"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-11-2016, 05:31 PM   #5341
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Great advice, Chief. DH is very impatient. Guess I'll be going on a road trip. We don't have a good appliance store in our little town, we used to have a Sears and a Penneys, but no longer.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:41 PM   #5342
Master Chef

I had shingles in the month of July, thank goodness they only lasted about a month. I had read that they can stay with you for a year. Well, this week I have been getting a few on the back of my hair line and on and in my ear again. I am happy to say that it seems to be a mild case this time and very little pain. Can't wait for them to be gone again.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:47 PM   #5343
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

Oh dear. Shingles are awful. Had them.

I need to get the vaccine, but they won't cover it here until you're 60+.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:56 AM   #5344
Sous Chef

I love you all here and you all sweet. And this not against any of you at all but here it goes anyway.

I have a group of American friends, they all over the place, I got to know them through food. BUT I am ready to strangle them all, it is to the point of over barely PC, you are not allowed to offended any one unless they none Americans or Muslims.

If they dont understand something, they will either see it as threat to their American way or perversion or rude. They refuse to google or realize there is more to history then they where taught in School.

I have now been scolded by 5 of these for being a pervert and all I did was a reference to the Picts / na Cruithnich. Oh and they are also made up , they where never real... *SIGH*

Thank God you all exist , at least you have brains and no how to use them!
Old 10-13-2016, 11:17 AM   #5345
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Brains? Brraaaiiins....(insert favorite Zombie joke here)

We are glad to be here for you CakePoet!
Old 10-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #5346
Sous Chef

Today qoute> If it isnt in the bible it hasnt happened...

And this was not a joke, so this means WWI or WWII has ever happened, nor USA.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:11 PM   #5347
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakePoet View Post
I love you all here and you all sweet. And this not against any of you at all but here it goes anyway.

I have a group of American friends, they all over the place, I got to know them through food. BUT I am ready to strangle them all, it is to the point of over barely PC, you are not allowed to offended any one unless they none Americans or Muslims.

If they dont understand something, they will either see it as threat to their American way or perversion or rude. They refuse to google or realize there is more to history then they where taught in School.

I have now been scolded by 5 of these for being a pervert and all I did was a reference to the Picts / na Cruithnich. Oh and they are also made up , they where never real... *SIGH*

Thank God you all exist , at least you have brains and no how to use them!
I have been many places in the world and have found very good people in every country/nation I have visited, who were warm and friendly, and treated me like a true friend. I have also seen the bad in every country/nation I have visited, and known enough to stay away from them. The U.S. si the same. Some of us are great people, who would give their right arm to help someone, or make them feel welcome, no matter the religion, race, or nationality. And others, well they look to blame anyone not in their tight little circle of causing all the wrongs of the world, or maybe even they want to cause the wrongs in the world. Fortunately, almost everywhere, the good are in far greater numbers than the bad.

I'm sorry you got flamed on other boards by people who use ignorance as a crutch to behave badly.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:51 PM   #5348
Head Chef

CakePoet, I think I will not be the first to suggest that this group is not a group you should stay with...

If I were you I would just bow out - don't even say good-bye. Less said, better off you are. Do not be drawn into their world.

They are scary people who would probably like to convert you. don't even try to understand or conjole them into understanding your way - you will not win.

Cooking talk or not - just leave... I'm sure as interesting as some of their threads on cooking may be, the slightest deviation could be a catalist... just saying.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:20 AM   #5349
Sous Chef

Well most av them are voting for Trump and I am leaving, this isnt the close knit group we used to be. We got really close after we lost a friend after 9/11.

So yes, I am leaving, I am staying with you lot, you are much nicer, it just hard to say good bye when we been through so much. But I also having a hard time ignoring being called social communist and that my state run daycares is feeding kids propaganda ( like learning colours are propaganda).

And I know there are good and bad people of all countries, trust me, I worked with music here in Sweden and you get to see it all then. But sadly it always they bad who sticks out.

And the fun part is I just realize I own the forum that the idiots are on...
Old 10-14-2016, 06:46 AM   #5350
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakePoet View Post
Well most av them are voting for Trump and I am leaving, this isnt the close knit group we used to be. We got really close after we lost a friend after 9/11.

So yes, I am leaving, I am staying with you lot, you are much nicer, it just hard to say good bye when we been through so much. But I also having a hard time ignoring being called social communist and that my state run daycares is feeding kids propaganda ( like learning colours are propaganda).

And I know there are good and bad people of all countries, trust me, I worked with music here in Sweden and you get to see it all then. But sadly it always they bad who sticks out.

And the fun part is I just realize I own the forum that the idiots are on...
I know nothing about you, or your friends, or what your day cares are feeding to your children, neither do ii care. You are entitled to your beliefs and your opinion. However your statement about "most av them are voting for Trump " shows that you are not as liberal and as opened minded as you would like to present yourself to be.
Chief said it best. There good and bad people everywhere. However i would not judge anybody's goodness by their voting choice. Never mind if I agree or disagree with that choice.