Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sell at a profit, GG? :ROFLMAO: I feel sorry for anyone who bought into a new place. They have only the hope of not losing too much. Dad sold us his for $1. I think we overpaid. ;)

I hope this all works out for you. Time shares are a real pain, but we haven't had financial snafus like you're going through. It sounds, however, like you want to keep it pretty much for the sake of the family. Hope it makes it through the fires OK so you can all gather next year and be thankful for that blessing.

We have one in FL that my FIL gave us near the end of his life. More than once I've wanted to walk away from it (since, if you know anything about timeshares, they are impossible to sell off...), but Himself loves FL. Since he gave up the chance of retirement in FL to marry me, I think I can give him one week down there in exchange. [emoji813]

BTW, cute boys, Jon. Good to see them learning how to operate those Deere at an early age. ;)
If you want to swap sometime let me know. I'd like to go to Florida. My brother is in the Tampa area. You can stay in our place in Pedgion forge. LOL.

I want to click my heels together and trade places with someone.

I wish you could, too!

Remember, your Father is losing his life mate, he is angry, scared...going through the stages of grief. So are you, even if you don't see it. So we have two people with raw nerves bumping into each other daily. You need more "Me Time". Your Father's many activities, trying to keep things the way they were in the past is a coping mechanism for his grief. You both also had a recent loss and still have not recovered from that. The Holidays are the worst.

Read some Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, this site is a simple explanation, there are other sites that go into more detail.

Love ya, PM or email me when you need to, I'm here for you.

PF, Thank you for the reality check. I know all of these things...but sometimes, it really feels good to vent! I know I need more "Me Time"--and I didn't deserve to be berated for taking some on Wednesday. My other "Me Time" is between the hours of 3-5 a.m. when they are both asleep. This is the rockiest road I've had to ever walk in my life. I miss my brother so damned much, there isn't a day that doesn't go by when I don't miss him. Every time I have to say that I am dealing with the estate of xxxx pierces my heart. And, the nasty side of me told my Dad today that we should send the "Other Brother" (the one who lives 30 minutes away and hasn't had any interaction with the family since 2003) a card for Christmas telling him a donation was made to a charity in his name...

Hmmm...that idea has merit. My brother is a tea partier and pretty vocal and nasty about it, too. Maybe I should have sent in a donation to Hillary's campaign in his name.

I don't think that's your nasty side acting. Call it your practical side. You've been handed lemons. Now you're making lemonade.

Hmmm...that idea has merit. My brother is a tea partier and pretty vocal and nasty about it, too. Maybe I should have sent in a donation to Hillary's campaign in his name.

I don't think that's your nasty side acting. Call it your practical side. You've been handed lemons. Now you're making lemonade.
Thanks. I think every family has that one person...maybe that is a good way to deal with that person...give a donation to a charity and send the person a card instead of fretting over how to get the person back into the fold.

When I called to tell the Other Brother that our brother had died (I was the one who found him dead---horrible, horrible, horrible--I hope I only have to find one dead body in my lifetime, probably not), his response was "How much money did he leave me and can I have his bike." I was dealing with the fact he was dead--trying to figure out which funeral home, etc., etc. I hadn't even gotten to the point of thinking about my brother's estate and how it would be handled or how much it might be worth. I had just gotten off the phone with my Dad and Mom and having to tell them that xxxx had died.

When I called to tell the Other Brother that our brother had died (I was the one who found him dead---horrible, horrible, horrible--I hope I only have to find one dead body in my lifetime, probably not), his response was "How much money did he leave me and can I have his bike." I was dealing with the fact he was dead--trying to figure out which funeral home, etc., etc. I hadn't even gotten to the point of thinking about my brother's estate and how it would be handled or how much it might be worth. I had just gotten off the phone with my Dad and Mom and having to tell them that xxxx had died.

I hope you had the good sense to tell him no to the bike. You would be better off donating it to a charity to send to an auction house.

