Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One thing to consider: people who have a bad experience are more likely to complain about it than people who have a positive experience are to post about it. I wouldn't base my choice on just that.
Truth. Someone did a survey. ~8 out of 10 people will tell friends and family about a bad experience. ~3 out 10 will tell friends and family about a good experience.

All true guys!

I'm the kind of person where if I receive poor customer service,
no matter the business, I will seek out the owner/manager/supervisor
and make my concerns known and allow them to correct them.
If I return and they have not done so, everyone will then hear about them.

In the positive aspect, I'll give praise where praise is due.
I'm an equal opportunist.
Treat me right and I tell all my friends, treat me poorly and I still tell all my friends-but I'll give you one shot to correct it first.
(Did I say that I worked in Hospitality/Customer Service the most of my life :rolleyes:)

Kgirl, I'd be back on the phone with your insurance rep post haste and tell her you want to order your thyroid prescription, or any other recurring prescription by mail from now on. She will give you the instructions on how to do that. Every insurance company I've ever had offers that option, and you'll never have to deal with that pharmacy again.

*UPDATE*

I've received THREE text messages from our pharmacy saying that my prescription is ready for pick up.
The smart gal that I am, I called to confirm this, each time!
"Oh no Missus... we're still working on it ..."
:ermm::huh::wacko::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last week I call my pharmacy to see if my script was out for delivery. Nope. The girl that answered the phone looked into her computer and couldn't find my name. So she went to the pharmacist and according to her, he never heard of me either. Eleven years that man has bee filling my scripts.

I filed a formal two page complaint. So far I have received three letters of apology.

Kgirl, I'd be back on the phone with your insurance rep post haste and tell her you want to order your thyroid prescription, or any other recurring prescription by mail from now on. She will give you the instructions on how to do that. Every insurance company I've ever had offers that option, and you'll never have to deal with that pharmacy again.

KL, I was doing that for a while, but they were worse!
Our mail order meds come from Hawaii and are never timely.
I now keep a 30 day "emergency backup" count of my meds,
just in case and it's a good thing that I do! :wacko:
Once the local pharmacy has their "stuff" together, I can
pick up what I need within a few days for refills, also at any affiliate
across the US. We won't mention any names to protect
the innocent but it's a large company using three alphabet letters ;);)
:LOL:

I'm glad our insurance is nice about that. We can use any pharmacy we want. I actually never heard of restrictions on which pharmacy, here in Canada. If we didn't have Rx insurance through my husband's job, we would be on the provincial plan and that's at any pharmacy too.

KL, I was doing that for a while, but they were worse!
Our mail order meds come from Hawaii and are never timely.
I now keep a 30 day "emergency backup" count of my meds,
just in case and it's a good thing that I do! :wacko:
Once the local pharmacy has their "stuff" together, I can
pick up what I need within a few days for refills, also at any affiliate
across the US. We won't mention any names to protect
the innocent but it's a large company using three alphabet letters ;);)
:LOL:
Were you aware that your three letter pharmacy just bought an insurance giant with a Greek name?

Being self-employed, I get my insurance through the Healthcare.gov marketplace. I picked a BCBS of Texas plan that meats my needs, as best as anything available. I get my prescriptions filled at my favorite Kroger.

My sister and parents are forced to get their prescriptions by mail. Wow, the hoops they jump through are ridiculous.

CD

I'm glad our insurance is nice about that. We can use any pharmacy we want. I actually never heard of restrictions on which pharmacy, here in Canada. If we didn't have Rx insurance through my husband's job, we would be on the provincial plan and that's at any pharmacy too.
I've never heard of having to use a specific pharmacy or chain, either, except for some very expensive specialty meds that are delivered by mail. Several months ago, I had to get a refill of one med which requires a large quantity of pills (I take six per day and it's a 3-month Rx). The Kroger pharmacy didn't have enough, so they called around to other local pharmacies to find one that did and I got them there. They just transferred the Rx and the next month, transferred it back.

We used to go to an independent pharmacy in the next city over, but the owner sold it and service went way down. So as I needed refills, I moved them over to Kroger - no problem.

I like the convenience of mail order. Log in to the website from the comfort of my home, my Visa is charged and the Rx are delivered to my mailbox.

I just phone my pharmacy and get them delivered to my door. I can order them online. It works better for pickup. I only tried getting them delivered once that way, and they didn't show up. I had to phone, but then they came the same day. Also, if I phone, I can get other stuff they sell in the store delivered with my 'scripts.

I've never heard of having to use a specific pharmacy or chain, either, except for some very expensive specialty meds that are delivered by mail. Several months ago, I had to get a refill of one med which requires a large quantity of pills (I take six per day and it's a 3-month Rx). The Kroger pharmacy didn't have enough, so they called around to other local pharmacies to find one that did and I got them there. They just transferred the Rx and the next month, transferred it back.

We used to go to an independent pharmacy in the next city over, but the owner sold it and service went way down. So as I needed refills, I moved them over to Kroger - no problem.

My parents and sister can choose their own pharmacy, but will not pay the same deductible. My parents have Medicare supplemental supplied as part of my dad's pension plan. They require him to use mail order, or pay more for prescriptions (which he could easily do, but he's cheap). My sister get's her insurance from her employer (a hospital, of all things), and has to use CVS, either local or by mail. Her insurance company has an agreement with CVS.

CVS and Amazon are both wanting to acquire pharmacies and insurance companies, so this practice will probably grow.

CD

The only problem that I see with mail order prescriptions are that some medicines are susceptible to being affected by temperature. So, if it's 110° out, or maybe 30° below, your medicine sitting for hours in a mailbox or doorstep is a bad thing.

Last edited:
The only problem that I see with mail order prescriptions are that some medicines are susceptible to being affected by temperature. So, if it's 110° out, or maybe 30° below, your medicine sitting for hours in a mailbox or doorstep is a bad thing.

There's no guarantee medications delivered to your local pharmacy didn't experience the same exposures somewhere along the way.

Our Rx plan is provided by DH's former employer, so we don't get much of a choice.
It has changed, oh, I'd say 4 or 5 times since retiring 11 years ago.
You MUST do mail order...
Go where you like ...
You MUST go to this retail pharmacy to pick up your drugs ...
You choice how you like, but your out-of-pocket price will differ ...
You MUST do mail order from Hawaii, ONLY!!!
Now, it's up to you either mail order or retail pick up, same price, BUT, it must be from XYZ! (again, protecting the innocent :whistling: )

GEEZ! I guess that's SIX TIMES :LOL:
We've run the gambit, and I'm sure it'll change again and probably SOON!

But I must say, thank you very much former employer of DH for your wonderful coverage (I got a lump sum retirement and no lifelong coverage), our out-of-pocket costs are so low on any drug that we need, SO FAR :ermm:

But really, we do feel fortunate to have prescription coverage at all.
So many folks don't have anything.

My younger sister just got laid off after working, loyally, for this company for almost 20 years with no compensation what so ever.
It was simply, don't let the door hit in the ... head on the way out :glare:

I take three Rx that need to be refrigerated. Two come in insulated Styrofoam boxes inside cardboard boxes with ice packs, so they stay at the right temperature.

Last edited:
There's no guarantee medications delivered to your local pharmacy didn't experience the same exposures somewhere along the way.
In my experience, meds that have to be refrigerated usually are required to be delivered from a specialty pharmacy directly to the patient. I imagine they're delivered to the specialty pharmacy (or sometimes they're compounded at the pharmacy) in refrigerated trucks.

I do have one liquid Rx that has to be refrigerated that I get at the Kroger pharmacy. They have a refrigerator in the pharmacy to keep it at the right temperature.

Back
Top Bottom