Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know of anyone here who uses the "Thanks" button. Seems rather useless to me. Maybe it could be replaced with a +1 or some such button.

I don't know of anyone here who uses the "Thanks" button. Seems rather useless to me. Maybe it could be replaced with a +1 or some such button.
How would you know if people are using the thanks button, unless they thank you? It sends a private message to the person.

Yup... Not knowing my way around the forum, I accidently came across a place which had 2 thanks for posts I'd made.. I thought, "hmmm..how would I'd have known if not by accident?" :O)

Yup... Not knowing my way around the forum, I accidently came across a place which had 2 thanks for posts I'd made.. I thought, "hmmm..how would I'd have known if not by accident?" :O)

There is a menu item called "User CP" in the blue bar at the top of the page.

There is a menu item called "User CP" in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Thank you Andy... That's how I found the "Thanks" messages.. I spent a bit of time clicking on everything in "User CP"... I've always been of the opinion that directions should be read AFTER a messup... :angel:

Ross

If all else fails, read the directions. Right, Ross? ;) That's how we roll in our house.

I use it often, but not as a just a "click". Since a "compose" line opens when you click "Thanks", I use it as a quick way to send a few words to that member instead of going into Personal Messages and write something lengthy. If the receiver wants to continue a conversation, they then send a reply to me. If they don't, that's fine. Sometimes a quicky thought doesn't need to be posted as an in-thread comment and clutter it up.

Wish there was a way that you could have blood work done without having a horrid bruise when they TRIED to get the blood AND where they ENDED UP getting the blood from.

Drink plenty of water before a blood draw. This will make sure you are well hydrated and get fewer pokes trying to find a vein that will give.

Drink plenty of water before a blood draw. This will make sure you are well hydrated and get fewer pokes trying to find a vein that will give.

Thanks for the reminder. I have an appointment Monday and I just know Dracula is going to want his due. I am so bad when it comes to water. For me it is coffee, coffee, coffee.

If my memory serves me correctly.The coffee jolt hasn't really kicked in yet.

Anyways RE: the Thanks button.It was implemented years ago after a member here Timothy requested it.He has since passed away.
People were all for it at the time.

Personally the +1's can drive me crazy.It gets to be too repetitive.
I'm not a Fake book fan, never will be.

Thanks for the reminder. I have an appointment Monday and I just know Dracula is going to want his due. I am so bad when it comes to water. For me it is coffee, coffee, coffee.

Remember, for every cup of coffee, you have to drink 1 and 1/2 cups of water to replace fluids that are lost. Coffee has a diuretic effect.

I like it when my patients drink plenty of water, means I don't have to go looking and drilling for a gusher. 3 pokes, no joy and I am out, someone else has to do the draw, by then the patient and I have lost confidence in my ability to do a blood draw. Patients need to do their part and be well hydrated so the healthcare worker can do their job efficiently and effectively.

Princess: I promise you will never have to draw my blood, my arms refuse to give any blood so it has to be down in the hand, which a child size needle and even that might not work.

Oh, I hate doing the hands...that hurts. I know from experience, too many nurses go for the hands before other less painful options.

Back
Top Bottom