"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #5251
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Our Target used to sell Fleishman's pizza crust yeast. It was the best thing ever if you did not have time, but wanted to make a pizza. All it took was half an hour from start to finish and Pizza was done. I cannot find it any more, not anywhere in town. Too bad.
Charlie,

Have you tried Fleischmann's RapidRise Yeast?

I prefer the regular active yeast, the rapid rise is great if you are in a hurry.
__________________

__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:11 AM   #5252
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 20,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
Addie - can you tell me who ATK might be?



Well Charlie, while I may or may not agree with you, this is a little old lady on a very limited income. She gets what she can afford and she happens to love her pots and pans. They clean up very easily for her and with her fragile and weak hands that is a wonderful thing.

I just think it's very sad and pathetic that a company this big seems to have no real concern for the very people who keep money coming into their pockets.
ATK = American Test Kitchen
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:13 AM   #5253
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 20,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Geez I could just kick my self HARD! Just scorched my husbands uniforms while ironing them.

Note to self check setting twice before starting!!!!

Trying the hydrogen peroxide/water method to try and remove it.
If not who's adopting?
Hey if I can take in all the animals my youngest daughter used to bring home, I can make room for you also. You will find all the love and sympathy you could possibly need on the second shelf over the coffee maker.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #5254
Master Chef
 
CharlieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA,Minnesota
Posts: 9,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Geez I could just kick my self HARD! Just scorched my husbands uniforms while ironing them.

Note to self check setting twice before starting!!!!

Trying the hydrogen peroxide/water method to try and remove it.
If not who's adopting?
Better yet do not iron his uniforms. ;-)
__________________
You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #5255
Master Chef
 
CharlieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA,Minnesota
Posts: 9,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post

Addie - can you tell me who ATK might be?

Well Charlie, while I may or may not agree with you, this is a little old lady on a very limited income. She gets what she can afford and she happens to love her pots and pans. They clean up very easily for her and with her fragile and weak hands that is a wonderful thing.

I just think it's very sad and pathetic that a company this big seems to have no real concern for the very people who keep money coming into their pockets.
Sadly they take advantage of people like you. Sad.
__________________
You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #5256
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 20,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Better yet do not iron his uniforms. ;-)
Doesn't his company provide free laundry service for his uniforms?
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #5257
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,809
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Danged wrist is hurting more. The new topical anti-inflammatory only works for about 2 hours and only does a half arsed job at that. And I bought the wrong kind of flapper for my toilet. Not a happy camper.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #5258
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Danged wrist is hurting more. The new topical anti-inflammatory only works for about 2 hours and only does a half arsed job at that. And I bought the wrong kind of flapper for my toilet. Not a happy camper.
Oh no. Aww, Taxy, feel better soon! Hope you can find the right flapper. {{{hugs}}}

When you get it, let Stirling change it!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #5259
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 20,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post

Better yet do not iron his uniforms. ;-)
Agree 100%! I refused to iron DH's Navy uniforms. I wasn't the one who joined up!
__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #5260
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,809
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh no. Aww, Taxy, feel better soon! Hope you can find the right flapper. {{{hugs}}}

When you get it, let Stirling change it!
Thanks Dawg.

I would feel silly asking Stirling to do it. It's got to be the simplest plumbing job ever. I just slip the old flapper off two little posts; slip the new one in place; and attach the chain to the handle lever. Takes no effort at all with the kind of flapper I have. The one I bought would have been a little more complicated - it needs to be slipped on over the overflow tube.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.