Please do not bring politics into this forum

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I bought a personal chicken pot pie for Pirate. He hates carrots. So he started to pick them out one by one. By the time he go through, the filling was down to 1/4. I will never buy them again. Oh, there was three pieces of chicken in there. Along with what little gravy/sauce there was.

Dear CWS,
I am so sorry for your loss and the shock you had finding him. Your other brother story reminds me of one that happened in my office. A woman's husband died, and a son flew down for the funeral. He told his mom he would be taking their new RV home with him. His mom told him she would be selling it, and he caught the next plane home.
Ben Franklin once said,"To know the true character of a person, inherit with them" So sadly true.

Dear CWS,
I am so sorry for your loss and the shock you had finding him. Your other brother story reminds me of one that happened in my office. A woman's husband died, and a son flew down for the funeral. He told his mom he would be taking their new RV home with him. His mom told him she would be selling it, and he caught the next plane home.
Ben Franklin once said,"To know the true character of a person, inherit with them" So sadly true.
So true, so true. I so do not care about the $ in my brother's or parents' estates. If you knew me, you would know that I am not about the money. Probably the best person to deal with my brother's estate because Iso don't care about the $, I want to honor him and know that he would be here taking care of our parents. . But I have to deal with my brother's estate and, I will have to deal with my parents' estates, I don't want to deal with the Other Brother.

When I finally got my Dad to change his will to remove my brother as executor (being that he is deceased), he asked me who I wanted to be co-executor with me. I named my cousin who is also my godfather. I know he will be there for me. I don't want to do it alone. again. If you haven't had this conversation with your children/family, please do so. Leaving these things to your loved ones without instructions, etc., is very, very painful for the survivors. Not only that, trying to unravel everything if you do everything electronically is almost impossible. If you love someone, please don't leave them to deal with these matters without a road map.

PF, Thank you for the reality check. I know all of these things...but sometimes, it really feels good to vent! I know I need more "Me Time"--and I didn't deserve to be berated for taking some on Wednesday. My other "Me Time" is between the hours of 3-5 a.m. when they are both asleep. This is the rockiest road I've had to ever walk in my life. I miss my brother so damned much, there isn't a day that doesn't go by when I don't miss him. Every time I have to say that I am dealing with the estate of xxxx pierces my heart. And, the nasty side of me told my Dad today that we should send the "Other Brother" (the one who lives 30 minutes away and hasn't had any interaction with the family since 2003) a card for Christmas telling him a donation was made to a charity in his name...

You are Welcome. {{hugs}}

CWS, I have been doing exactly that for the past several years. All my kids know exactly what I want them to do and who is to handle it all. Even my hospital and doctors office are aware that I wish to be an organ donor.

I hope you had the good sense to tell him no to the bike. You would be better off donating it to a charity to send to an auction house.
I told him if he wanted it, it was his, but he had to come up to Ontario to get it. I wasn't shipping it and I wasn't going to haul it to MN with me. At the time, I was still trying to figure out which funeral home to use, etc. I wasn't in a very generous mood.

I had 30 days to get everything moved. I just put everything in storage. I have to do an inventory for the estate, but I just needed to get everything moved so I could get to MN and be there for our parents. My brother's stuff will still be in storage when I am through with this part of the journey. It can wait.

I had 30 days to get everything moved. I just put everything in storage. I have to do an inventory for the estate, but I just needed to get everything moved so I could get to MN and be there for our parents. My brother's stuff will still be in storage when I am through with this part of the journey. It can wait.

Once you go through everything, you do know that Goodwill or the Salvation Army will do an Estate cleanout. You take what you want first, then they come in and take all the rest.

I would give him a time limit of when your brother can go to Ontario and pick up the bike. And when you have the time to be there also.

My husband hurt his back, so I my Christmas to do list is now swamped. I have to do the cleaning and cooking and decorating and go to the hugmyself course( which I dislike) and well I only have one body with muscle pains and it already screaming stop.

Can I pretend that jackdaw **** on the windows are snowflakes?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom