Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you go to the 'Cooking Forums' page (just click on the Discuss Cooking logo at the top of the page), scroll down to the end of the forum listings and you will see a 'Today's Birthdays' section.

No one should take a missed birthday as a slight. I don't believe it's ever intentional. There is no notification process so every day someone has to remember to go look for today's birthdays. With all that's going on in our lives outside of DC, there are no guarantees.

I know for certain there are some people who couldn't care less what I think. I sure don't let that stop me from participating. It doesn't matter what they think.

Thanks GG, that was me that said that. I think there are some of us that may feel like no matter what we say or do, we just don't feel like we are welcomed on this site. I sometimes feel like an intruder trying to fit in with the popular kids in school. lol I know some of you have been on this site a long time and you have gotten to know each other pretty good. Maybe you all are not aware of how you make others feel sometimes. Not intentionally, I believe. And this is not meant for you GG, sorry, just got on a rant, or maybe just having a pity party. lol

I know for certain there are some people who couldn't care less what I think. I sure don't let that stop me from participating. It doesn't matter what they think.
Same here. I share if I think I have something useful to say - and often just to share. [emoji38] That being said, I find it easier to limit my online time by using my phone rather than my laptop. Doing that also limits what I can view from the full website. I know I can get into DC through a webpage rather than the app, but then that defeats my "less time online" plan.

Same here. I share if I think I have something useful to say - and often just to share. [emoji38] That being said, I find it easier to limit my online time by using my phone rather than my laptop. Doing that also limits what I can view from the full website. I know I can get into DC through a webpage rather than the app, but then that defeats my "less time online" plan.

If I'm using my phone with the web page, I usually don't feel like spending much time here with the tiny letters and ads.

Cookie, "Power User" is your friend found in the search drop down menu, on that drop down menu you can also see "view all your posts" to see if anything has been added to the last post.
It's worked well for me for many years. Try it. ;):mrgreen:

Chief, I do enjoy reading your posts but I’m wondering if there is anything that can be done about the typos. It’s not just 1 or 2 but many. It makes it very difficult to understand what you really meant to say. So if it’s a long post with lots of typos, I’ll just give up on it.

Chief, I do enjoy reading your posts but I’m wondering if there is anything that can be done about the typos. It’s not just 1 or 2 but many. It makes it very difficult to understand what you really meant to say. So if it’s a long post with lots of typos, I’ll just give up on it.

I know that typos have been a problem. For the past couple of weeks, I have been proofreading my posts all the way through, trying to correct the typos before submiting. I believe my posts are easier to read now. I know that when trying to quickly respond to something before I am called away, i sometimes don't proofreaad. Also, my touchpad on my laptop can cause typos as my thumbs can get too close to it while I'm typing. That' where most of my errors come from
I will continue to exercise due dillegence in corecting my posts so as to make sensible.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind

It only shows up on the "latest forum topic" list.
I just go to my "User Control Panel" and any thread I have posted in that has a new post shows up there. I click the green square with the check mark in it and it takes me to the first unread post in that thread.

Capture.jpg

Cookie, "Power User" is your friend found in the search drop down menu, on that drop down menu you can also see "view all your posts" to see if anything has been added to the last post.
It's worked well for me for many years. Try it. ;):mrgreen:

Thanks, I can find my posts, I was just wondering why sometimes other peoples threads that I post on never show up until much later.

Yeh, I was recently again disgusted by my cat. He was originally name
gizmo, for as a kitten, he looked very much like the cute little gremlin by the same name, in the movie - Gremlins. Then, the daughter who obtained them moved out, and left him with us, after we told her she couldn't get a cat. She found out that she's allergic to them.

We shortened his name to Mo. I call him "Mo trouble than he's worth".
He lived upt to his title yet again by leaving a pile just outside of my bedroom doorway, where it was hard to see, but easy to smell. While exiting the room in my wheelchair, I, of course ran over the pile of cat feces and ended up with it on one wheel, and on my hand. I cleaned it all up, and sprayed the carpet, and my wheel chair wheel with disinfectant spray. I washed my hands in hot, soapy water for at least 5 minutes.

Now, I would never purposely mistreat an animal, and Mo is no different. I even let him sit on my lap as I scratch his head, neck, and under his chin. Suffice it to say though, I never wanted a cat, and wish i did't have a cat in my home. I will let him stay here though, defalcating and throwing up on my carpets, waking me up in the middle of the night because he wants something to eat, etc.

I made fried chicken fingers for D.W., and a fried chicken thigh for me tonight. He has plenty of craned cat food in his bowl. He smells the chicken though, and won't touch his own food. He wants ours. That is D.W.s fault as she regularly gives him treats from her plate.

Tonight, he's just not on my good side. There will be no scratching for Mo.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom