"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-23-2016, 01:49 PM   #5111
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Wal-mart declines my card every time, I can use it anywhere else with no problems.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:59 PM   #5112
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

My Visa card, with an expired date, was attempted to be used in France. I've never been to France. Visa called and alerted me, and I got a new card the next day. But it was a royal pain to have to contact all my auto-pay places and change my account.

I can imagine how annoying it would be to have to do this 3 or 4 times. Once was enough.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:09 PM   #5113
Master Chef

Our main card is Discover. Been with them since 1987. I think they've had to cancel-and-reissue our cards due to fraud two or three times altogether. They also get replacement cards with a new account number to you quickly. They are quick to spot fraud, so we've never even had to be the ones to initiate investigation. Except once, and it wasn't due to fraud. Our son had lost his wallet - fell into Lake Erie while taking photos. Saved the camera, but a school of perch were eyeing that Discover card.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:19 PM   #5114
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
..... but a school of perch were eyeing that Discover card.
Had it been a Mastercard it would have been priceless...
Old 06-24-2016, 07:43 AM   #5115
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Had it been a Mastercard it would have been priceless...
ROFL!!
Old 06-24-2016, 12:35 PM   #5116
Master Chef

Had to replace card once. Called the customer service to repair lose. The first question they ask what's the card number. Had to repeat like 3 times that I lost the card and do not have the number.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking
Old 06-24-2016, 09:23 PM   #5117
Master Chef

Just about fed up dealing with AT&T and U verse.
So I decided to try their new device. A wireless base unit where you can plug your regular land line telephone into. I was able to transfer my business landline number onto this new wireless device. We'll see how this works out. Only $20/month plus taxes for unlimited domestic calls....24 month contract. I was paying over $80/month for my business, single landline service. No more of that chit....
Old 06-25-2016, 12:06 AM   #5118
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Just about fed up dealing with AT&T and U verse.
So I decided to try their new device. A wireless base unit where you can plug your regular land line telephone into. I was able to transfer my business landline number onto this new wireless device. We'll see how this works out. Only $20/month plus taxes for unlimited domestic calls....24 month contract. I was paying over $80/month for my business, single landline service. No more of that chit....
I have one of those devices for my biz phone. It's with my cell phone provider, Fido. It's been working well for me. I've had it about a year. I was paying $10/month, but they just put it up to $13/month. I get all the bells and whistles: voice mail, conference calling, unlimited Canada wide calling, etc. One really neat thing is that I can take it with me anywhere in Canada that Fido has service and it will work, with no extra charges. It's a neat feature, but I don't really see me bringing the base station and the a landline phone with me when travelling.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:48 AM   #5119
Head Chef

Quote:
We'll see how this works out. Only $20/month plus taxes for unlimited domestic calls....24 month contract.
When shopping for plans, a lot of sites show you nothing but 12 and 24 month trial plan prices and make you have to really search to find out how much it will cost after the trial period is up. Very annoying.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:58 AM   #5120
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
...but I don't really see me bringing the base station and the a landline phone with me when travelling.
Can't see why you can't dedicate a small travel bag for just that purpose. My dear MIL used to take coffee service with her when they would travel, back in the days before every motel room had a small coffee pot. She took a 4-cup hot pot, 2 cups with saucers, a coffee cone with filters for FILs coffee grounds and tea bags for her cups of tea, along with all the extras like sugar, powdered creamer, lemon juice packets...: