Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trying to convince my son it is time to pack a bag of essentials and head for the hills :ermm:... either myself or my ex. we are both on high ground.

My son and his two small boys are near the river. The road at the end of his street runs right along the river and is underwater since yesterday. :(

There is only one other road to get out of there. If there is a power failure I'm afraid he will get tangled in traffic with everyone else trying to leave too.

Trying to convince my son it is time to pack a bag of essentials and head for the hills :ermm:... either myself or my ex. we are both on high ground.

My son and his two small boys are near the river. The road at the end of his street runs right along the river and is underwater since yesterday. :(

There is only one other road to get out of there. If there is a power failure I'm afraid he will get tangled in traffic with everyone else trying to leave too.

I hope he pays attention to your concerns... Rising water is dangerous..

Ross

Air conditioner in the camper quit last weekend. I called the dealer. Its either a $9 compactor or its just completely shot costing $600 plus installing.

The AC unit in my teardrop camper was a $99 "window shaker" from Lowe's. It was completely hidden, which had some people scratching their heads.

Best part is, if it rolled craps, my maximum repair cost was 99-bucks and sales tax.

CD

Grrr!

Spent an hour and a half looking for something I need in a large "home wares" store.

Where are all the shops that sell you what you want to buy, not what they tell you to buy?

The coffee was (fill in any unmentionable epithet) in the cafe, too.

Spent an hour and a half looking for something I need in a large "home wares" store.

Where are all the shops that sell you what you want to buy, not what they tell you to buy?

The coffee was (fill in any unmentionable epithet) in the cafe, too.

There was and still is a small neighborhood hardware shop right around the corner from where I used to live. Then Home Depot (big box store) moved into the next town over. The owner of the small hardware was worried about what it would do to his business.

He still sells those thingamagigs or whatjamacallits. If they aren't upstairs on the floor, then he has it down in the cellar. And he sells a lot of them. You can walk in, tell the owner or his son what your problem is, they can tell you what part you need and if it still doesn't work, bring it back. They even will draw a diagram for you. And if they still don't have what you need or want, he will order it just for you. You don't get that at Home Depot. In fact you are lucky if you can find someone to tell you where it might be.

I think this is not even petty, it is a full blown vent, well, here it is.

Yesterday as I was pulling out of the development/neighborhood, standing on the stop sign, I saw a dog running in the middle of the cross street, it is actually considered a High way. Traffic is pretty decent, I was afraid dog is going to get hit by some idiot who doesn't pay attention to the road. My daughter says, "Look dog has the collar". I get out of the car and start calling to the dog. She came immediately. She was very friendly and obviously in distress, you could see how upset she was being lost. She kind of jumped on me, I dropped my glasses, she stepped on the glasses, they broke of course, she was not a small dog. Anyway, I open the back door and she immediately jumped in.

I pulled to the side of the road. Checked her tags and called the owner. A woman answered told me where she lives, only few house down the street, so I said that I’ll bring the dog home if somebody is there. She told me her husband was home and she would call him immediately, she did say thank you. That was the end of conversation. When I pulled to the house the guy came out I opened the door of the car, made the dog come out kind of holding her by the collar and the guy took her said almost not audible thank you and walked away.

Wouldn’t you call somebody to say thank you again, maybe after work, in the evening. We only live maybe 10 houses apart. I don’t know, stop by drop a thank you note, bring my a bottle of beer? Am I wrong to think that I deserve thank you? I don’t need anything from them, but I would definitely try to show my gratitude to people if they were find my dog in similar situation. I did not do it for some reward, but isn’t reward something normal person would consider giving?

Class? Etiquette? Is there certain behavior that is expected from people in this situation?

On the other hand why am I fuming? I am a dog peoples, I know how dogs act, I saw how scared the dog got when that guy took by the collar. I bet he is not only classless, he is abusive too. Should have just kept the dog.

Charlie, you did what you did for the dog, not the owners. Be happy you kept the dog from being run over.

As far as getting another thank you, don't hold your breath.

The dog was saved from the possibility of being seriously injured due to your actions. And that is what matters most. If you hadn't been there, who knows what might of happened to that poor dog. God knows you did the right thing. And if they didn't thank you then let me along with every member here. And you know how we all love our pets. to you a big
THANK YOU! :flowers:

Thank you, thank you. Indeed I did it for the dog. Was not thinking about any kind of thanks at the moment. I just hope this is not indicative of today's twenty something.

GRRRRR, so mad at myself. I was making few pans of lasagna, one of them was supposed to be for a friend who is gluten free. I had gluten free noodles, but totally spaced out and instead of marinara sauce, I spread the Bechamel. Ok, it is edible and all, but not for her.

I am getting very perturb with myself. I have never had an allergy outside of medical ones. Like certain seafoods and medicine.

So all of a sudden I have developed a cough for no reason. No phlegm is apparent. But I think I have developed an allergy. The cough comes only when I go near my open window or am outside. I know it is the start of allergy season. But I have always ignored any warnings or information about them. It just has never been part of my world.

Just one more thing to write on my medical record. Dang. Can I get anything else wrong with me?!!!

Addie, I had to add a new one to my list a couple months ago. After going to the ER and having a cut covered with butterfly stitches, I found out I'm allergic to the glue on all those bandages. The cut was healing fine, but my skin was blistering under the bandages. My mother said, "Only you."

My whole day has been a petty vent. I was going to make some Chantilly potatoes for supper, but I decided it was going to be too hot to mess with all that. So I put a potato in the oven to bake it for just a stuffed potato. Forgot to turn the oven on.

So now, in the hottest part of my day (and it's been warm here the last two days), I am baking potatoes. I also got through frying up some bacon. I guess I could have just made the Chantilly potatoes after all.

And will someone explain to me why, every time I put a measuring spoon in the sink and then turn on the faucet, the &*%$# water hits the measuring spoon and makes it arc out of the sink, usually all over me? :evil:

Tomorrow is bound to be better and it can get here any time now.

Last edited:
Hope your cut heals quickly, RR.

DH, ever the long winded one, has been on his phone nonstop since 11 am. Jeebus, that man can yack about nothing for hours. I think he called every friend and relative he has. Then he hands me his phone with no explanation. It was his parents. OK, I got this. We talk gardening and such. But it would have been nice to know who I was talking to in the first place!

Back
Top Bottom