Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PF an Kadesma, you're more than welcome to stop by & see the baby any time you'd like. ;) Well, once she's born, that is. Just drive on over!

no water in the park again. working on pipes. all the times they have done this, they could have put an all new system. it is really the pits. i put some water in buckets for the toilet and made sure i had bottled water in the fridge. it is a big pain in the you know what. oh, and water plants in yard last night. grrrrrrr.

Last night I enjoyed 8 hours of regular contractions. I spent 4 hours tossing and turning, with a few minutes of sleep here and there. Around 2 am the contractions peaked at about 7 minutes apart, but I was very tired by that point and even though they were pretty uncomfortable, I was finally able to fall asleep. I figured I'd get as much rest as possible until they were too intense to allow me to. I woke up 2 hours later and they had stopped. Today just back to sporadic Braxton-Hicks. Grrrrrr. I still have a week and a half before my due date, so it's not like I'm in any hurry, but really, was that necessary? It was probably dehydration since I was sweating like crazy during work last night, but I drank a ton of water to try to prevent that! I honestly am being very patient most of the time, but nights like that make me just want to be done.

Last night I enjoyed 8 hours of regular contractions. I spent 4 hours tossing and turning, with a few minutes of sleep here and there. Around 2 am the contractions peaked at about 7 minutes apart, but I was very tired by that point and even though they were pretty uncomfortable, I was finally able to fall asleep. I figured I'd get as much rest as possible until they were too intense to allow me to. I woke up 2 hours later and they had stopped. Today just back to sporadic Braxton-Hicks. Grrrrrr. I still have a week and a half before my due date, so it's not like I'm in any hurry, but really, was that necessary? It was probably dehydration since I was sweating like crazy during work last night, but I drank a ton of water to try to prevent that! I honestly am being very patient most of the time, but nights like that make me just want to be done.

Sometimes I really, really like being a guy.

Good luck to you Sprout:lucky:.You have all my best wishes:sorcerer:for a perfect delivery with as little discomfort as possible!:excl::flowers:

Thanks for keeping us updated. Wish I could be there.

Oh, Baby!

We are all anxiously awaiting the delivery!

Hope you can get comfortable, Sprout.

Last edited:
So I am applying for this job. PCA, the home care to help an elderly person. The company says they only hire people with minimum 6 month experience, however if I answer questions of the test properly it will be consider as if I had those 6 month experience. The company doesn't provide the training. How am i supposed to answer the questions? Some of them are really simple common since kind of stuff, but some are totally stupid or very specific. It's just weird.

So I am applying for this job. PCA, the home care to help an elderly person. The company says they only hire people with minimum 6 month experience, however if I answer questions of the test properly it will be consider as if I had those 6 month experience. The company doesn't provide the training. How am i supposed to answer the questions? Some of them are really simple common since kind of stuff, but some are totally stupid or very specific. It's just weird.

There are places that will give you the training, if you work for them for a certain amount of time.

I firmly believe you need this training before you start caring for the elderly. But, that's just me. Answering questions on a test does not prepare you for what the job entails...or keep you and your self safe.

I understand, but in the mean time I really need this particular job at this particular place and some questions are just stupid.

I understand, but in the mean time I really need this particular job at this particular place and some questions are just stupid.

Of course they are, they are questions about people. PM me the questions and I will see if I can help. Since I take care of the Elderly on a daily basis and have been Licensed or Certified to do so for about 20 years, I think I may be able to help.

Venting here!!! Allergies are in full swing! Sneezing and watery eyes all day. Can't breathe at night! Waiting for that first frost that kills those nasty weeds! Clariton helps a little, but it is still miserable at times.

Venting here!!! Allergies are in full swing! Sneezing and watery eyes all day. Can't breathe at night! Waiting for that first frost that kills those nasty weeds! Clariton helps a little, but it is still miserable at times.

:flowers::flowers:Chopper, Sorry you are feeling bad, Hope you get better soon.

Josie

As if dealing with one insurance was not enough, now I also have to deal with my home insurance. My neighbore had simular, but smaller roof damage and he had his whole roof replaced and payed for by State farm. Me, they are offering to fix damaged area, basically patch few spots. How do I deal with this? Who can I complain? It is unbeliavable.

i hate being sick! i feel sick! i am sick! i have to much to do to be sick! this is how it started this time last year. sore throat, slight cough and stuffed up and running at the same time nose. if not better or if worse tomorrow will have to see dr. can't end up in hospital again. don't know how i get sick , i hardly leave the house. maybe my great grandkids brought it to me from kindergarten. it sucks!!

i hate being sick! i feel sick! i am sick! i have to much to do to be sick! this is how it started this time last year. sore throat, slight cough and stuffed up and running at the same time nose. if not better or if worse tomorrow will have to see dr. can't end up in hospital again. don't know how i get sick , i hardly leave the house. maybe my great grandkids brought it to me from kindergarten. it sucks!!

I'm suggesting fluids...like chicken broth, water, ginger ale...:angel: No more p-neumonias...I mean it! Any fever or just the congestion?

babetoo said:

Oh, Babe, so hoping you feel better soon! Hugs!

I must have given it to you in one of my posts! I'm just now getting over exactly what you just described. The clogged up ears is the last remaining problem.

Good luck and hang in there! It took a full week on me so far. Having the glands under the neck swell up like tennis balls was the worst. I tried to sleep about 16 hours a day.

Soup. Lots of soup. Lots of liquids. Sleep and rest.

Make two DC posts and PM me in the morning. :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom