Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlie, you can get a change of address from the post office to your home address. Go through his mail, toss what you know is scam and other crap, like from "Help Feed The Starving Children of Slovbovia You can also notify the senders of these mailings to take him off their mailing list. Give them any feasible reason you want. He is now feeble minded, Lost his sight due to old age, etc. You get the idea.

I had a neighbor many, many years ago who did just this when his mother was doing the same thing with her money. And lastly there is a place where you can register his name and address that will notify these sender of junk mail and let them know that they are to stop sending mail to this address. I do not remember the address, but you can ask at the post office.

For me, I don't mind getting junk mail. When I go down to get my mail, the junk stuff tells me that this is new mail from what I received yesterday, so the mailman came today. And it can be just another means of bitching about junk mail for me.

Type up a letter and make many copies. You can send it to all the junk mail senders. Talk to the supervisor at the P.O. Tell them about how many scams he has received and responded to. There is help out there. You just have seek it out.
And if the sender violates the order from the P.O. now they are dealing with a Federal Law violation. No one wants that on their record!

Ohhh yeah, that will work just dandy Addie. :bb:
BTW, how's your class action suit against telephone solicitors going?

What a headache I am having.

Last Saturday it all started. The are putting on a new roof on this building. This was a school building for grades K-6. Two classes per grade. So you can imagine a very large building.

Saturday, the cranes moved in and lifted all the equipment and supplies to the roof. BANG! BANG! They were just dropping each load. Don't bother to put it down quietly, if possible. Then on the next Monday, bang, bang, feet stomping across the roof all day from seven a.m. to three p.m. Then the banging constantly as they were removing some damaged parts of the roof, and repairing it.

But today has been the worst. My head is pounding. And it is not like there is somewhere to get away. Now it is all the construction trucks picking up all the refuse. Why don't they make those trucks with plastic and cloth lining?

Concrete chunks being loaded into an empty metal bed dump truck. Kaboom! Sounds like a bomb going off. At least it did when someone tossed their toilet into an empty metal dumpster at my quiet condo area. Kaboom!

Last edited:
Why does someone say they love another person "till death do us part", then end up seeing another person and working with them to kill the person they supposedly loved? Is that what "till death do us part" is supposed to mean?

Maybe I'm being petty, but why is it assumed that a butcher is automatically an expert on which cuts to grill and how to cook different cuts of meat?

A butcher's training is specific to animal anatomy and the best way to make smaller pieces out of bigger pieces. I respect that. But cooking was never part of their training.

Just like the rest of us, they may have picked up that knowledge informally but should it be assumed. You can be a great butcher and a lousy cook. I know I'm a better cook than I am a butcher.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm being petty, but why is it assumed that a butcher is automatically an expert on which cuts to grill and how to cook different cuts of meat?

A butcher's training is specific to animal anatomy and the best way to make smaller pieces out of bigger pieces. I respect that. But cooking was never part of their training.

Just like the rest of us, they may have picked up that knowledge informally but should it be assumed. You can be a great butcher and a lousy cook. I know I'm a better cook than I am a butcher.

I understand your point Andy, but butchers now days are not often what they once were. I'm remembering my Dad who was a "behind the counter butcher" of another era. He not only advised about the cuts and tenderness of meat, but the options for cooking them well as he was also a good cook. I do agree that not every butcher is both.

I assume that part of butcher training would be theoretical knowledge of which cuts are good for what. The type of butcher Kayelle described also gets feedback from customers.

Kayelle, no disrespect to your dad or others who offer their first hand knowledge to customers and others. My petty vent is at the automatic assumption that any butcher would know best just because he’s a butcher.

Last edited:
This is probably more of a full blown mad vent. i was flying from Miami home. We are not vary famous here for having kosher food. i always bring something from my travels. This time it was French chocolate pudding. very yummy treat. I bought a whole box. Tapped it really well, Quadruple bagged it and made sure to set it safely in my suite case. The flipping TSA, ripped the bags, even though they were simple grocery bags not tapped, not tide, nothing. All they had to do is take the box out of the bag. Then they proceed to cut the tape and brake the box, not on the top, but on the side. Literally break, rip a part of it, where they could have simply cut nicely. Ok, I understand they have to check. But they did not bother closing the box, did not bother taping it back, did not bother wrapping it in a grocery bags. Of course box got all smashed up, pudding got all over, well, you see what i mean. The thing that bothers me the most not the fact that everything inside the suitcase got dirty, but the fact that a whole bunch of pudding went into garbage. First of all it is a treat we cannot get here, second of all it is expensive, third of all it is simply one of those cases "not my job".

This is probably more of a full blown mad vent. i was flying from Miami home. We are not vary famous here for having kosher food. i always bring something from my travels. This time it was French chocolate pudding. very yummy treat. I bought a whole box. Tapped it really well, Quadruple bagged it and made sure to set it safely in my suite case. The flipping TSA, ripped the bags, even though they were simple grocery bags not tapped, not tide, nothing. All they had to do is take the box out of the bag. Then they proceed to cut the tape and brake the box, not on the top, but on the side. Literally break, rip a part of it, where they could have simply cut nicely. Ok, I understand they have to check. But they did not bother closing the box, did not bother taping it back, did not bother wrapping it in a grocery bags. Of course box got all smashed up, pudding got all over, well, you see what i mean. The thing that bothers me the most not the fact that everything inside the suitcase got dirty, but the fact that a whole bunch of pudding went into garbage. First of all it is a treat we cannot get here, second of all it is expensive, third of all it is simply one of those cases "not my job".
A mixture of arrogance and rudeness and "I've got a uniform and a big gun and I can do as I like because no-one will report me". Did you get his ID? Stern letter to the TSA's boss or the company which owns/administers the airport and a copy to the press. It'll make you feel better and it might (I did say "might") mean it won't happen again. These yobs forget that they are public servants, when all's said and done.

Last edited:

I absolutely HATE the Miami Airport with a passion. I have had so many bad experiences there. It seems like the goal at that airport is to see just how many people they can mess with. I wouldn't be surprised if the TSA employees who messed up your pudding were laughing the whole time they did it.

CD

A mixture of arrogance and rudeness and "I've got a uniform and a big gun and I can do as I like because no-one will report me". Did you get his ID? Stern letter to the TSA's boss or the company which owns/administers the airport and a copy to the press. It'll make you feel better and it might (I did say "might") mean it won't happen again. These yobs forget that they are public servants, when all's said and done.

It sounds like the pudding was in checked baggage, so there is no way to know who did it. They just leave a little piece of paper in your checked bag saying they searched it. No names or numbers.

CD

I think TSA has a new-ish rule in place that they don't want you transporting any powder-like substances, like dry chocolate pudding, but I was thinking it was for carry-on bags. Maybe they expanded to checked luggage. Sorry it happened, Charlie. Maybe you can file a claim with the airline for ruined clothes and cost of the pudding.

It sounds like the pudding was in checked baggage, so there is no way to know who did it. They just leave a little piece of paper in your checked bag saying they searched it. No names or numbers.

CD

exactly.

the thing is, I so do not trust these people I do not want to even send complain. To send a complain I'd have to provide my name. They are going to flag me and next time I'd be traveling they throw a strip search or worse, who knows. Ok, maybe I am being a bit paranoid. But after this incident I just think anything can happen.

I've always supported TSA, always thought that they are great. Boy, was I wrong.

Last edited:
I am so glad I do not travel anymore. One less aggravation in my life. The last time I flew was down south and it is necessary for me to have to use their wheelchair services. I was grateful for it, but it was embarassing at the same time. They wheeled me out onto the runway and had to load me up on a lift. It held the plane up for a few minutes.

The one thing I hate about airport is the distance you have to go to get to your gate. A distance I have not been able to walk for a number of years. And now with just one leg, if I choose to travel, I will have to wear a diaper. Would you want to sit next to a person who has to sit in a dirty diaper the whole trip? Np thanks, I will stay home.

exactly.

the thing is, I so do not trust these people I do not want to even send complain. To send a complain I'd have to provide my name. They are going to flag me and next time I'd be traveling they throw a strip search or worse, who knows. Ok, maybe I am being a bit paranoid. But after this incident I just think anything can happen.

I've always supported TSA, always thought that they are great. Boy, was I wrong.

Charlie have you considered ordering some kosher foods online?

My grandson is getting married next summer. He told me that he wants to dance with me. I told him I now am the owner of just one leg. That is going to be very difficult to do.

"Don't worry Grandma. If I have to carry you on my back, I will." I love this child and don't want to ruin his wedding. But I don't want to be embarrassed at the same time. I don't want everyone staring at me. I suppose he could push me around in my wheelchair. But there will still be staring going on when the see only one leg protruding on the one foot rest. The first dance with be with his bride. And he wants to have the second one with me, then his mother.

How do I get out of this gracefully? He is not accepting "No" for an answer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom