"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #571
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Oh no, Ma! So sorry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Hope you are feeling better now, Ma.
I'm feeling better, but boy the indigestion is bad. Just took something for it hope it goes away soon tho.
ma

Old 01-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #572
Executive Chef

Quote:
That's why I thought the vegis were fine and he thought they were overcooked.

But, come on. He's a grown man. It should be his turn to cook once in a while and I have that stupid sore thumb.

awww, taxy. i didn't know that thumb was still causing you grief. is it any better at all?

i don't know about canadian men, but grown american men, most of them, not only don't cook/don't know how/refuse to learn, think it's a big gd deal if they take you out twice a year to a class b restaurant.

taxy, stirling cooked your steak a PERfect rare...and you... you...allowed...his...steak...to...burn...delibera tely...petulantly... :(
truly sorry about your thumb, though-- hope it gets all better real soon, taxy! :)

Old 01-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #573
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
awww, taxy. i didn't know that thumb was still causing you grief. is it any better at all?

i don't know about canadian men, but grown american men, most of them, not only don't cook/don't know how/refuse to learn, think it's a big gd deal if they take you out twice a year to a class b restaurant.

taxy, stirling cooked your steak a PERfect rare...and you... you...allowed...his...steak...to...burn...delibera tely...petulantly... :(
truly sorry about your thumb, though-- hope it gets all better real soon, taxy! :)
The thumb is almost all better, but I baked an easy chocolate cake yesterday and that made it worse, so I am being extra careful.

It wasn't just petulance. I told him what the problem was later and he agreed that he wouldn't have wanted my interference at that point.

I think the thing that really got me was that he was grumpy all through supper. If it hadn't been for that, I would have thought that calling me a "back seat cook" was funny.

Work with me. I need some sympathy.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #574
Chef Extraordinaire

A simple little chore turned into a moment of angst. Not worth an argument for sure. You did right by letting him finish on his own. One of those moments when a man refuses to ask for directions.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #575
Executive Chef

Quote:
The thumb is almost all better, but I baked an easy chocolate cake yesterday and that made it worse, so I am being extra careful.

It wasn't just petulance. I told him what the problem was later and he agreed that he wouldn't have wanted my interference at that point.

I think the thing that really got me was that he was grumpy all through supper. If it hadn't been for that, I would have thought that calling me a "back seat cook" was funny.

Work with me. I need some sympathy.
aw taxy, you know i'm always going to be on your side, right or wrong. :) i think you and stirling are really good for and to each other. for a guy, he seems to be truly decent, and treats you like you really matter-- that is big. in my book, taxy. sorry for the cynicism, but i've probably seen more than my share of selfish, lazy, self-indulgent guys.--- who don't cook, but rather expect to be waited on, hand and foot....
Old 01-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #576
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
...but grown american men, most of them, not only don't cook/don't know how/refuse to learn, think it's a big gd deal if they take you out twice a year to a class b restaurant...

OUCH! Nothing like a sweeping generalization to get things going.

My ex wouldn't let me in the kitchen because '...the kitchen was her turf and she was perfectly capable...'.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #577
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Remind me not to eat at Elephant Bar again soon. I had the Macau shrimp soup, and salmon rolls. then got out the front door and embarrased myself by upchucking all over the place, color my face red and today of all days. Yeesh did I feel foolish or what?? Was it just me or something I ate?
kades

that's just awful, kades--so sorry that happened to you! i had a similar bout of really bad heartburn myself last evening. i became extremely nauseous too, but managed, just barely, to avoid vomiting. heartburn can be soo bad. for me, the only thing i could pin the blame on, was the asti spumanti i drank last night. it wasn't overmuch either, but i hadn't had any kind of bubbly for a number of years. i took some prilosec, which worked okay, but it was nearly an hour before i felt any relief. kades, i hope you are all back to normal by now. i'd stay away from that elephant bar too, kades.... .
Old 01-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #578
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
aw taxy, you know i'm always going to be on your side, right or wrong. :) i think you and stirling are really good for and to each other. for a guy, he seems to be truly decent, and treats you like you really matter-- that is big. in my book, taxy. sorry for the cynicism, but i've probably seen more than my share of selfish, lazy, self-indulgent guys.--- who don't cook, but rather expect to be waited on, hand and foot....
My SIL is one of them. He would rather pay for take out every night than step into the kitchen. He even had the nerve to ask my daughter to make up some meals he could heat up in the micro. That way when she is sick from the chemo, he can eat. Real thoughtful.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:59 PM   #579
Executive Chef

Vit, no man bashing here. This is a friendly forum. I love my man, and I guess I chose wisely.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #580
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
He is a really decent, lovable guy. It was quite out of character for him. He did apologize for being grumpy at supper.