Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In other words, printer makers COULD charge you $375 for their $89 printer and your cartridges would cost $6.50 instead of $12.75?
The business world of offset costs is funny.

Last edited:
I LOVE my Epson Eco Tank printer. Going on 1 1/2 years with the original filled ink tanks that came with the printer. I print a lot of recipes and such each week. The printer came with 2 sets of ink tanks. So it may be 3 years before I need to buy more ink.

I LOVE my Epson Eco Tank printer. Going on 1 1/2 years with the original filled ink tanks that came with the printer. I print a lot of recipes and such each week. The printer came with 2 sets of ink tanks. So it may be 3 years before I need to buy more ink.

The key thing is...you print a lot. That's what kept your printer heads from clogging up. Today's printers have solved the issue of users who don't print a lot and got clogged printer heads due to lack of use and old ink. That's a welcomed improvement by me, along with the improvement of paper pick up. That used to be my number one complaint, paper not getting picked up by the printer. That issue has been dramatically improved.

Last edited:
It's NOT An Ingredient, It's a Cookie!

I'm really tired of Oreo cookie flavored everything.

Oreos are great with ice cold milk. Isn't that enough?

Yes! They had a display of the latest concoction at the register. I turned to the employee (a woman in her 50's, I'd guess) and said "nothing better than the original". We then started to complain about all the various versions of Oreos. However, a 40-something friend of mine thinks most of them are great. *shrug*

i'm really tired of oreo cookie flavored everything.

Oreos are great with ice cold milk. Isn't that enough?

yes! They had a display of the latest concoction at the register. I turned to the employee (a woman in her 50's, i'd guess) and said "nothing better than the original". We then started to complain about all the various versions of oreos. However, a 40-something friend of mine thinks most of them are great. *shrug*

oero peeps.jpg

oero peeps1.jpg

Hi, Princess F.

Glad to hear you're feeling well. Can't remember exactly where you moved to a while back but it's obviously doing you good.

MC

Hi Mad Cook! So good to see you. Health-wise I am very good, less stress and back up for my "crazy" nutrition ideas. Unfortunately it has been a bad year for me as my Loving Shrek died last month after a battle with bladder cancer. I have my good emotion days and my bad. Today is about mid range.

Thanks for thinking about me.

Recipes that call for an ingredient but don't specify as to which "type".

As in Marsala wine - accidentally add the sweet one when it should have been the 'dry' - throw it out and start again .... IF you can afford to!

This happened to me quite a while ago and you can gag on it. I never even knew there was 2 types :glare: do now so automatically grab the dry - it can work for either but not the other way around.

(having deja vu? did I post this before? I must have cabin fever)

Recipes that call for an ingredient but don't specify as to which "type".

As in Marsala wine - accidentally add the sweet one when it should have been the 'dry' - throw it out and start again .... IF you can afford to!

That's a poorly written recipe. Dry for savory dishes and sweet for desserts. However, folks do make veal/chicken marsala with sweet marsala:yuk:

LOL - Well Andy, someone dumped the egg carton over my head. Set out to give you a few examples and duh... found only ONE that did not reference and guess where that was from ... Alrecipes... duh...:LOL:

Very surprised at how many specify sweet!

It was so long ago, I do not remember the recipe where I used the sweet other than it was awful. At that time, as mentioned, I did not even know there were two kinds.

Pistachio muffins?

Himself loves pistachio muffins, so I picked up a box at the grocery store today. I guess you don't need to include anything pistachio in order to label it "Pistachio Muffins"? Note to baking staff: walnuts are NOT pistachios. And using green food coloring isn't working on this girl either. :glare:

Taking these back Saturday. It will be interesting to see what their answer is...

Attachments

• 20180317_011212.jpg
    20180317_011212.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 20180317_011153.jpg
    20180317_011153.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 92
Pistachio Muffins

I would call that FRAUD! GASTROMIC FRAUD!

It would be funny if it wasn't so annoying. You are not only deprived of enjoying a purchased, you are now tasked with going to the trouble of taking them back. If they are "made in store" they have some explaining to do. If outsourced well, hmmm - who knows what they will say.

This started 10 years ago when I was at a get together with people from a forum, a idiot with social skills of a dead toad walked up and grabbed my boobs and said " now when I have my hand on your boobs already, you need to kiss me". NOPE , NO WAY and HECK NO. Well he did get a telling off and that was it.

He tried yesterday to tell my husband, I was secretly in love with him.. yeah because had apparently we made out 10 year ago and that means I need to divorce me husband, which I been married to for 8 years... I am baffled and pissed off, my husband is confused and pissed off.

How?

I cant get the logic in this one to work...

This started 10 years ago when I was at a get together with people from a forum, a idiot with social skills of a dead toad

I cant get the logic in this one to work...

You've already answered your logic - this is sort of why computer forums work so well. Admin chastises the toad and if not reformed he gets banned and buried. social skills apply to internet forums as well actual meetings.

It is getting weirder, trust me on that when it comes to the toad boy.. today has been a day when several people has started to wonder how his logic trains arrives at the stations it does. But at least he has for now dropped the idea I love him, we think .

Back
Top Bottom