"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #5011
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I know everyone's passwords or how to find them in the office...because they have no clue how to go about fixing problems and I end up walking IT through any problems after my office mates have gone home. Most of the time I just have to access under my username, other times it is a problem with their accounts. My passwords at work are written down as they change frequently. Passwords on my home computer are all in my head...have to keep something in there.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #5012
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Well, at least having those passwords written on paper is a lot better than in clear text somewhere on your computer.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #5013
Chef Extraordinaire

I used to have a different password for everything. Then when I set it up that my pharmacy would deliver my scripts to me at home rather than me pick them up, I for the life of me could not remember my password. I also had it set up that no one, not even me, could walk into the pharmacy and pick them up either. All done on the computer. It was a bad program to begin with.

I got out of that program when I joined ESP. Now I have one password for everything. There are some sites that I hate like Facebook. So there is a slight variation to my password for there. I only go in there to look at family pics. But ever so often someone will send me a site like the Family Tree and they have set up the password. I only go there maybe once or twice a year. Sure enough I forgot the password. Had to send for it. A real simple one. And I felt very stupid. Spike knows my password. And The Pirate also. Other than the use of my one credit card, I don't store anything on my computer that is of any consequence.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:36 AM   #5014
Chef Extraordinaire

Schmeggitty //*#!%#* Yahoo Mail! All the other times they upgraded the thing you could opt out and stay with the Classic. Guess they got tired of maintaining Classic because you have only two options: upgrade or...upgrade! The new mail offers Basic or Full Featured. I first selected Basic because I figured it might be closer to the old format. Um, wrong. Apparently they made it so bad it pretty much forces you into using Full. When I switched to that it didn't seem to do what I wanted it to do. Played around a while (all I had planned on doing was checking email real quick to see if I got anything important ) and finally realized its functionality is pretty much like using their mail reader on my smartphone. Not sure how well it will work for me, but we might be able to come to a truce of some sort.

I have Google mail. For about 3 years. You would think I would have switched my contacts over to gmail but this works out easier for me to be able to glance at junk mail quickly. Gmail has been used for more important stuff.

"If you don't use your head, you gotta use your feet."~~~more Mom
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #5015
Executive Chef

So about a week and a half ago I was feeling like I was catching a cold - not happy about that ! After 3 days of doing what I always do when I catch a cold I was NOT feeling well. So a quick trip to the doc and holy crap .. I have walking pneumonia In addition to that COPD is rearing its ugly head. So I'm on antibiotics, steroids and nebulizer and inhaler treatments. I am feeling a bit better now, and DH says I have color in my face again, but I'm pretty much P.O.'d that I am so friggin' tired and weak. I am NOT a good patient but this is really kicking my rear. Guess I'm lucky DH is still here and has a tough skin. I really need to just calm down, relax and go with the flow but it's so not me to just sit around
MrsLMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #5016
Chef Extraordinaire

(((Hugs))) MrsLMB. Read a book; surf the web - look up all the stuff you don't usually want to waste time on.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #5017
Chef Extraordinaire

Well, I don't know if this is petty or major, but I'm irritated that my blood count is low again, for no apparent reason, so I have to go to the hospital for a transfusion. Sucks. On the bright side, I'll take my tablet and extension cord so I'll have plenty to read and watch. So I won't be cooking tonight See you later. I have to pack.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #5018
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Well, I don't know if this is petty or major, but I'm irritated that my blood count is low again, for no apparent reason, so I have to go to the hospital for a transfusion. Sucks. On the bright side, I'll take my tablet and extension cord so I'll have plenty to read and watch. So I won't be cooking tonight See you later. I have to pack.
Bummer. Be sure to ask the doctor if there is anything you can do to prevent this. (((Hugs)))

Good thinking about the tablet and extension cord. Will you be able to get online?
Old 07-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #5019
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm going to have to transplant some chives and parsley. The compressor of the ductless a/c I'm having installed has to go where my composter is, so it has to be moved. I knew that was likely, so I have been trying to figure out where it should go. I will move three or four feet further from the house. I want it near the water faucet for rinsing the bin I use to collect vegi scraps and used coffee grounds and tea bags. I am not looking forward to moving that composter.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #5020
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Bummer. Be sure to ask the doctor if there is anything you can do to prevent this. (((Hugs)))

Good thinking about the tablet and extension cord. Will you be able to get online?
Thanks. It's a long and complicated story, but there probably isn't anything that can be done. A med I have to take to prevent incapacitating headaches damages my small intestine, plus there are complications from another condition, etc. One of those things that can't be helped. Yes, I can get online. The hospital has a free wireless network for anyone to use. Time to go, DH is here to drive me over