Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH has the patience of a gnat, and the door's too heavy to hold by myself. Fibre glass tape is a very good idea though.
I guess you need a way to hold up the door while epoxy cures. Maybe the duct tape would be good enough for that. Might have to do it in two rounds, so you can fibre glass & epoxy in some places and then go back and do the places that had duct tape.

DH has the patience of a gnat, and the door's too heavy to hold by myself. Fibre glass tape is a very good idea though.

Though epoxy is a great glue for many purposes, depending on the plastic your pull-out drawer is made from, the cement used py plumbers to join PFC pipes may work better. The solvents in that glue partially dissove the plastic into a semi-liquid state. The to pieces of plastic are chemically welded together when the solvents have completely evaporated, creating a nearly unbreakable bond that should be stronger than the original unbroken plastic. Again though, it depends on the plastic used. The glue works with polystyrene, and PVC for sure, and probably other plastics, as they are all similar in a carbon-based molecular structure. The glue is inexpensive, and you can test on a small area. There are two parts, a cleaner, and the adhesive.

Good luck, and if you use the stuff, keep windows open for ventillation.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Great advice, Chief. DH is very impatient. Guess I'll be going on a road trip. We don't have a good appliance store in our little town, we used to have a Sears and a Penneys, but no longer.

I had shingles in the month of July, thank goodness they only lasted about a month. I had read that they can stay with you for a year. Well, this week I have been getting a few on the back of my hair line and on and in my ear again. I am happy to say that it seems to be a mild case this time and very little pain. Can't wait for them to be gone again.

Oh dear. Shingles are awful. Had them.

I need to get the vaccine, but they won't cover it here until you're 60+.

Last edited:
I love you all here and you all sweet. And this not against any of you at all but here it goes anyway.

I have a group of American friends, they all over the place, I got to know them through food. BUT I am ready to strangle them all, it is to the point of over barely PC, you are not allowed to offended any one unless they none Americans or Muslims.

If they dont understand something, they will either see it as threat to their American way or perversion or rude. They refuse to google or realize there is more to history then they where taught in School.

I have now been scolded by 5 of these for being a pervert and all I did was a reference to the Picts / na Cruithnich. Oh and they are also made up , they where never real... *SIGH*

Thank God you all exist , at least you have brains and no how to use them!

Today qoute> If it isnt in the bible it hasnt happened...

And this was not a joke, so this means WWI or WWII has ever happened, nor USA.

I love you all here and you all sweet. And this not against any of you at all but here it goes anyway.

I have a group of American friends, they all over the place, I got to know them through food. BUT I am ready to strangle them all, it is to the point of over barely PC, you are not allowed to offended any one unless they none Americans or Muslims.

If they dont understand something, they will either see it as threat to their American way or perversion or rude. They refuse to google or realize there is more to history then they where taught in School.

I have now been scolded by 5 of these for being a pervert and all I did was a reference to the Picts / na Cruithnich. Oh and they are also made up , they where never real... *SIGH*

Thank God you all exist , at least you have brains and no how to use them!

I have been many places in the world and have found very good people in every country/nation I have visited, who were warm and friendly, and treated me like a true friend. I have also seen the bad in every country/nation I have visited, and known enough to stay away from them. The U.S. si the same. Some of us are great people, who would give their right arm to help someone, or make them feel welcome, no matter the religion, race, or nationality. And others, well they look to blame anyone not in their tight little circle of causing all the wrongs of the world, or maybe even they want to cause the wrongs in the world. Fortunately, almost everywhere, the good are in far greater numbers than the bad.

I'm sorry you got flamed on other boards by people who use ignorance as a crutch to behave badly.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

CakePoet, I think I will not be the first to suggest that this group is not a group you should stay with...

If I were you I would just bow out - don't even say good-bye. Less said, better off you are. Do not be drawn into their world.

They are scary people who would probably like to convert you. don't even try to understand or conjole them into understanding your way - you will not win.

Cooking talk or not - just leave... I'm sure as interesting as some of their threads on cooking may be, the slightest deviation could be a catalist... just saying.

Well most av them are voting for Trump and I am leaving, this isnt the close knit group we used to be. We got really close after we lost a friend after 9/11.

So yes, I am leaving, I am staying with you lot, you are much nicer, it just hard to say good bye when we been through so much. But I also having a hard time ignoring being called social communist and that my state run daycares is feeding kids propaganda ( like learning colours are propaganda).

And I know there are good and bad people of all countries, trust me, I worked with music here in Sweden and you get to see it all then. But sadly it always they bad who sticks out.

And the fun part is I just realize I own the forum that the idiots are on...

Well most av them are voting for Trump and I am leaving, this isnt the close knit group we used to be. We got really close after we lost a friend after 9/11.

So yes, I am leaving, I am staying with you lot, you are much nicer, it just hard to say good bye when we been through so much. But I also having a hard time ignoring being called social communist and that my state run daycares is feeding kids propaganda ( like learning colours are propaganda).

And I know there are good and bad people of all countries, trust me, I worked with music here in Sweden and you get to see it all then. But sadly it always they bad who sticks out.

And the fun part is I just realize I own the forum that the idiots are on...

I know nothing about you, or your friends, or what your day cares are feeding to your children, neither do ii care. You are entitled to your beliefs and your opinion. However your statement about "most av them are voting for Trump " shows that you are not as liberal and as opened minded as you would like to present yourself to be.
Chief said it best. There good and bad people everywhere. However i would not judge anybody's goodness by their voting choice. Never mind if I agree or disagree with that choice.

Our family and friends are divided but we usually keep politics out when we socialize so it's never been an issue, even with the current turmoil. Besides, I have thick skin so nothing bothers me. I'm good!

CP, the fact is nobody knows anything about the board you're talking about and all of this is only your side of the story anyway. Why bring up those problems here? None of us know those people or the problems of that mysterious board.
If you actually own the board as you claim, just shut it down and be done with it. JMO

Sorry, I didnt know we where only allowed to went about things that happeneds here, not our life. I wont make this mistake again.

Sorry, I didnt know we where only allowed to went about things that happeneds here, not our life. I wont make this mistake again.

No, of course it's about things that happen in your life. There are a lot of elements to this that we don't understand, though, like what your reference to Picts / na Cruithnich means. And your exchange with Charlie is hard to follow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom