Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the butterfly needles - and I forgot to mention that the girl who did my blood work Friday mentioned, as I was getting ready to leave, that I was her first unsupervised blood draw. :ermm:

Someone always has to be the first:) Thank you for giving her her first experience on her own and how nice it was successful.

Here's my "Petty Vent":

Passwords for websites.

I tend to like to use just a few passwords for the websites and email addresses I use. This keeps memorization to a minimum. That worked for quite a few years. But then, websites started getting more strict on what was allowed and not allowed and what was required. You have to use special characters on this one but you can't on that one. This one has to be 11 characters at a minimum, that one has a maximum of 8. So, now I have to keep a spreadsheet of all my user IDs and passwords.

And, now, a lot of websites won't let you use actual words in your password. So, before, I would use a word that has meaning to me, but wouldn't be something anyone else would necessarily think of. (For a while, I was using the word "Incremental" in my passwords, and then adding a number, just because that word popped into my head when I was trying to come up with a password.) Nope, can't use it in a lot of passwords now. It's found in the dictionary, so it's off-limits.

Now, you have to read a whole litany of instructions to even pick a password: "You must use one uppercase letter, two lowercase letters, a number, a special character, a haiku, a hieroglyph, two gang signs and the blood of a virgin....."

I know. I'm running out of sources for virgin blood, and continually have to brush up on my hieroglyphics.

I know. I'm running out of sources for virgin blood, and continually have to brush up on my hieroglyphics.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

The longest term solution that seems to work the best is to get a 3x5 inch spiral notebook, one for each computer/person in the family. Write down the login name and password, labeling it for each site. As you change passwords later, cross off the old and put in the new one. Keep the notebook out of sight of the computer and if you travel carry it in a separate place from your laptop. This is what we did for those at our company and this is what we do at home too. Someone besides the owner of the spiral notebook should know it exists, if for no other reason, in case the owner dies, so that the accts can be closed.

I have a notebook for this that is 5 years old, half the accounts are crossed out, don't use them anymore. It's about time to get a new one, putting the most used accts at the beginning and the phone numbers at the end.

The best solution of all is to get password management software. I've been using Roboform for many years, on my PCs, tablets and phones. It synchronizes among all of them and generates random passwords with parameters you specify. It's encrypted and you access all your saved passwords (and credit cards and contact information, if you like) with one master password. It can even fill in online forms and submit them for you. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
My coffee maker, the stove, bread maker, and other items in my home that have a control panel. The background is grey and the numbers are black. I wish they would put the background white with black numbers. Or put a light in the background. Something to make the numbers standout. I keep my mini flashlight in the kitchen so I can read the numbers. Grrrrr!

All your needle stories...
Once while hospitalized a young intern/nurse/someone in a white coat was trying to insert an IV into the back of my hand. That big ole vein just kept bouncing away from the needle. The poor guy was having such a hard time I could tell he was getting nervous and worried about hurting me.

It didn't help I was being a backseat driver... 'push a little to the left, no - no - go ahead, more - more, you're gonna get it!' I, in my stupidity
innocence, I thought I was helping and didn't realize I was making it worse for him til I looked up and saw how clammy white his face was.

I never saw him again while I was there... wonder if he decided he just wasn't cut out for the medical world. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

All your needle stories...

Once while hospitalized a young intern/nurse/someone in a white coat was trying to insert an IV into the back of my hand. That big ole vein just kept bouncing away from the needle. The poor guy was having such a hard time I could tell he was getting nervous and worried about hurting me.

It didn't help I was being a backseat driver... 'push a little to the left, no - no - go ahead, more - more, you're gonna get it!' I, in my stupidity

innocence, I thought I was helping and didn't realize I was making it worse for him til I looked up and saw how clammy white his face was.

I never saw him again while I was there... wonder if he decided he just wasn't cut out for the medical world. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Ha! The one and only time I was ever hospitalized, years ago, for arm pain that I thought might be a heart attack, four nurses and two doctors couldn't find a vein. They kept digging and blowing them out. They finally called a pro off the golf course to come in. I should have asked him if he washed his hands, I don't think he did.

Okay. You asked for it.

The EMT like you had trouble finding a vein. While the vehicle was going over pot holes galore. But he found one in the back of my hand. I got into the Emergency Room and the nurse came over to finish admitting me. She looked at the IV and stated, "I don't like the looks of that IV or where they placed it." It felt fine to me. I told her my skin has lost all its collagen and was very fragile. She proceeded to just RIP the whole thing off my hand, not only taking the needle with it, but a hunk of flesh. I refused to let her finish. I screamed for a supervisor or doctor. That hole where my flesh had been, bled for three days. I considered filing a formal complaint with the hospital, but changed my mind. Just keep that nurse away from me. The hospital contacted me about a month later letting me know that after a review, the nurse was dismissed.

I have a very white scar over that vein now and the vein has been reduced to being useless.

The best solution of all is to get password management software. I've been using Roboform for many years, on my PCs, tablets and phones. It synchronizes among all of them and generates random passwords with parameters you specify. It's encrypted and you access all your saved passwords (and credit cards and contact information, if you like) with one master password. It can even fill in online forms and submit them for you. Highly recommended.
I was going to suggest password management software. I use PasswordSafe. Like Roboform, it will generate passwords with the parameters you specify and you can store notes and other info along with the password. I usually list any security questions and the answers. It has a field to store the URL of the site where the password will be used. It can sync to other devices, but I haven't tried that. The master password is so long that I don't want to try entering it on my phone. :ermm:

And if you do get a password manager, don't forget to back up the file with the passwords in it.

I have a very funny meme about the annoyance of the rules for making up a password. I would post it, but it has some foul language. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll send it as a PM.

I have a very funny meme about the annoyance of the rules for making up a password. I would post it, but it has some foul language. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll send it as a PM.

Like:
Your password must be so many eight to ten figures or letters long. It must contain 5 numbers, and 4 symbols such as !@#$%^&*() along with one upper case letter and one lower case.

I have a bad habit of reading the rules after they reject my first try.

f
Like:
Your password must be so many eight to ten figures or letters long. It must contain 5 numbers, and 4 symbols such as !@#$%^&*() along with one upper case letter and one lower case.

I have a bad habit of reading the rules after they reject my first try.

I have one of those 6"x 5" $1.99 spiral notebooks you can buy anywhere and I jot down that kind of info in it. That little notebook is probably more valuable than anything I own. There's some sensitive info in that little spiral notebook. :ohmy:

Last edited:
I'm not going to tell how many times I've terrorized by idiots in white coats to the point that I fainted. Nowadays I tell them right away what's going on and they still full around.

Why, oh why must this area be famous for baked goods with baking ammonia?
My sinuses are now clear , my eyes sting and I smell weird. Ugh, oh well customers got happy at least.

Talking about blood draws - my DSis has veins so small they have to use the top of the foot if she is in the hospital for a procedure. Does fine with butterfly needles for just blood draws.

This isn't really a vent. Maybe it is. Oh, just go with it.

I felt as though I was unjustly judged yesterday.
The comment made to me "You dissed us" was really uncalled for.Cheap shot! I bit my cheek to keep the peace, said nothing.Took the high road.
At that point I couldn't help ignorance.

Long story short. If Mr.Munky had felt he needed me to go to all of his Therapy sessions he would tell me so. I'd be more than happy to do what it takes for his stroke recovery. Our youngest son has been taking him.

I stayed home doing things that I can't do when Mr Munk is home.
Like yard work a lot of it to. Making sure the house is kept up all around.
Prepping his meals in advance so on and so on.

Yeah, I'm a lazy wife that sits around all day watching tv.

Glad that pretty soon we won't have to be dealing with all of these supposed "Professionals" with their own axes to grind attitudes.
Nazi's!

Last edited:
I feel like I can speak for so many of the members here when I say that we remember the fight you put up for Mr. Munky. There is a reason you have the name of Honey Badger under your name. If it hadn't been for your love of your husband, and the fight you put up for his well being, it is just possible that he would not be here with his family today.

Lazy? I hardly think so. Trips back and forth to the hospital. In the meantime you had a home and children to clean and cook for.

Lazy? I doubt it very much. All the time and effort gave to learn his medical needs when he was released. And then while still taking care of your home and children.

Lazy? Someone must be out of their mind if they think that. Taking care of a very ill husband, taking over all the responsibilities that once were his. Plus still doing a great job of caring for him, your home and your children.

Is there anyone in this forum who would like to try and do what you have been through these past months and still be standing? I doubt it. I used to get exhausted just reading about your days when DH was so desperately ill. I am so glad that he is doing so well. I can now catch my breath and get some rest.

One for DH :angel: and one for you! :angel: You both deserve an angel who is looking down on you with love and care.

Back
Top Bottom