Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here in Mass. the speed limit is 65 mph on every highway. But if all the traffic is traveling 70-75 mph, and you are keeping up with it, it is very doubtful you will get stopped. It is when you are in the passing lane and going 45-50 mph and impeding the traffic that you will get pulled over. Or if you are weaving in and out of traffic and changing lanes. You will definitely pulled over.

Our cops hate paper work. Although in the event you take it to court, they are only too happy to appear against you. That counts as overtime.

Do not expect to get anywhere in a hurry in the early morning or late afternoon. Bumper to bumper cars trying to get to work in a hurry or home. The south shore is notorious for accidents and horrible traffic jams. No worry there about getting a ticket for speeding.

The North Shore is not much better. We have all the folks from NH coming to work in Mass. I do wish they would find work in their own state. :angel:

Don't know how I missed this post, but Addie....seriously. Speaking on behalf of my son-in-law who has been a police officer going on 15 years now....trust me. They are NOT "only too happy to appear in court for the overtime"... that is inaccurate on so many levels. :(:ohmy: I'm wondering where you get your information.

And as far as traffic....MA isn't the only state with bumper to bumper traffic. Have you driven (or been a passenger) on the Southern California freeways in the past few decades? There is no such thing as early morning or late afternoon 'rush hour'. It's constant.

As far as your last statement about wanting to keep the working out-of-staters out of MA...not sure what to even say about that...

Last edited:
We have speed control in this village to day, it is the cadets in training with handler doing it. If you are going over 10 km, you will get fined but any lower, no. it just so they can learn how to handle people in a nice and polite way. Man, they are well trained and nice looking.

My idiot neighbor got caught for drunk driving and it is 8 in the morning.

Weather is nice and cool and I have lifting/digging restrictions...by the time I can it will be hot again.

Here in Mass. the speed limit is 65 mph on every highway. But if all the traffic is traveling 70-75 mph, and you are keeping up with it, it is very doubtful you will get stopped. It is when you are in the passing lane and going 45-50 mph and impeding the traffic that you will get pulled over. Or if you are weaving in and out of traffic and changing lanes. You will definitely pulled over.

Our cops hate paper work. Although in the event you take it to court, they are only too happy to appear against you. That counts as overtime.

Do not expect to get anywhere in a hurry in the early morning or late afternoon. Bumper to bumper cars trying to get to work in a hurry or home. The south shore is notorious for accidents and horrible traffic jams. No worry there about getting a ticket for speeding.

The North Shore is not much better. We have all the folks from NH coming to work in Mass. I do wish they would find work in their own state. :angel:

I have a suggestion for you Addie. MOVE!

We all know how much disdain you have for the police. You've made comments in the past that were so off the wall and inaccurate. I could have spent all day just sitting here poking holes in your comment. You are absolutely clueless as to what their jobs are truly like.You seem to think that they do it for the over time pay. Honey, the over time checks are taxed. Not only that. Over time in a lot of cases are forced. They have no choice but to do it. Or lose their jobs! That's not something you have to worry about. You just made a reference "Our cops" Stop gathering all of them into one basket. I guess you don't know that when they appear in court they are targets? That is one of the most dangerous places for them to be in.

As for your comments: "The North Shore is not much better. We have all the folks from NH coming to work in Mass. I do wish they would find work in their own state." :angel:
I DO wish you could get it through your head, people commuting to and from work most likely aren't doing it for kicks,just to annoy you sweet Addie. They most likely have families to support.They to have no choice.

But you do...Why don't YOU relocate?

Munky Badger.

Just want to ask one small favor; Would somebody come and take the word off of my shoulders, just for a little while?

I have determined that I chose the wrong career. Right nwo, I think I should have gone into the hammock testing business.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Minor complaint:
I have never eaten cheescake, from any store, or from any restaurant, even cheesecake vendors in Pike's Place Market, that domes anywhere close in texture in flavor, as the quality that I can make at home. I've also had some phenominal cheesecake from other homes, homemade of course. Oh, let me state, my late brother in law used to work for a place called - The Cheesecake Factory, out of Beverly Hills, Ca. Their nNew Yourk Cheesecake, with sweetened sour cream topping was absolutely amazing. It was the cheesecake that inspired me to learn how to make a great cheesecake. But that is the only purchased cheesecake I've ever tasted that was truly excellent, and for what you pay for cheesecake, it should always be excellent.

That's all I have to say about that.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I have a suggestion for you Addie. MOVE!

We all know how much disdain you have for the police. You've made comments in the past that were so off the wall and inaccurate. I could have spent all day just sitting here poking holes in your comment. You are absolutely clueless as to what their jobs are truly like.You seem to think that they do it for the over time pay. Honey, the over time checks are taxed. Not only that. Over time in a lot of cases are forced. They have no choice but to do it. Or lose their jobs! That's not something you have to worry about. You just made a reference "Our cops" Stop gathering all of them into one basket. I guess you don't know that when they appear in court they are targets? That is one of the most dangerous places for them to be in.

As for your comments: "The North Shore is not much better. We have all the folks from NH coming to work in Mass. I do wish they would find work in their own state." :angel:
I DO wish you could get it through your head, people commuting to and from work most likely aren't doing it for kicks,just to annoy you sweet Addie. They most likely have families to support.They to have no choice.

But you do...Why don't YOU relocate?

Munky Badger.

+1. Addie has to be one of the least empathetic people I have ever known. It's unlikely she'll move, though, since she's supported by the government. She'll just keep on knocking the government employees who keep her alive, fed and sheltered.

My bottom drawer freezer is truly annoying me. I have many bad words for it, it won't shut up its door alarm. I can't get the drawer open, despite being about as McGuyver as I can get. I may need to use a hairdryer or blowtorch. It will be emptied and defrosted tomorrow if I can get the dang thing open.

Last edited:
Well, this takes the cake. I couldn't get the freezer drawer open, despite using a hairdryer on it. Asked DH to open it when he got home. I needed my frozen jalapenos for salsa.

Bad word bad word bad word. The whole freezer door broke and came off!! More bad words.

I guess I'll haul out the duct tape. More bad words.

Called the store we bought the fridge from, the repair people won't be open until Monday. We unloaded all the freezer stuff into coolers.

Thinking I may get rid of this piece of crap. I'm probably going back to my side-by-side. Heck with the bottom drawer monstrosity.

Thankfully, our neighbor has an empty freezer in his basement. He's out of town, but graciously is allowing us to use it. I turned it on, and am letting it cool. I have his garage door code. DH and I dragged two heavy coolers over and plunked them down his basement. Many more bad words. We'll head back later to unload when the freezer gets to temp.

Last edited:
Gads Dawg. That's not only frustrating, aggravating and a miserable steam building blood pressure %&*()*. I'd have blown it!

Keep us posted as to what exactly happened to the drawer. It sounds like a rare thing but it might help someone else somewhere along the line.

My vent at the moment is having pneumonia while my daughter is visiting. Curtailing any excursions we were going to do.
She stayed with me last year for a couple of month when I had my rotator cuff op. We thought we would have more fun this year without the nurse and patient aspect. :ermm: HA!! :mad:

How disappointing, dragn. Sure hope you can kick it, and you girls can go have some fun!

My assessment is the ice maker kept leaking into the freezer, causing an ice buildup and making the door stick. When we were emptying it, we pulled out several pounds of ice. Pulling on the drawer door broke it off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom