Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To me, it's very refreshing that DC doesn't allow talk of politics or religion. It's hard, at times, to look at Facebook with all the "stuff" going on there.

No worries, CP. Please feel free to vent away. As most of us here are from North America, an explanation may be needed, as we may not be familiar with some of the European/Swedish terms. No offense intended. I for one find you and your sense of humor delightful!

I have now been scolded by 5 of these for being a pervert and all I did was a reference to the Picts / na Cruithnich. Oh and they are also made up , they where never real... *SIGH*

Thank God you all exist , at least you have brains and no how to use them!
They never heard of Picts? Well, I hadn't heard of na Cruithnich, which I assumed was another name for Picts. I Googled and it's Scots Gaelic for Picts. There is far too much written history and archaeological evidence for their existence for you to have made them up.

To me, it's very refreshing that DC doesn't allow talk of politics or religion. It's hard, at times, to look at Facebook with all the "stuff" going on there.
+1, Dawg. Except for the funny memes that poke fun at both/either candidate. Those I look at. ;)

Meanwhile, allow me to lobby for my choice:

Attachments

• 2012-11-06 14.03.04.jpg
    2012-11-06 14.03.04.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 84
Well, my mother was American. She was born in Detroit on July 4th, how patriotic can you get. Does that qualify me to vote with CG and GG?

To me, it's very refreshing that DC doesn't allow talk of politics or religion.

I agree.

Now, OTOH, if DC had a P&R sub-forum it's one's choice to go in there or not. But, I can also see potential problems where members can discover fellow members' political or religious views and might stop interacting with those members all together on DC, creating friction outside of the P&R board.

Last edited:
A young man who I have known for what seems like forever got married today in Toronto. Since I am not able to travel much, the five hour flight was out for us. However, one way we know him is he was part of the tech team TB and I headed up at the church. So, of course he would have a live stream of the wedding for all those who couldn't make it. The wedding was almost an hour and a half late and the feed was not a good one so the two hours stopped exactly as the pastor was finally about to get to the vows...

They will have a video of the whole thing, but the point was we could watch it (close to) live!

We will be attending a reception held here on the west coast in a few months before they go back to Laos where they met at a flying school.

And the best thing is I don't have to make cake! My young protege will be doing the honours.

Since we moved the old house account keeps showing as the "main" account for Comcast. No way to get rid of it myself. Finally got tired of it and went to chat with Comcast. Two people and 30 minutes later finally got rid of the account that is closed and will never be used again. 30 minutes......

Since we moved the old house account keeps showing as the "main" account for Comcast. No way to get rid of it myself. Finally got tired of it and went to chat with Comcast. Two people and 30 minutes later finally got rid of the account that is closed and will never be used again. 30 minutes......
Crikey!

I'm having the same problem with our gas bill...I lived at the old address for a month...been in the current one for over a year.

When I left my old address in Everett, I notified gas and light company of the date of the move. Six months later and after numerous phone calls to both utilities, I finally took the old landlord to court. What he had done was call the utilities the day I moved and told them I had changed my mind and would continue to live there. It seems he had a new tenant ready to move in, but couldn't show the apartment until night time. He certainly didn't want to show it with a flashlight.

I won the court case for all the back bills times three. In this state you can sue for three times the amount of damages. And I did!

My monthly USAA credit card statement was crazy to figure out when USAA recently decided to switch from Master Card to Visa. I got two confusing statements the next month of charges and credits and gobbligook (as they made the switch) that strained my mind to try and decipher. I suppose and trust that it all evened out. I'll never know because it was confusing gobbligook to figure out. I called them about it, but within about a minute, they were talking confident sounding gobbligook to me. :LOL:

Last edited:
I'm happy for the Dodgers and am a fan but I'm not looking forward to the heavy traffic heading home from work the next three nights of the championship series with the Cubs. I live less than a mile from Dodger Stadium and surface street traffic will be horrendous despite many residential streets with traffic cops restricting access to residents only. It's not a problem during regular season games.
Go Dodgers!

Back
Top Bottom