Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm bitching about how you are bitching at other members. So there.

:censored:

My point was about being helpful or supportive in the face of others' troubles.

:ermm: :huh: Um, Addie, I'm guessing you're talking about how you are in real life? :ermm: I mean, um, no offense, but I guess you feel really comfortable around us here at DC because you seem to be sharing, um, a lot of stuff that bugs you with us. Just sayin'...

The thing about internet friends is you CAN share your deepest darkest secretes with each other. You CAN share your problems. Maybe someone has been in the same place and can help. With real life friends you have to be careful. A listening ear may also be blabbing mouth. Most of us don't know each other in "real life" so I don't care if you talk about the the things I say in your circle of "real friends".

There is not really much odd stuff to talk about on this forum but over on my chicken forum. WOW there are some dumb people in this world. I mean I know there is no such thing as a stupid question but a little common sense will go a long way. Somebody actually asked this question. "Can chickens go 2 days without food and water?" Hello? Any body home?
SaveSaveSave

But you're not, and that's the real thing going on here.
You can play word games all day, but in reality you're just being mean.

Again - you're missing the point. I'm not mean. I have a low tolerance for certain behaviors. Sorry if that offends you.

Your behavior not only offends buckytom, but others also. Maybe this forum is not the one for you. Ever since I joined, you have had it in for me. I am sorry you don't like my behavior, but the one thing I do try to do is be nice to others. Not pick, pick, pick on what you perceive to be irritating behavior traits.

I don't know if you have noticed it or not, but when you come at me in what I perceive to be an attack, I very rarely respond. Most of the time I have you blocked along with a few others. But I know that you are very knowledgeable so I unblock you every so often. I find that you have a lot to contribute. I have noticed how you often take the time to provide a site with more info for the subject at hand. Not everyone will do that for strangers. You contribute a lot of excellent and helpful information to this forum. Too bad it is often tainted with sarcasm and meanness. That is not becoming to any person.

No need to respond. I am going to put you the block list again!

...This is a thread about bitching about stuff...
bt, no one is bitching that people complain. It's just that if you DO do it, own it. Don't say you aren't a complainer when it doesn't look that way at DC. That's all. :heart:

...No need to respond. I am going to put you the block list again!
Addie, if you're going to block someone, block me. I pointed out the inconsistency of your statement "I once had someone say to me, 'No matter how bad it is, you just never complain'. I had to stop and think about that. He was right." and what we see here on DC. You are a complainer, dear, so own it. Admit it! Embrace it! Let the truth set you free! And if you don't complain to people face-to-face, well good for you. And I'm sorry I started this entire mess...

The thing about internet friends is you CAN share your deepest darkest secretes with each other. You CAN share your problems....With real life friends you have to be careful. A listening ear may also be blabbing mouth. Most of us don't know each other in "real life" so I don't care if you talk about the the things I say in your circle of "real friends"....
^This^ Oh my gosh, ^THIS^! You have given me new "eyes", as the comic Gallagher would say. I will have to keep this mind when I see things that don't quite add up. Thanks. ~ By the way, cute story about the chicken. Maybe that person should become a vegetarian? :ermm:

***************** And now, time for a Board Flip:

Yes, bucky, and everyone else, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and any other blessings and peace of the season. God bless us, EVERYone. :heart:

bt, no one is bitching that people complain. It's just that if you DO do it, own it. Don't say you aren't a complainer when it doesn't look that way at DC. That's all. :heart:

I understood, but it seems to be a trend with some folks, constantly pointing out inconsistencies or short comings.

I know I do it at times, but it's often just that it struck me as funny, not that I felt a need to be someone else's moral or behavioural compass.

Unless it's funny. :angel:

Well I hate to change the subject here but its gotta be done.

So, I got these dumb ducks. They run all over the yard. Ive had them several months now. They seem to like to hang out on the south side of the house. That's where the window well for the basement egress window is. 2 evenings in a row Ive had to get these dumb ducks out of the window well so they can go back to the barn. The geese just stand there honking. Like they are saying hey dummy don't do that. But they still do. I jump in there to get them then they freak out. I'm going to have to make a fence.

Well I hate to change the subject here but its gotta be done.

