Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, I had to add a new one to my list a couple months ago. After going to the ER and having a cut covered with butterfly stitches, I found out I'm allergic to the glue on all those bandages. The cut was healing fine, but my skin was blistering under the bandages. My mother said, "Only you."

My whole day has been a petty vent. I was going to make some Chantilly potatoes for supper, but I decided it was going to be too hot to mess with all that. So I put a potato in the oven to bake it for just a stuffed potato. Forgot to turn the oven on.

So now, in the hottest part of my day (and it's been warm here the last two days), I am baking potatoes. I also got through frying up some bacon. I guess I could have just made the Chantilly potatoes after all.

And will someone explain to me why, every time I put a measuring spoon in the sink and then turn on the faucet, the &*%$# water hits the measuring spoon and makes it arc out of the sink, usually all over me? :evil:

Tomorrow is bound to be better and it can get here any time now.

When life get's me down, I always turn to Monty Python for philosophical guidance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7I6NYuJVCo

CD

Ok so, this is probably going to be one long run on sentence but here we go. So a couple months ago the kid wreaks his car. Nobody hurt. Insurance paid so no big deal but this is where it starts. He starts driving my old pickup. A month ago or so he has a flat. Tire is shot. Got a used set for $100. Then I notice a wheel bearing is bad. Take it in. A good friend is the mechanic so I know he don't screw me. $600. Need bearings and lock outs for the 4x4. Fine. Then graduation, that cost a few hundred bucks. I have 40 acres of beans to plant then I'm done and can put everything away but it won't stop raining. Air conditioner quits in the camper $200 then run out of propane ( my fault) loses a window. My fault again. And now the wifes car is chewing up Its tires. Struts are shot. $800 plus alignment. My pickup is on the camper because I need to be able to move it around. Kid is still driving my old one. Wife car in the shop so she gets to drive my bosses caddilic. I think she likes it too much.

Ok so, this is probably going to be one long run on sentence but here we go. So a couple months ago the kid wreaks his car. Nobody hurt. Insurance paid so no big deal but this is where it starts. He starts driving my old pickup. A month ago or so he has a flat. Tire is shot. Got a used set for $100. Then I notice a wheel bearing is bad. Take it in. A good friend is the mechanic so I know he don't screw me. $600. Need bearings and lock outs for the 4x4. Fine. Then graduation, that cost a few hundred bucks. I have 40 acres of beans to plant then I'm done and can put everything away but it won't stop raining. Air conditioner quits in the camper $200 then run out of propane ( my fault) loses a window. My fault again. And now the wifes car is chewing up Its tires. Struts are shot. $800 plus alignment. My pickup is on the camper because I need to be able to move it around. Kid is still driving my old one. Wife car in the shop so she gets to drive my bosses caddilic. I think she likes it too much.

Jon, This has the makings of a great country song!!! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Well, other than all that, you are living a charmed life. Good Grief!

Aunt B, here is the first line

The was a man named Farmer John

Any one want to add another line or two?

We just received our last issue of BA mag, June 2017. After months of an E-mail and letter hounding to renew, I wrote them an explanation as to why we aren't renewing. Doubt they will ever read it, but I did.

My explanation, was simply suggesting that they look at the "Recipe Index" from the issue we just received to that of one I randomly pulled from a pile, which happened to be from June 2008. The index from June 2008 was a full page and the one from June 2017 was not even a 1/2 page.:mad:

Aside from your one time only pain or antibiotic prescriptions I've never taken any long term meds in my entire life until, bang, all of a sudden, over night, I'm on 4 long term meds now! And now I'm shopping for pill boxes on Amazon? This is crazy.

Aside from your one time only pain or antibiotic prescriptions I've never taken any long term meds in my entire life until, bang, all of a sudden, over night, I'm on 4 long term meds now! And now I'm shopping for pill boxes on Amazon? This is crazy.

The relation that you need medicine to keep living a 'normal' life in your senior years is a bitter pill to swallow but it's better than the alternative.

The relation that you need medicine to keep living a 'normal' life in your senior years is a bitter pill to swallow but it's better than the alternative.

Oh, absolutely. I see that with both my parents, both in their early nineties.

But, hopefully, eventually, I can get off most of my meds with a drastic change in my diet.

Do any of you look up your meds on Drugs.com or WebMD? At one time I was on 25 pills a day. So I looked up every one and also the side effects. I also printed out the picture of them and the list of side effects. One med had three pages of side effects.

I then took the list to my doctor with the side effects and we spent an hour going over them. Today I am somewhere around ten. A lot of them were multiple for the same problem. Like three of them for blood pressure. Taking three of them at the same time, dang near killed me. My blood pressure dropped so low that the doctor couldn't get a reading. The last words I heard him say was "Do we have a crash cart?" as they rushed me to the ER.

When it comes to putting chemicals into your body, you have to be your own advocate.

Do any of you look up your meds on Drugs.com or WebMD? At one time I was on 25 pills a day. So I looked up every one and also the side effects. I also printed out the picture of them and the list of side effects. One med had three pages of side effects.

I then took the list to my doctor with the side effects and we spent an hour going over them. Today I am somewhere around ten. A lot of them were multiple for the same problem. Like three of them for blood pressure. Taking three of them at the same time, dang near killed me. My blood pressure dropped so low that the doctor couldn't get a reading. The last words I heard him say was "Do we have a crash cart?" as they rushed me to the ER.

When it comes to putting chemicals into your body, you have to be your own advocate.
With the integrated health care you have, I find it exceedingly strange that your primary doctor did not know about every medication you were taking. At every visit, all my doctors' offices provide me with a printed list of all the meds their system says I'm taking and ask me to verify it.

The lists of potential side effects associated with prescription drugs must include every adverse reaction reported by patients, regardless of whether it has been shown to be related to the medication. The doctor's job is to evaluate your medical history and determine what your specific needs are, taking risks and benefits into account. If they're not doing that, I'd look for a new doctor.

I keep a spreadsheet of my meds with the purpose, dosage and frequency of each one in my phone for easy reference at the doctor's office. My major medical procedures are also listed.

With the integrated health care you have, I find it exceedingly strange that your primary doctor did not know about every medication you were taking. At every visit, all my doctors' offices provide me with a printed list of all the meds their system says I'm taking and ask me to verify it.

The lists of potential side effects associated with prescription drugs must include every adverse reaction reported by patients, regardless of whether it has been shown to be related to the medication. The doctor's job is to evaluate your medical history and determine what your specific needs are, taking risks and benefits into account. If they're not doing that, I'd look for a new doctor.

I keep a spreadsheet of my meds with the purpose, dosage and frequency of each one in my phone for easy reference at the doctor's office. My major medical procedures are also listed.

Most of the medicines for repeat health problems happen in the hospital. I too have a complete list of all meds I am on and it goes to the hospital with me. But the problem lies with the doctors at the hospital. They don't bother to even look at that list and they also have complete access to my files at Winthrop. But they can't be bothered with that either. So they enter a new script for a health problem I am already on medicine for. So now I play Dumb Dora when I go to the hospital. When they ask me what is the problem, I tell them I don't know. I just feel sick. Then they ask me what meds I am on, and I tell them they have to read my file in the computer. The list is three pages long and I can't pronounce them all. One hospital doctor told me he can't be bothered doing that. My reply to him was, "Then perhaps you are not the doctor for me. If you wish to continue being my doctor, you need to look at my med list and medical problems. Don't come back until you do." I no longer accept any prescription the hospital writes for me. I clear it with Winthrop first. Sure enough, more often than not, I am already on a med that is similar and the same dosage. So they cancel it.

It has been a long haul, but Winthrop now knows to trust me. And if it is something I am not sure of, they are the first ones I call. I have a nurse NP that keeps her eye on what meds I am on. So there are times when she feels that I don't need a med any long or can go on a smaller dose. Like taking me off the pills for diabetes. I had my sugar under control and the pill were dropping it too low far too often. Now I control it by diet alone. She is the one that caught that. I see my doctor twice a year. Sick or well. That is when we go over my med list again. Even though my NP keeps an eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom