Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was at Costco last week and thought I'd check out the vanilla. I had heard the prices were high but was not prepared for $34.99 for a 16 Oz. bottle.

I was at Costco last week and thought I'd check out the vanilla. I had heard the prices were high but was not prepared for $34.99 for a 16 Oz. bottle.

While not actively searching for vanilla, I was gathering baking products and picked up a 4oz bottle for $8.. This was at an upscale mkt (HyVee). 4oz will not last me long.. :rolleyes:

The last 16oz bottle I bought was $18 @ Smart N Final in Cali.. I left 1/2 the bottle there.. :ermm:

Ross

Been in the ATT store for the last 3 freaking hours. I’m about to explode. How long is it supposed to take to buy a phone and an iPad?

Not good. It takes less time than that to buy a new car...

That was exactly what I told the salesperson. If you are in Miami and need to go to ATT store, do not go to one on 41-st street. Total incompetence.
I ended up leaving without a phone or iPad. The idiot salesperson messed something up that triggered the fraud alert they suspended the whole account, then of course trouble only snowballed. 4 hours. 4 hours I spent there without the result.

Tiny Town troubles

I live in a town small enough that the town hall and the library close down early for the Strawberry Festival. One day only. The third Thursday in June.

I had library items due today - a DVD and a book.

I got to the library at 5:30 PM. They closed at 4:00 - said the sign on the door I was looking at at 5:30 PM. Sure they sent a reminder about it on Facebook...last week. Last Week? I can't remember what I did five minutes ago! :LOL:

I would have waited until tomorrow to return them on "Fee-Free Fridays" but they were both from other libraries. Pretty sure it would have cost me another day's penalty fee.

I live in a town small enough that the town hall and the library close down early for the Strawberry Festival. One day only. The third Thursday in June.

I had library items due today - a DVD and a book.

I got to the library at 5:30 PM. They closed at 4:00 - said the sign on the door I was looking at at 5:30 PM. Sure they sent a reminder about it on Facebook...last week. Last Week? I can't remember what I did five minutes ago! :LOL:

I would have waited until tomorrow to return them on "Fee-Free Fridays" but they were both from other libraries. Pretty sure it would have cost me another day's penalty fee.
Do they have a slot for returning books after hours?

Yup, taxy, one for books and the other for media, right by the entry to the library. It's kinda cool when you work/volunteer there. You don't have to go outside to empty anything, just wheel a book cart over, open the door to a small "storage" room, and grab the items from the padded bins they drop into.

Normally, if the items are dropped after the doors have closed they are considered returned the next day. Small town, remember.

Back in OH, our city of 32,000 had a library drop box. They emptied the box first thing in the AM, about 1/2 hour before the library doors opened. They checked all of those items in as if they had been returned on time.

No big deal on the book - I think fines are 10 cents. At least our library fine is that. The book was probably from a "quarter per day" library. Still no big deal. On the DVD, though, our library is $1, but some have levied fines as high as $5 around here. :ermm: Hope it wasn't a loaner from them...

An update on my mixed-up library day: no late fees! I guess the library director figured not everyone would know that they were going to close four hours before the normal time. So I dodged that bullet!

Now on to a silly vent. When I went to put on my make-up (Mom always called hers "war paint" :LOL: ), I noticed a scratch - about one inch in length - that started at my hairline and came down the forehead towards my left eye. :huh: Whaaaa?????? I would have known if I had knocked my head against something, so I'm guessing that I scratched myself while sleeping? :rolleyes: What next? (Don't answer that)

Staff putting knives in the dishwasher..reach in to grab something and grab a meat saber by the blade..peeves me...

Attachments

• 36357131_10155466226957401_1878954132216217600_n.jpg
    36357131_10155466226957401_1878954132216217600_n.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 133
Ouch Roch.

I cant have my kid out in my garden playing because of the neighbours kids, the boy beats my daughter a lot. She lets him play because he sometimes nice and then he just turn nasty and last time he was trying to throw a rock at her head. If she even tries to push him away or defend her self, he scream and runs to mum or his sister and my daughter gets a telling and is the bad guy... rinse and repeat..

Back
Top Bottom