"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-13-2016, 12:47 PM   #5141
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Drat and double drat. It's doing it again. For the last three days, it works fine until around 11:30 am, then starts the stuttering and blocking out. I'm going to go out and look for a drone that might be causing this.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:01 PM   #5142
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Drat and double drat. It's doing it again. For the last three days, it works fine until around 11:30 am, then starts the stuttering and blocking out. I'm going to go out and look for a drone that might be causing this.
Its the Jovian scouts that will precede the invasion. They are monitoring the television signal that normally would stream to your antenna, and absorbing all of the RF energy. Be aware. Martians dissect you, study you, then put you back together and send you back home. Jovians eat humans. Lock your doors, windows, and all places where they could cane entrance to your home. Use titanium shutters, and place titanium bars on your stink tube (on the roof), and chimney. I'm telling ya, Jovians may be diminutive in size, but that's because the gravity of Jupiter is so much greater than that of our own planet, they need to be rediculously strong, and small, just to be able to stand up. On earth, that stregth allows the average Jovian the ability to life an elephant, with one hand.

Be afraid, my freind. Be very afraid. Muahahahahahaha.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:26 PM   #5143
Honey Badger

Quote:
Something is going on. We have Roku. With it Sling and other channels as well. For the last few weeks we've been having the same problems as you.
Channels don't work, slow to load. We end up watching a DVD.

The last time we had Direct tv here to install a new dish was the last time.
I had to call my husband at work to tell him this guy doesn't want to do his job. He's telling me what to do in a not so nice way. Very arrogant person. Hubby insisted I put that guy on the phone.
So I dd. By the time that conversation was over, not only did the guy have a new happy attitude he did his job.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:30 PM   #5144
Sous Chef

Since it's illegal to shoot, capture, or harm a drone that's spying on you and since they all have cameras attached to them to see who you are, the best thing to do is go out and get a Megadrone, armed with torpedoes and giant claws.

Megadrone will actively engage with any trespassing drone and finish it off, including disabling the camera, so you can safely approach and pick up the invader and throw it out.

I can see Youtube now. Instead of having all those MIT students building robots that fight in a ring, drone wars will soon be on the air.

note: there is no such thing as Megadrone. Yet.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:38 PM   #5145
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Since it's illegal to shoot, capture, or harm a drone that's spying on you and since they all have cameras attached to them to see who you are, the best thing to do is go out and get a Megadrone, armed with torpedoes and giant claws.

Megadrone will actively engage with any trespassing drone and finish it off, including disabling the camera, so you can safely approach and pick up the invader and throw it out.

I can see Youtube now. Instead of having all those MIT students building robots that fight in a ring, drone wars will soon be on the air.

note: there is no such thing as Megadrone. Yet.

I'm a deadeye with my pellet gun. It will never see what's coming. Along with any Jovians.

Now the satellite is working perfectly fine after a big storm!
Old 07-13-2016, 06:11 PM   #5146
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I'm a deadeye with my pellet gun. It will never see what's coming. Along with any Jovians.

Now the satellite is working perfectly fine after a big storm!
I have no doubt that any drone in your neighborhood is in mortal danger. Then as it lies on the ground dead, Beagle can finish it off for you.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:53 PM   #5147
Master Chef

Quote:
...Now the satellite is working perfectly fine after a big storm!
I guess all you needed was a little atmospheric cleaning? Dust all gone=radio waves get through. :)
Old 07-13-2016, 06:59 PM   #5148
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I guess all you needed was a little atmospheric cleaning? Dust all gone=radio waves get through. :)

We shall see at 11:30 am tomorrow!
Old 07-13-2016, 07:16 PM   #5149
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
Its the Jovian scouts that will precede the invasion. They are monitoring the television signal that normally would stream to your antenna, and absorbing all of the RF energy. Be aware. Martians dissect you, study you, then put you back together and send you back home. Jovians eat humans. Lock your doors, windows, and all places where they could cane entrance to your home. Use titanium shutters, and place titanium bars on your stink tube (on the roof), and chimney. I'm telling ya, Jovians may be diminutive in size, but that's because the gravity of Jupiter is so much greater than that of our own planet, they need to be rediculously strong, and small, just to be able to stand up. On earth, that stregth allows the average Jovian the ability to life an elephant, with one hand.

Be afraid, my freind. Be very afraid. Muahahahahahaha.
Here, Chief. This should help.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:03 AM   #5150
Master Chef

Some 25 years ago, I got a free alarm clock for opening checking account. Simple radio easy to use, no problem for 15-maybe 16 years. Finally it gave up. Listen how much can you expect from free clock, right? Was very happy with it. Next one lasted maybe 4-5 years, also easy to use, also no problem, outside the fact that it cost $20 and did not last even the half time of the free one. Ok, fine, 20 bucks, I can handle that. From then on it's been a disaster. Not only we cannot find alarm clock that works normally, none of what we have bought was normal. Either the sound was weird, practically all of them required a PHD to set it up and operate, none, none of them had a simple OFF button, the last one is so light/bright, it is almost as it was a day light in the room, impossible to sleep, had to return next day. What the flippity flip, flip, flip is going on. It is an alarm clock not a nuclear reactor, why can't they make it simple clock. Grrrrr......

Beware of Amazon Prime free deal. I did not even realised that I sign for it until I got credit card bill. Good thing the CC guy gave me Amazon number to call and cancel it. That went without problem, but if I did not get the number from CC I could not find it on the site.