Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 7 shade trees I received for free from the city all came in 5 gallon containers. I was expecting larger trees in 15 gallon containers. I'll be dead by the time these trees mature and provide enough shade to my house.

well, rf, looks like you're simply going to have to live longer than you'd previously planned on....:)

Where has 2011 gone? Wasn't summer just starting yesterday? How can September be almost over already and why didn't I realize that much time was passing? Seriously, time can slow down a little if it wants. I won't complain.

Where has 2011 gone? Wasn't summer just starting yesterday? How can September be almost over already and why didn't I realize that much time was passing? Seriously, time can slow down a little if it wants. I won't complain.
I know what you mean. After a rough winter, a record-breaking spring (for snow, heat, cold, rain, you name it, all within a couple of months!), I'm hoping for a long, nice autumn. It's been pretty much beautiful, but I was writing checks for bills and went, IT CANNOT BE! September cannot be ending. Where did it go? I want fall to last for at least 6 months!

Stores that stop serving you so they can check your money with thier little pen, before finishing the transaction.

Lets break it down to purpose and intent.

Excuse me, I have to check your money to see if you are a thief.

1. If the money is counterfeit, they want YOU to have to eat it, plus, YOU will have to wait until some cop questions you about it while everyone you know goes by in the store and looks at you like a criminal.

2. The store obviously doesn't care if you like it or not. This shows their real "love for their customers", or I should say, the lack of caring.

Here's my cure. Use $10 bills to pay for everything at each of those stores.

I'm going to try $10 bills. See if the two places that do that every time will check them. If not, I'll use them. They check $20's now. Gimme a break! :blink::blink::blink:

I've even thought of taking my own pen to the store to check THIER money when they give me change. Hold their line up until I've made sure THEIR money is good. I wonder how they would like that!

What's next, leaving a urine sample?

Between xrays and crotch feelies at that airport, (soon to be done at bus stations and trains), and police cars being every third car on the highway, we're becoming a police state.

Reminds me of the old Cheech and Chong skit: "Show me you papers Old Man!"

stymied on sewing, seems the pattern i was using was for a knit. which my fabric is not. so , since top is almost made, will fit on lilly tomorrow. i will be babysitting her. if it fits will finish. if not will make top from another dress pattern, not for knits. skirt should be fine. just not paying attention i guess. ticks me off , when i do that.

I could kill my brother. I called him today to ask if he'd like to hitch a ride to Syracuse and catch the train in October (I'm driving down to see my best friend in CT). "I really don't want to go spend any time with them." And, last night, at 11:00 p.m. my phone rang. I was up because I was still working--I knew it wasn't "Poland" calling, but I have to admit, my heart skipped a beat. People who know me, know that I usually am in bed by 8:00 p.m., latest 9:00 p.m. I can't stay up later than that if I hope to get up by 1:30 or 2:00 to start my work day. It was my mother. Apparently, a package was sent to them and they didn't receive it. So now I'm also responsible for flaws in the US Postal system. There's a whole history behind the sender of the package and if it had arrived while I was there and picking up the mail, I might have been tempted to return it to the sender, but it did not arrive when I was there and I don't like being suspected of doing something with it.

And, I still want to kill my brother (figuratively speaking--I love him dearly, but I am so ANNOYED that my two brothers are putting the burden of caring for OUR parents on my shoulders). HELLO! I can't do this alone boys. And I'm the baby of the family--why is it my "job"? Last one "out" has to take care of the parents? Where was rule ever written?

Oh, I feel better. I best go get the hens bedded down for the night.

CWS4322 said:
I could kill my brother. I called him today to ask if he'd like to hitch a ride to Syracuse and catch the train in October (I'm driving down to see my best friend in CT). "I really don't want to go spend any time with them." And, last night, at 11:00 p.m. my phone rang. I was up because I was still working--I knew it wasn't "Poland" calling, but I have to admit, my heart skipped a beat. People who know me, know that I usually am in bed by 8:00 p.m., latest 9:00 p.m. I can't stay up later than that if I hope to get up by 1:30 or 2:00 to start my work day. It was my mother. Apparently, a package was sent to them and they didn't receive it. So now I'm also responsible for flaws in the US Postal system. There's a whole history behind the sender of the package and if it had arrived while I was there and picking up the mail, I might have been tempted to return it to the sender, but it did not arrive when I was there and I don't like being suspected of doing something with it.

And, I still want to kill my brother (figuratively speaking--I love him dearly, but I am so ANNOYED that my two brothers are putting the burden of caring for OUR parents on my shoulders). HELLO! I can't do this alone boys. And I'm the baby of the family--why is it my "job"? Last one "out" has to take care of the parents? Where was rule ever written?

Sending you prayers and warm thoughts. Wish I could do more.

It's cuz you're the gurl-child...your job... that's why. Sorry, CWS, I wish there was an easy fix for your parents, but like they say, getting old isn't for sissies, or their children. Love and Hugs!

Stores that stop serving you so they can check your money with thier little pen, before finishing the transaction.

Lets break it down to purpose and intent.

Excuse me, I have to check your money to see if you are a thief.

