"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-15-2016, 03:14 PM   #5371
Certified Cake Maniac

A young man who I have known for what seems like forever got married today in Toronto. Since I am not able to travel much, the five hour flight was out for us. However, one way we know him is he was part of the tech team TB and I headed up at the church. So, of course he would have a live stream of the wedding for all those who couldn't make it. The wedding was almost an hour and a half late and the feed was not a good one so the two hours stopped exactly as the pastor was finally about to get to the vows...

They will have a video of the whole thing, but the point was we could watch it (close to) live!

We will be attending a reception held here on the west coast in a few months before they go back to Laos where they met at a flying school.

And the best thing is I don't have to make cake! My young protege will be doing the honours.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:48 PM   #5372
Head Chef

Since we moved the old house account keeps showing as the "main" account for Comcast. No way to get rid of it myself. Finally got tired of it and went to chat with Comcast. Two people and 30 minutes later finally got rid of the account that is closed and will never be used again. 30 minutes......

Old 10-15-2016, 10:37 PM   #5373
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
Since we moved the old house account keeps showing as the "main" account for Comcast. No way to get rid of it myself. Finally got tired of it and went to chat with Comcast. Two people and 30 minutes later finally got rid of the account that is closed and will never be used again. 30 minutes......
Crikey!
Old 10-15-2016, 10:53 PM   #5374
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
To me, it's very refreshing that DC doesn't allow talk of politics or religion. It's hard, at times, to look at Facebook with all the "stuff" going on there.
It is because of those two rules that makes this forum pleasant.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:18 AM   #5375
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
I'm having the same problem with our gas bill...I lived at the old address for a month...been in the current one for over a year.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:16 AM   #5376
Chef Extraordinaire

When I left my old address in Everett, I notified gas and light company of the date of the move. Six months later and after numerous phone calls to both utilities, I finally took the old landlord to court. What he had done was call the utilities the day I moved and told them I had changed my mind and would continue to live there. It seems he had a new tenant ready to move in, but couldn't show the apartment until night time. He certainly didn't want to show it with a flashlight.

I won the court case for all the back bills times three. In this state you can sue for three times the amount of damages. And I did!
Old 10-16-2016, 05:38 AM   #5377
Head Chef

My monthly USAA credit card statement was crazy to figure out when USAA recently decided to switch from Master Card to Visa. I got two confusing statements the next month of charges and credits and gobbligook (as they made the switch) that strained my mind to try and decipher. I suppose and trust that it all evened out. I'll never know because it was confusing gobbligook to figure out. I called them about it, but within about a minute, they were talking confident sounding gobbligook to me.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:22 PM   #5378
Master Chef

I'm happy for the Dodgers and am a fan but I'm not looking forward to the heavy traffic heading home from work the next three nights of the championship series with the Cubs. I live less than a mile from Dodger Stadium and surface street traffic will be horrendous despite many residential streets with traffic cops restricting access to residents only. It's not a problem during regular season games.
Go Dodgers!
Old 10-18-2016, 04:28 PM   #5379
Master Chef

Ugh....be safe, RF.

I don't think I could handle that, I'm so used to living in an isolated little town where there's no traffic and it takes 5 minutes to get from one end of town to the other. Go Dodgers!
Old 10-18-2016, 05:14 PM   #5380
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Ugh....be safe, RF.

I don't think I could handle that, I'm so used to living in an isolated little town where there's no traffic and it takes 5 minutes to get from one end of town to the other. Go Dodgers!
Thanks. The last time we had this much traffic around here was back in 1988 during the World Series, and a couple of big name rock concerts. It took me over 2 hours to get home from work, and we're only talking 5 miles.

Otherwise, I live on a very quiet, secluded hill top street where there's virtually no traffic at all. The problem is all the roads below us can get jammed.