Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Always report a no call/no show. That is considered neglect and they may be endangering others folks, who cannot report, who need the help more than you.

Thank you PF. I have already typed up my complaint to hand in and to be attached to the formal complaint. I have to go in to Winthrop for my monthly vitals checkup. They will have 30 days to investigate and respond. You make a valid point. There have been a couple of times when I really needed to have the visiting nurse come. One was when I had the Noro Virus. The other was when I fell in the kitchen when my apartment got flooded. I caught my arm right on the corner of the cabinet and tore the whole bottom of my arm. It is really hard to bandage yourself with one hand and still try to keep the field sterile. The nurse showed Pirate how to bandage my arm daily and do it properly.

Plantains

I've not really done very much with plantains but I have had a couple of great success'... and a couple of disasters...

I guess you could call this one a disaster, sigh...
img_1506073_0_34757b41b51e1d12b1fdad27b6bb36ee.jpg

I thought it was ripening but it was really just "desiccating!"

Always report a no call/no show. That is considered neglect and they may be endangering others folks, who cannot report, who need the help more than you.

I turned in my formal complaint. And my nurse also asked me if any of the nurses had communicated with me. Nope! Neither nurse. She even used the two words "unforgiveable" and "unprofessionable." Two words I never thought I would hear from another nurse.

So the good news is that when I talked to her on Tuesday about the no-shows, she herself filed a formal complaint also. Now they have two people filing one.

Nicole also explained to me that the visiting nurses yearly home visits are not scheduled by ESP. But that when it is time for an evaluation, ESP sends a request to them to schedule a home visit once a year. When I let her know about the no-show of the first one, she sent them a second request. This time for a change, the problem is not with ESP, but someone else.

And my blood pressure has gone down. At least for today. When they first checked it this morning, it was sky high. The nurse told me calm down, take some deep breaths and she would be back in a minute or so. I followed her advice, BP back to normal.

Petty vent. At $9.99 a lb. flank steak has gotten awfully fatty lately. I'm not talking about the fat on the outside that you can trim off, but rather how many more lines of fat run thruout the inside that you can't remove. There used to be less lines of fat inside.

:(

Last edited:
About spare tyres, here in the UK there are lots of cars without one. You get a tyre repair kit with your new car. The kit consists of a tube of special glue, which ends up ruining the tyre. Hubby and I know that from experience. He ended up buying a spare tyre.

Gillian

Crappity. I guess I bounced something off the screen of my cellphone while cooking - I had it on the kitchen counter while listening to the baseball game so I can have the volume turned low enough so Himself doesn't hear it in the living room. Normally this is not a problem. Today? Well, let's just say if we can't find a tech that can replace the screen on a Samsung S5 phone I'm gonna need a new one. :( On the plus side, I hadn't gotten around to setting up the personal ringtones for my favorite people...

I have a problem... I can't seem to leave the house and come back without having spent about $300. or more. :(

I have no self-control... Dentist can't be helped, $185.00 and that was just the visit and cleaning and no, I don't have insurance, darling ex cancelled it.

Then I went to the grocer... $140.++. When all I really :glare: needed was about $40 worth.

Remember I mentioned I needed one of those ankle bracelets that set off an alarm should I go into a grocer? :angel:

Now some of the groceries are for supper on Fri when the grandkids, etal, are coming for Easter dinner so that's OK, Grandparental rights to spoil. (Ex happens to be coming too... hmmm, wonder what I can hide a Ghost Pepper in.)

Grrr. Racists have been translating "joik" or "jojk" in Swedish into "joke" and "jerk" and "jail" in Google Translate. Joik is the traditional Sámi way of singing. I know this was from racists because all the translations of words and phrases are from volunteers. I was tired, so instead of reading an article in Swedish, I had Google translate it into English for me and found those translations of the word "jojk". I'm working on letting Google know that this is unacceptable.

Here's Sofia Jannok joiking and singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPqKAuzo0tk

Across the street WAS a beautiful Weeping Willow Tree. At least three stories high. I always loved watching it when we would get a high wind storm. The branches just seemed to be growing sideways. Unfortunately that tree was doing more damage to their property than enhancing it. During the last windy storm, one of the branches that was hovering over the roof, the tip got caught under a shingle and took off some of the shingles. Last year one of the really low branches got caught in the fence and took out the fence with it when the wind changed direction, and after every storm there was always broken branches laying in the street creating a driving hazard. There was more damage to property and tree over the years. Little by little as I watched it, I knew its demise was coming. This year was the year.

But I am still sad to see that beautiful old lady go. The top branches were totally dead. It was time for her to go. Now the residents have full light coming into their home. They hung on to the old girl as long as they could.

Can you tell I am a tree hunger?

Across the street WAS a beautiful Weeping Willow Tree. At least three stories high. I always loved watching it when we would get a high wind storm. The branches just seemed to be growing sideways. Unfortunately that tree was doing more damage to their property than enhancing it. During the last windy storm, one of the branches that was hovering over the roof, the tip got caught under a shingle and took off some of the shingles. Last year one of the really low branches got caught in the fence and took out the fence with it when the wind changed direction, and after every storm there was always broken branches laying in the street creating a driving hazard. There was more damage to property and tree over the years. Little by little as I watched it, I knew its demise was coming. This year was the year.

But I am still sad to see that beautiful old lady go. The top branches were totally dead. It was time for her to go. Now the residents have full light coming into their home. They hung on to the old girl as long as they could.

Can you tell I am a tree hunger?

I love trees, too. I love the shade on a hot day, the sound of the wind blowing through them, and seeing birds and squirrels and other wildlife in them -- and they just look good, IMO.

Weeping willows don't last long, relatively speaking -- especially here in North Texas.

I have a beautiful Live Oak in my backyard, and a very nice Cedar Elm in the front yard. They are both native to North Texas, and should be around longer than I am around. I have them professionally pruned every winter to keep them storm-ready.

CD

I love trees, too. I love the shade on a hot day, the sound of the wind blowing through them, and seeing birds and squirrels and other wildlife in them -- and they just look good, IMO.

Weeping willows don't last long, relatively speaking -- especially here in North Texas.

I have a beautiful Live Oak in my backyard, and a very nice Cedar Elm in the front yard. They are both native to North Texas, and should be around longer than I am around. I have them professionally pruned every winter to keep them storm-ready.

CD

There is another old oak tree right across the street, growing up from the narrow sidewalk. The branch on the very bottom of the tree, instead of growing up reaching for the sun, it has grown out beyond the branches above it. The branch is old and gnarly. You have to either try to duck under it or step out into the street to get by. Fortunately for the tree, the neighbors have been successful over the year in preventing the city from chopping the branch off.

The tree is now so old, that it has become historical. So the city can't chop it down or harm it in any way. It is full of birds nests. And even though there are hundreds of squirrels living in this part of the city, they stay away from that tree and leave the birds alone. Most of them are chickadees. Our State bird.

Whenever I am feel low, I look out at the window at that tree and it always lifts me up. If it can last as long as it has, I too can keep going.

In December, I had a vitreous separation of the macula, which left large floaters in my left eye. Yesterday I was in to the ophthalmologist again for the same thing with the same result, only for the right eye this time, and it's a little bit worse. GAH! Now I feel like I'm looking through dirty glasses all day long.:mad:

In December, I had a vitreous separation of the macula, which left large floaters in my left eye. Yesterday I was in to the ophthalmologist again for the same thing with the same result, only for the right eye this time, and it's a little bit worse. GAH! Now I feel like I'm looking through dirty glasses all day long.:mad:
:ohmy:
Does that run in your family? I hope it gets better quickly. It sounds scary.

Every place we look at to buy seems to be bought from underneath us. This last one today there were no other offers when we saw it, we were at the end of the open house, our realtor never mentioned we would be writing an offer and he put it in right at the time specified. They didn't even look at it apparently (and it was a strong offer). They took another one.

The other one we liked today had 12 families (including us) go through the open house in the first half hour of a 2 hour showing. There will be another one on Monday with offers taken Tuesday night at 7 pm. We will have to have a subject to get our dog approved and even though we are willing to go well over the asking price, the fact that we have any subjects will probably kill it.

And it is 6 blocks further out from where we currently live. We want to live closer to TB's family and his work.

The stress is starting to come out physically in the way of (even more) pain for me.

:mad:

The stress is starting to come out physically in the way of (even more) pain for me.

:mad:

In addition to glutten, dairy, sugar, fat and caffeine free, I hope you didn't go alcohol free, because it sounds like you could use a drink. :LOL:

I hope you find a new place, soon.

CD

:ohmy:
Does that run in your family? I hope it gets better quickly. It sounds scary.

Not as far as I know. My mother is 87, she hasn't even had her glassed changed in 20 years and she's always making fun of how bad my eyes are. Of course, she doesn't look at a computer screen all day, either.

It's nothing bad - my understanding is it happens to people as they age. It's just very, very annoying.

In addition to glutten, dairy, sugar, fat and caffeine free, I hope you didn't go alcohol free, because it sounds like you could use a drink. :LOL:

I hope you find a new place, soon.

CD

Thanks, CD for the laugh. I actually went alcohol-free first! It reacts with all the pain meds. But you are right. A drink would be nice at times like this.

And thanks, I hope we find something soon as well...or we might be bunking in with the in-laws.:ohmy::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom