"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #5361
Chef Extraordinaire

Isn't it wonderful to reunite with an old love?

Old 09-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #5362
Everymom

It feels so good!

Old 09-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #5363
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
I think my snit must have been fairly epic because when I started telling Ken what happened and what it would cost to replace them he just said, "get what you want dear" and left the house. Wise man.

I bought a new DO, and a new 3L visions. They are being processed for shipping right now. I ALSO went out and found myself a 3L stainless steel version so I can actually make dinner tonight! LOL! I feel sooooo much better. Gotta love retail therapy.
Alix, what makes Visions so special for you.? I never saw the advantage of glass pots and pans.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #5364
Everymom

Andy, I like the heat retention (almost like CI), the easy clean up, being able to see everything cooking is kind of cool, and I really like that I can put it in the microwave, oven or on the stovetop. You can even freeze stuff in visions and put it directly in the oven. I have a couple of casserole dishes that I use for that purpose regularly. I often make rhubarb crisp or apple crisp and freeze it prior to baking. Then if I need a quick dessert, I can just toss it straight in the oven.

I think really what it is for me is that it is very versatile and it user friendly. I can boil potatoes on the stove, and then after I mash 'em I can put the pot in the oven to stay warm while I prep the rest of dinner. Its like CI only easier cleaning.

If I could have my big visions, my CI frying pan and my good chef's knife, I could do pretty much anything in my kitchen. Hmmm, thread idea?
Old 09-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #5365
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
...If I could have my big visions, my CI frying pan and my good chef's knife, I could do pretty much anything in my kitchen. Hmmm, thread idea?
Thanks, Alix.

You go ahead and try to start that thread...
Old 09-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #5366
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I think that my vacuum sealer is dying. Got a great deal on ground chuck, and it took forever to seal 15 packs. First it would suck out all of the air but wouldn't go into seal mode, then when it would it would take forever to get there.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #5367
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I think that my vacuum sealer is dying. Got a great deal on ground chuck, and it took forever to seal 15 packs. First it would suck out all of the air but wouldn't go into seal mode, then when it would it would take forever to get there.
I've found the same thing happening with my Foodsaver too, BC. Mine is about 8 years old. I have my eye on an upright model now, takes up much less counter space.

Oh, crap, too late now, but it could have been on your registery.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #5368
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post

I've found the same thing happening with my Foodsaver too, BC. Mine is about 8 years old. I have my eye on an upright model now, takes up much less counter space.

Oh, crap, too late now, but it could have been on your registery.
Yeah, I wish I had thought of that! Well we do have gift cards for target so we could use those. Mine is a Rival seal-a-meal brand that I got for about $25 maybe 6 years ago at Big Lots, so I've definitely got my money's worth out of it!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #5369
Honey Badger

Just woke up.I'd give anything to crawl back into my bed again. I'm tired.

My neighbors one behind me, one next door decided to have a show down with noise. I mean seriously loud window rattling noise. Yelling back and forth. Oooooommmmmmmmpaaaaapaaaahhhh music. All day starting at 1pm. Didn't stop until well after 2:30 am. The more one complained the worse it got. We were stuck in the middle. Noticed the only English version song that wasn't translated into Spanish was "Ice,Ice Baby" Bad word around here.

I see looking out the window the Oompa Loompa's still have the party tent up. This Lolly Pop Kid wants to beat them up!

Munky.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #5370
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Just woke up.I'd give anything to crawl back into my bed again. I'm tired.

My neighbors one behind me, one next door decided to have a show down with noise. I mean seriously loud window rattling noise. Yelling back and forth. Oooooommmmmmmmpaaaaapaaaahhhh music. All day starting at 1pm. Didn't stop until well after 2:30 am. The more one complained the worse it got. We were stuck in the middle. Noticed the only English version song that wasn't translated into Spanish was "Ice,Ice Baby" Bad word around here.

I see looking out the window the Oompa Loompa's still have the party tent up. This Lolly Pop Kid wants to beat them up!

Munky.
Your story reminded me of my youth!

Forty years ago my friends and I rented a camp on a lake. We decided to have a party and the party lasted most of the night. At about 6:00am the next morning the elderly Polish couple in the camp next to ours cranked the stereo with a collection of Jimmy Sturr's greatest polka hits. No one from either camp ever said a word and we all lived quietly ever after!

Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote