours straight not that long ago, now I'm lucky if it's 2 hours without waking up.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:14 PM   #4905
Master Chef

CG and Cheryl......there's nothing worse than a bad night's sleep, don't I know!

I've found a world of difference since I started taking Melatonin. Look into it.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:21 AM   #4906
Master Chef

Grrr...me, luddite.

Thank goodness for Dropbox. If it weren't for that, I would no longer have photos of my last kitty, trips to see our kids, vacations.... *sigh* Went to delete ONE photo from my phone "Gallery". When the main screen came up with all of my folders, the first photo in the "Camera" folder was the one I was planning on dumping. Sadly, I did not go to the individual photo, only selecting "delete" when I checked off what I had seen on my phone screen. *poof* Off into the ether went about 300 photos.

At least they are still in Dropbox. This will teach me to move a photo into its album as soon as I take that picture! The punishment you get when you procrastinate...
Old 03-01-2016, 05:07 AM   #4907
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Eek!
Old 03-01-2016, 01:02 PM   #4908
Master Chef

It's been a very mild winter. 3 days back, it snowed enough to break out the snowblower. I cleared the driveways and walkways. Last snow to clear was around the Webber Kettle. I move the barbecue grill and began to clear the snow. Suddenly, the machine came to an instantaneous stop, with the motor stalling. I checked, and the ash catcher had fallen off of the Webber and had been buried in snow. The auger scooped in up and the ash catcher wedged between rear tines of the auger and the auger bowl. No damage was done except that I can't move the auger, and the ash catcher is so tight that I can't pull it out. I have to remove the auger to get the ash catcher out. And wouldn't you know it, the night before last, and yesterday until about 5 p.m. we had snow and a blizzard, the first one of the year. Out came the shovel and me doing what I'd been doing for most of my life. I only bought the snowblower last year. It's what I get for using an old Webber whose leg sockets were welded onto the kettle bowl by my BIL. After I take DW to a doctor's appointment, I'll go out and start taking things apart. I have done my homework and found a repair manual online, and have studied it. Fortunately, I have a high mechanical apptitude and this should not be difficult. A few well wishes sent this way wouldn't hurt though.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:23 PM   #4909
Master Chef

I'm just in a melancholy mood today. Too many mistakes in too few days. It just gives me a headache, which I have. Sorry I'm not a fun guy right now. It will pass. I'll get the snowblower fixed, and chores done, and maybe find something fun to do. I need someone to stand against the house, with their arms straight out, so that I can outline their body with snowballs. Yep, that would be fun. Any voluteers?

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:06 PM   #4910
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
I'm just in a melancholy mood today. Too many mistakes in too few days. It just gives me a headache, which I have. Sorry I'm not a fun guy right now. It will pass. I'll get the snowblower fixed, and chores done, and maybe find something fun to do. I need someone to stand against the house, with their arms straight out, so that I can outline their body with snowballs. Yep, that would be fun. Any voluteers?

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Fire when ready!