So, I got these dumb ducks. They run all over the yard. Ive had them several months now. They seem to like to hang out on the south side of the house. That's where the window well for the basement egress window is. 2 evenings in a row Ive had to get these dumb ducks out of the window well so they can go back to the barn. The geese just stand there honking. Like they are saying hey dummy don't do that. But they still do. I jump in there to get them then they freak out. I'm going to have to make a fence.

Heh. Window wells remind me of one of my neighbors, years ago, who pointed out dozens of toads in it, doing what, um, toads do. She and I had never witnessed such a thing. We gave them their privacy, then she got some of those plastic window well guards. They might work for you too.

Biology lesson, Dawg. :rolleyes: The better for your guidance counseling job.

I'm guessing I won't have to kill Himself to achieve widowhood. It seems like he's determined to do it himself. :ermm:

Dumb-butt watched THREE different newscasts. Three different stations. Three different-but-same weather reports. They ALL said it was getting colder and outside surfaces would be icing up and getting slippery. Well, after insisting that we needed to get our family room tree up since we're still here, and then watching me place all the ornaments from the box on the tree (you see what he did there? Ack!), he decides to go out to look at the tree. In his slippers. Down the wooden porch steps...which he slid down earlier this year because it was (you guessed it) cold and icy. What does he do? Vwoopa on his doopa. :mad: Bounced himself on his back, his shoulder, and for good measure, a bit of his head. Refuses to go to the hospital to find out if anything is seriously damaged. Since he ate dinner just fine and can still move around, I guess I won't drag his butt to the car. But the Good Lord help him if we can't leave for OH on Monday...:glare:

Oh dear, CG! This sounds very not good! Hope Himself is OK! Sure hope you don't become a widow sooner than you think, and that you get back to Ohio before that happens!

I find if a relative is cremated, they're a lot lighter to carry around. You may yet get back to Ohio.

Last edited:
Oh dear, CG! This sounds very not good! Hope Himself is OK! Sure hope you don't become a widow sooner than you think, and that you get back to Ohio before that happens!

I find if a relative is cremated, they're a lot lighter to carry around. You may yet get back to Ohio.

ROFL!!!!! Trying to kill me!!!

I'll just mail him. Regular mail, not Priority. Not that he isn't worth it, it's just that he has never hurried for anything in his life. No sense in starting now...

Tell him he has to take everything down and LEAVE IT UP until he does, even if that's June.

Sorry, but you are going to have to fork over the big bucks. He'll have to be Express mailed and tracked.

Yesterday, we got the e-mail for the sales at Penn Dutch starting today. Veal shanks were going to be on sale. So, Craig goes over there this morning, he's there by shortly after 8 a.m. because we knew they'd sell out quickly. They have 2 packages (1 shank per), yes 2. It really torques me when companies put things on sale and then don't have ample supplies to fill demand. He went ahead and bought the 2 but it would have been nice to have a couple more.

Pirate's new insurance kicked in on January 1st. It seems that SS and the wonderful Commonwealth of Mass. deemed him to be disabled until death. Which may come sooner than he planned. We have an ER here is Eastie. Only because we are shut off from a direct route to any big hospitals without paying what for some is big bucks.

I am so sick of hearing about how bad his stomach is, how much pain in his legs and feet, etc. GO TO THE DANG ER! Nope, he has an appointment in February and that is when and only then, he will address all his health complaints.

AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY FOR ADOPTION. One run down 54 y.o. Pirate. Loves to do housework. Adopting person should be deaf!

I have this thing about my Mom being dressed in clothes that match, aren't stained, and look nice on her. I know that she is wheelchair/bedridden, but that doesn't mean she can't be in clean clothes that match. I get annoyed when the caregivers don't match her top to the bottom...I went through her closet tonight and hung the bottoms and tops that match together. I don't want anyone to ask "who dressed her? She looks like a bag lady." Why is it so hard to match the clothes? Whatever she has worn that day is put in the wash. Her clothes get washed more often than mine or my Dad's do, but why is it so hard to match things? I have taken to picking out her outfit for the next day the night before. My Mom always dressed nicely and I still want her to be dressed nicely. Is that too much to ask?

Last edited:
And aside from all else, during her lucid moments she will notice how she looks. And that is good for her spirits. Stay on it CWS. The longer her spirits are on the upside, the longer she will live. It gives her incentive to try and please.

Back
Top Bottom