"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-08-2016, 04:55 PM   #5301
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Now I'm needing recs for good replacement fridges.
Take a look at K'girl's thread on that last year.

You won't want a rec from me, since I have the same make and model you do although we purchased ours in 2007. We've never had any problems with it.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #5302
Certified Pretend Chef

I'm in the process of changing ISPs. Every time I've changed in the past (or the ISP has changed its own name) I've had to send out emails to all my contacts notifying them of the change and log into all the sites SO and I are registered at to change our emails there. I finally got smart and signed up for Gmail accounts to maintain some continuity in the future.

My beef is this. Why is it that commercial and entertainment sites allow you to change your email address then don't have the processes in place to make that transition a smooth one? There are several sites where I couldn't effectively make a change so I logged in with new credentials. One site has me locked out and will not respond to my tech support emails asking them for help.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:09 PM   #5303
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I'm in the process of changing ISPs. Every time I've changed in the past (or the ISP has changed its own name) I've had to send out emails to all my contacts notifying them of the change and log into all the sites SO and I are registered at to change our emails there. I finally got smart and signed up for Gmail accounts to maintain some continuity in the future.

My beef is this. Why is it that commercial and entertainment sites allow you to change your email address then don't have the processes in place to make that transition a smooth one? There are several sites where I couldn't effectively make a change so I logged in with new credentials. One site has me locked out and will not respond to my tech support emails asking them for help.
Because they don't seem to give a rat's arse about standards. It should be simple. People have been changing email addresses practically since the beginning of the internet.

Reminds me of one of my pet peeves. There is a standard that when you sign up for something where you will receive email, they are supposed to send an email to that email address to verify that you gave the correct email address. Simple, they put a link and you click it or copy it into your browser or sometimes it's reply to the email. Other people sign up for stuff with my email address all. the. time. Most of the places don't verify the email address. There are two that I get nearly daily updates of someone else's stuff. I phoned. They won't take me off their email list because I don't have the password for the service I didn't sign up for.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:32 AM   #5304
Head Chef

Taxy, you could possibly just tag those emails as Junk and they would automatically start going there.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:40 AM   #5305
Head Chef

Dawglover, I wouldn't call a broken fridge where you 'HAVE TO' buy a new one, a "petty" vent! I would call it a major one!

What is the cost of repairing the drawer? Perhaps you should go with that and just turn off the tap to the ice maker. I had one in a new fridge but we finally disconnected it. The water supply was yechy, not so much for the ice maker but for the water spout tap thingy in the door. The filter had to be constantly changed it. Made the water smell bad and I was afraid it would affect the ice as well. Never missed it. Just filled our trays the old fashioned way.

So you perhaps have a choice, repair costs and no ice maker. Or cost of shopping and chance of needing reno's to the cupboard again. Just sayin'
Old 10-09-2016, 06:55 AM   #5306
Sous Chef

ARGH! Ugh! And I have frying pan to my face please? I just got banned from a forum for suggesting a person to go to ER. It was out of line, since that wasnt what the person asked for.. hehum, bleeding and pussy wounds do need medical attention, not hot water and bicard .

*sigh*

I will just add this up to the list of weird reason I been banned, I am not sure it trumps not liking American beers or having ketchup on sausage ( normal in Sweden by the way).
Old 10-09-2016, 08:08 AM   #5307
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Fingers crossed that your "sick" is all gone while the weather is still nice.

Thank you. Certainly hope so here. I get this cough if I catch a cold in the winter and then nothing helps. I cough whole winter. Nothing helps. Doctor thinks that I am allergic to cold. I asked him to write prescription: "Move to Florida " and insist insurance pay for it. But it is yet to happen.
The older I get the harder it is to deal with cold weather. And I was born and raised in cold weather. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking
Old 10-09-2016, 08:17 AM   #5308
Head Chef

Cakepoet,
If it's a forum you really enjoy, perhaps you could appeal to the admin. It obviously sounds like it was the OP who filed a complaint.

Some people just can't take helpful suggestions of other methods, especially fi it is only confirmation and sanctification (think I just made up a new word?) to what they are already doing. They were certainly not looking for perceived negative thoughts.

No harm in hot water and Bicarb, but just be prepared to head for the ER if or when it doesn/t work.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:24 AM   #5309
Sous Chef

dragnlaw: The puss is green and the wound is about 2 inches across according to the person and hasnt stopped bleeding since the boil broke two days ago. To me that isnt bicard and water time, that is ER.

Well I will wait for Monday morning and see what happens because now they banned their only OP for the food board.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:29 AM   #5310
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Mine's a Maytag. Soon to be an ex-Maytag. French doors, bottom freezer. Bought it in 2010, and it's no longer under warranty.

We have size restrictions, as there's an overhead cabinet in a built-in space. I'd have to remove the whole cupboard in order to fit a bigger fridge in the space, and I'd already cut off 3 inches from the bottom of the cabinet.

Now I'm needing recs for good replacement fridges.
I too have size restrictions and had to remove a built in, overhead cupboard. But the fridge is working well, and I found a place to relocate the cupboard. I hope you find a fridge that will work well for you.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote