Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a feeling that US companies don't need to pay attention to the DNC list, when the number they are calling is in Canada.

I don't have a land line but when I did I got on the DNC list and it seemed to work, at the time. Now on the cell I get calls from 1-800 nbrs but they originate from overseas. You won a free trip "down the river". LOL!

I just don't answer 1-800 nbrs - if it's important they can leave a message - no message - no number - no call back.

I don't have a land line but when I did I got on the DNC list and it seemed to work, at the time. Now on the cell I get calls from 1-800 nbrs but they originate from overseas. You won a free trip "down the river". LOL!

I just don't answer 1-800 nbrs - if it's important they can leave a message - no message - no number - no call back.

I do this with all incoming calls I do not recognize...

Ross

It used to be you could set your phones (land or cell) to ring however many times you wished. I used to set them for 5 or 6 rings then they go to voice mail. Gave me time to get to the phone. I do NOT carry my phone around with me. There are 2/3 places in the house where I put my phone and my hips nor ears aren't them.

Now phones (cell) only ring 3 times before going to voice mail - and you cannot change it.
That's not very long to put down the load without throwing everything helter skelter and make it across the room over the dog between the cats who all jump up at the same time and either bounce around barking "Yah! let's play" or casually follow you in front of your feet. (how do they do that?)

Actually you do have a choice, there is an option my brother chose. Either 3 rings and then voice mail. Or NO voice mail at all - and the phone keeps ringing til you answer or they hang up. But you cannot have both.

My brother chooses this with the philosophy - they'll call back if it's important. - they'll stay on the line until I get there and answer.

It's amazing how many people hang up after only 3 rings! They don't leave a message and then complain how hard you are to reach!

Last but not least - if I miss the call by seconds and call them right away - they'll ask "Have I started to "screen" my calls?" My answer is "No, I've "always" screened my calls. :LOL::LOL:

It used to be you could set your phones (land or cell) to ring however many times you wished. I used to set them for 5 or 6 rings then they go to voice mail. Gave me time to get to the phone. I do NOT carry my phone around with me. There are 2/3 places in the house where I put my phone and my hips nor ears aren't them.

Now phones (cell) only ring 3 times before going to voice mail - and you cannot change it.

You can change it. How you do that depends on which carrier you are using. Do a Google search for this, look for yours and follow the instructions:

how to increase number of rings on smartphone

Last edited:
I don't bother playing games with phone jerks who just want to waste my time. Most of the time, I never even know they called because I use an app called Should I Answer? It uses a crowdsourced database of numbers associated with spam, nuisance and other unwanted calls that I can add to. If someone is legit, they can leave a message.

This really does work. It's blocked thousands of calls for me.

I went looking for something like this because I kept getting calls from a fax machine.

Last edited:
Hi Mad Cook! So good to see you. Health-wise I am very good, less stress and back up for my "crazy" nutrition ideas. Unfortunately it has been a bad year for me as my Loving Shrek died last month after a battle with bladder cancer. I have my good emotion days and my bad. Today is about mid range.

Thanks for thinking about me.

Hi Princess. I am so ever sorry to hear about your loss of your beloved Shrek. My heart is breaking for you.

I know what you are going through emotionally as I went through it when my daughter was murdered. It does get better and easier as time passes. My family finally reached the stage where they could talk about her and laugh about some of the crazy things she did. And this will happen with you also. You will be able to talk about his music.

We all love you Princess. You are indeed a very special person for all of us here at Discuss Cooking. :angel:

Every darn time I get on this site on my computer it slows way down. I have to exit then it takes a good 5 minutes for my computer to recover and speed back up. I get back on here and it immediately slows back to a crawl. Whats going on here??

Crazy Lady Is At It Again

That woman is so going to get the bill for half of this fence that's now being put up.Plus what were paying for the help.

We were going to give her a break.Forget it now. I'm pissed!
Didn't wake up that way.Tired yes,cranky no.

Yesterday my sons and I got everything prepared. I soaked all the posts.
Cleaned up the yard, patio, while my sons made that long trip to Home Depot for materials.
The entire fence has rotted out.

This morning our adopted son, his dad, my sons all got to work on the fence.

Nut Job came outside and had the nerve to ask my sons if they would take things to the Science Center,and to take and clean out things from her back yard while they were working anyways.
Her exact words were "You have 3 trucks out anyways"
WHAT!???:mad:

She's the one who had someone prop up 2 sliding glass doors on the fence.Along with a huge window panel that weighs over 200 Lbs.

I can expect her to come over and ask me to make her Hind ass dinner tonight.

Just out of spite,I'm on the way out of hell anyways. I'm going to fire up my smoker.Brisket sounds good for dinner. And all of around here know low and slow is the way to go.

Munky.

Maybe something like mud pies? The bill should probably start with 'hiring a crew to move those sliding glass windows, etc' $500.

Nice idea Bliss, love it.You bad girl you.:LOL::ROFLMAO: Got a recipe?

That woman is a hoarder. She has a boat,an old truck and an RV rotting to the point the next storm that comes through it's going to tip over.
I couldn't believe all the other junk she has back there.

A tetanus shot wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'm going out to take pics.

Munky.

Nice idea Bliss, love it.You bad girl you.:LOL::ROFLMAO: Got a recipe?

Yah, I know, I'm the baddest good girl you'll ever meet! I don't really have a good mud pie recipe but if you substitute fecal matter for the mud, it almost sounds better. In the movie, The Dress Maker, she (one of the characters) made a pie with her own **** in it, and people ate it and loved it and it was oh just so gross but terribly funny, to me.

Every darn time I get on this site on my computer it slows way down. I have to exit then it takes a good 5 minutes for my computer to recover and speed back up. I get back on here and it immediately slows back to a crawl. Whats going on here??

FJ, I recommend reporting this to the tech team for DC to see if they have any suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom