"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #5391
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
For sure it is some sales pitch, they never leave a message.
I have had sales messages on my phone. Today I got one telling me about getting a free cruise to the Bahamas if I fill out a survey. That phone number is my reject list, so the phone doesn't ring, but it doesn't stop them leaving me stupid messages. I once got a sales pitch message that didn't fit before the answering machine cut off, so they called back to continue the pitch. I think it took four times for them to give me the whole pitch. grrrr

Old 09-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #5392
Certified Pretend Chef

I don't answer out-of-area calls or calls from area codes I don't know. What really annoys me is when they wake me up from a nap.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #5393
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Me either, Andy. If I don't recognize the area code, it gets dismissed.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #5394
Chef Extraordinaire

We signed up for do not call. Did or does that stop them NOPE so I ask them to take me off the call list most do but there are several who kepp trying but my phone shows me who is calling so I just let it ring then they stop for several days and then come back ICKKKKK
kades
Old 09-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #5395
Executive Chef

It's begun to get quite chilly at night and my tomato plants have given up

Seems we just got the garden going really good and now it looks like it's all over already .. not happy !!
Old 09-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #5396
Honey Badger

Finally have the phone lines fixed. Not exactly in perfect usage. But better then it has been. Pages are loading here. Able to stay and visit a while. Isn't that always nice?

AT&T had better not charge me for the 5 days we went without usable phone service. The static was so bad I couldn't call out or receive phone calls. Net was unusable after 10 min.They never told me what happened to the main box. It's been a problem for years. Someone ran it over once. Rain drowned it the last time. The Tech did mention if it was an underground line it would never be fixed. AT&T will never put out the trouble or expense to dig up a sidewalk. We'll see about that. If they have the money to shell out for expensive commercials for the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Golf. They got the moonies to throw me a rope!

Now I have to get with the whole world. Break down and get a cell phone of my own that I've adamantly refused to own. I hate those gadgets.

ThinkI'vehadtoomuchcoffee.

Munky.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #5397
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Finally have the phone lines fixed. Not exactly in perfect usage. But better then it has been. Pages are loading here. Able to stay and visit a while. Isn't that always nice?

AT&T had better not charge me for the 5 days we went without usable phone service. The static was so bad I couldn't call out or receive phone calls. Net was unusable after 10 min.They never told me what happened to the main box. It's been a problem for years. Someone ran it over once. Rain drowned it the last time. The Tech did mention if it was an underground line it would never be fixed. AT&T will never put out the trouble or expense to dig up a sidewalk. We'll see about that. If they have the money to shell out for expensive commercials for the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Golf. They got the moonies to throw me a rope!

Now I have to get with the whole world. Break down and get a cell phone of my own that I've adamantly refused to own. I hate those gadgets.

ThinkI'vehadtoomuchcoffee.

Munky.
No such thing and I am glad you are back online and in communication with the rest of the world.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #5398
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Shrek forgot about his "Donut Hole" with Medicare Prescriptions...he ordered his most expensive med, which will last him almost a year, and it came to $732 for one med!!!! It's an inhaler he uses when he thinks about, maybe twice a week, this last one has lasted him almost a year, now he has 6 of them coming. I told him next time he waits for January when he is not in the darned "Hole" to order it. Arrrgh!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #5399
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Shrek forgot about his "Donut Hole" with Medicare Prescriptions...he ordered his most expensive med, which will last him almost a year, and it came to $732 for one med!!!! It's an inhaler he uses when he thinks about, maybe twice a week, this last one has lasted him almost a year, now he has 6 of them coming. I told him next time he waits for January when he is not in the darned "Hole" to order it. Arrrgh!!!
He should be able to change the inhaler quantity to 2 or 3 and spread out the expense to avoid the dh.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #5400
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
He should be able to change the inhaler quantity to 2 or 3 and spread out the expense to avoid the dh.
Yes, we will remember that for the next time. The directions read 2 puffs twice a day, not as needed, so to them 6 = a 3 month supply. And of course, the prescription house was on the ball with this one and shipped almost as soon as he got done ordering. They usually take a day or two so we could cancel the order if we wanted or at least cut it back.

I think he should just remove it from his medications with them and get it singly from a local pharmacy, may cost a bit more, but this wouldn't happen. But, what do I know...