1. If the money is counterfeit, they want YOU to have to eat it, plus, YOU will have to wait until some cop questions you about it while everyone you know goes by in the store and looks at you like a criminal.

2. The store obviously doesn't care if you like it or not. This shows their real "love for their customers", or I should say, the lack of caring.

Here's my cure. Use $10 bills to pay for everything at each of those stores.

I'm going to try $10 bills. See if the two places that do that every time will check them. If not, I'll use them. They check $20's now. Gimme a break! :blink::blink::blink:

I've even thought of taking my own pen to the store to check THIER money when they give me change. Hold their line up until I've made sure THEIR money is good. I wonder how they would like that!

What's next, leaving a urine sample?

Between xrays and crotch feelies at that airport, (soon to be done at bus stations and trains), and police cars being every third car on the highway, we're becoming a police state.

Reminds me of the old Cheech and Chong skit: "Show me you papers Old Man!"

I like the thought of taking your own pen...that could be fun.:angel:

I agree with Fiona that the girl child gets stuck. I've known daughters-in-law and girl second cousins who will take care of the parent before their own son will. Luckily, I'm from an all-girl family, so we share. And luckily the parental unit can still care for themselves 95% of the time, even though they're right around 80.

Thanks. My BF's hubby got an earful last night--she wasn't home, so he got to hear all about my frustrations. And, I have to say, he has been one of my "rocks" for years. I love him dearly. He is so insightful and has been down this road as well. And has spent time with my parents so he knows them. When I go down for Cdn Thanksgiving, I might ask him to write a letter to my dad--he's written to them before--and was a key person to intercede and help me reconcile with them. I have forgiven them for the hurt--that is not to say I've forgotten, but I've been able to "rise above" the pain. In a large part, he's responsible for me being able to do that. Don't you just hate s/one who serves a lovely meal and then brings up tough topics as "dinnertime conversation"?

BTW, as if I wanted to spend 7 weeks with my parents. My mom still thinks I'm on a trip and asks when I'm coming home. I'm home in my heart every hour of every day. But I can't live there.

Grrr. Sick. Don't want to be sick. Sinuses congested, ears hurt, throat hurts. Tongue, jaw and roof of my mouth ache. Neck muscles are achey and the achey fealing is moving down into my back. Head hurts. I don't have time to be sick.

Grrr. Sick. Don't want to be sick. Sinuses congested, ears hurt, throat hurts. Tongue, jaw and roof of my mouth ache. Neck muscles are achey and the achey fealing is moving down into my back. Head hurts. I don't have time to be sick.

Yeah, I wish I had spoken up earlier today and screamed for pain relief...I do have a couple of days to tolerate Shrek until his new meds balance out. He is so angry with me right now for bringing it up in front of his doctor that the Chantix makes him mean. He really had an outburst about my behavior, I had changed clothes so I would be decently dressed to pay the food delivery guy,When he asked me why I had changed clothes, apparently I had the wrong look on ,my face...I was looking at him, I'm not sure what he saw but is was enough to set him off yelling about how he is the mean one.

I just have to get through the next couple of days...

PrincessFiona60 said:
Yeah, I wish I had spoken up earlier today and screamed for pain relief...I do have a couple of days to tolerate Shrek until his new meds balance out. He is so angry with me right now for bringing it up in front of his doctor that the Chantix makes him mean. He really had an outburst about my behavior, I had changed clothes so I would be decently dressed to pay the food delivery guy,When he asked me why I had changed clothes, apparently I had the wrong look on ,my face...I was looking at him, I'm not sure what he saw but is was enough to set him off yelling about how he is the mean one.

I just have to get through the next couple of days...

I hope they pass quickly for you.

I hope they pass quickly for you.

I'm just glad his doctor saw it and agreed with me and did some switching of the meds. Shrek is quite angry by what he feels is a betrayal...something he won't even consider in a few days, he'll actually be upset with himsel by then...it's just getting there without using pillow therapy.:glare:

PrincessFiona60 said:
I'm just glad his doctor saw it and agreed with me and did some switching of the meds. Shrek is quite angry by what he feels is a betrayal...something he won't even consider in a few days, he'll actually be upset with himsel by then...it's just getting there without using pillow therapy.:glare:

Deep breaths and cold water over the shower curtain. He's already cranky, might as well have fun with it. Kidding, I know that would only legitemize his crankyness.

PrincessFiona60 said:

Wow, that's rough, PF. Sure hope things get better soon! Funny what some meds can do.

Hope you're feeling better, Pag!

...it's just getting there without using pillow therapy.:glare:

Ha! The only pillow therapy I've known of is:

1. Using one after bypass surgery when coughing, so the alien can't get out of your chest.

2. Using one as a silencer to quiet the firing of a pistol.

3. Using one to suffocate someone who is being a PITA.

Which type are you using? :ROFLMAO: ......run Shrek, RUN!

Ha! The only pillow therapy I've known of is:

1. Using one after bypass surgery when coughing, so the alien can't get out of your chest.

2. Using one as a silencer to quiet the firing of a pistol.

3. Using one to suffocate someone who is being a PITA.

Which type are you using? :ROFLMAO: ......run Shrek, RUN!

#3...but, now I'm considering taking a weekend off from home...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom